It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS and Flying Saucers and 40+plus years of Ufology - Stan Friedman.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

i rekon stan i a disinformer i dont belive him hes a nobody !

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Originally posted by nineix

[snipped enormous attempt at scientific methodology explanation - sorta]
Forget the .gov and the FOIA. Go out and make your own data happen. If you want to censor or redact yourself after that, then, hey, it's your data.

This brings up a serious question. Why not?

Arguably, the return on investment could be exponential even if the principal is millions of $$$. But no one has met the scientific, professional credentialing and credibility, checks and balances,etc tests or, for that matter, has tried.

The only person I have ever convinced to do this...has disappeared, vanished. He is/was one of dozens who I have counseled who could drop a couple of million, lose it, and never miss it.

It is a very strange phenomenon indeed this apparent lack of interest, funding and effort.

Yes, I tend to get a little babble in, or out of me.

But, yes, Why not?

Hell, start a whole new group called ScrUFOn, SrewUFOn, or even use a serious name (for a serious venture), so as to ensure distancing and non-association with this old 'ufology' culture of orthodoxy which continues to pretend to do whatever it's pretending to do.

Come up with a name and I'll start working on a logo.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Forget the .gov and the FOIA. Go out and make your own data happen. If you want to censor or redact yourself after that, then, hey, it's your data.

This brings up a serious question. Why not?

Arguably, the return on investment could be exponential even if the principal is millions of $$$. But no one has met the scientific, professional credentialing and credibility, checks and balances,etc tests or, for that matter, has tried.

The only person I have ever convinced to do this...has disappeared, vanished. He is/was one of dozens who I have counseled who could drop a couple of million, lose it, and never miss it.

It is a very strange phenomenon indeed this apparent lack of interest, funding and effort.

Yes, I tend to get a little babble in, or out of me.

But, yes, Why not?

Hell, start a whole new group called ScrUFOn, SrewUFOn, or even use a serious name (for a serious venture), so as to ensure distancing and non-association with this old 'ufology' culture of orthodoxy which continues to pretend to do whatever it's pretending to do.

Come up with a name and I'll start working on a logo.

Thanks for the comment but we are a bit ahead of the "get a logo, get serious, get formal" curve.
We are also past the "keep secret" function (obviously) although we never expected to get very far as legal coverts. This kind of effort draws a great deal of unwanted attention regardless of stealthiness.

FYI- Greer has been mentioned, he is due on Marco Island FL next month and was approached to cooperate - no funds required - since his last visit was of high audio-visual, alien order. No interest. No surprise.

Blog

Without the primary investment, and that is the only lacking piece left to the "real research" puzzle...

Onward and onward...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the comment but we are a bit ahead of the "get a logo, get serious, get formal" curve.
We are also past the "keep secret" function (obviously) although we never expected to get very far as legal coverts. This kind of effort draws a great deal of unwanted attention regardless of stealthiness.

FYI- Greer has been mentioned, he is due on Marco Island FL next month and was approached to cooperate - no funds required - since his last visit was of high audio-visual, alien order. No interest. No surprise.

Blog

Without the primary investment, and that is the only lacking piece left to the "real research" puzzle...

Onward and onward...

Wait. Are you saying that The Disclosure Project is the answer?
While the endeavors of The Disclosure Project are respectable, just as some of the efforts, elements and even results of research or inquiry conducted by MUFON, and other sundry organizations have some some significance, these endeavors seem only to have, at the most, created a little splash of sensationalism.

Granted, gathering, putting together and garnering cooperation from the list of names associated with The Disclosure Project is indeed an interesting, and noteworthy approach.
However, one of the flaws associated with this effort, the same problem that S Friedman seems to relish in demonstrating, is 'The Government'.
The Disclosure Project, relies in part on cooperation of The Government.

Just as the petition for disclosure returned comment along the lines that 'ther is no alien activity occurring on this planet and there is no knowedge of any other intelligent life anywhere other than humans', the very same response, however it was put then, and in the past, can be recycled over and over ad infinitum regardless the names involved, influence represented, and credibility of witness statements.

For actual Disclosure to happen, 'The Government' needs be ignored and cut out of the equation as a problem, or a solution.

As said before, conducting private research, developing methodologies for reliably capturing video of abduction events, leading up to methodologies that could possibly physically capture an alien (if they exist), collecting data under controlled conditions is, I feel, one of the best routes.

It takes any reliance on anyone, other than cooperation of candidate abduction subjects and people involved in such a project out of the equation.
Independence.

Edit: I have not watched video, but, will. I've been called in to go up to the hospital, so, I'll have to check it out when I get back in later on.

edit on 21-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Onward and onward...

Wait. Are you saying that The Disclosure Project is the answer?

Good Lord, no!
They claimed significant alien contact, starships, etc, and they were approached as a potential source for the same. Their timing to be in Florida matched our timing to be in Miami.

We don't care who delivers the alien goods as long as they deliver and we can get our data from it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

You had me worried there.
I can respect the ambiguity of where or how confirmation occurs, though, I'm a little bit squinty eyed about it in consideration that association with any personalities of questionable persuasion could taint any later data release.

Greer, for instance, as i understand it, has a similar approach where some of these personalities recruited and acting as poster children for the project are a bit questionable and even somewhat suspicious. He's more interested in the volume of the message being heard, with a mostly credible and mostly respectable demographic of representative testimony, while ignoring those elements that will and have undermined the effort merely by being present.
Further, the project is all about hug-a-rainbow love the universe and all that, totally ignoring the long history of abduction cases where women have been forcefully taken, raped, impregnated, and then forcefully dis-impregnated, as well as the other horror stories.

Whatever the case, benevolent beings, reptiles, insects, angels, demons, intra-extra-whateverdimensional-somethings, greys, pleiedians, spiders from mars, whatever, it's all universally spooky with yet a bit of evidence standing up as unassailable.

Something is going on, whatever that something is. I'm biased toward skepticism, yes, but, I do recognize that there is a phenomenon, and it'd be certainly nice to have some answers.
The waters are, of course, quite muddy.

Methinks ignoring all other groups, and avoiding association/taint/influence from other groups is a good idea, except where data sharing in the spirit of conventional science should be an open book.
The focus should be verifiable data, and/or data sets already in the archives that could correlate a reliable means or pattern for developing more data independently.

When you say 'We', is this 'we' the blog link you posted, or some other 'we'.

Recognizably you've mentioned something about secrecy, so, if you'd prefer talking about any 'we' over U2U, chirp me. I'd be happy to hear about this 'we' if you are indeed going about seeking answers outside of and away from the current circus of the broken thing known as UFOlogy, especially all the more so if efforts are taking a rigid scientific approach.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

When you say 'We', is this 'we' the blog link you posted, or some other 'we'.

Recognizably you've mentioned something about secrecy, so, if you'd prefer talking about any 'we' over U2U, chirp me. I'd be happy to hear about this 'we' if you are indeed going about seeking answers outside of and away from the current circus of the broken thing known as UFOlogy, especially all the more so if efforts are taking a rigid scientific approach.

"We" are a group consisting of ex-CIA, ex-NASA, two scientists with paranormal experience, a videographer and others. Professionals selected to meet the desired credentials for a control study of a verifiable "alien experience".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

Excellent.

I'm former Infotech consulting, now, artist/photographer, so, I'd be useless to your venture unless you want to know how to set up a secure nationwide VPN, WAN, servers, or photograph something properly.
Plenty of of other peeps with those kinds of skill sets around though.

It is nice to know, though, that there's interested concerns dissatisfied with current so-called research and/or researchers that have banded together to hopefully actually get something done, and such people come from legitimate backgrounds where there's an understanding of the importance of legitimacy.

It's lonely out here.

If there's such a thing as luck, I wish you the best of it.

Have you lobbied Mr MUFON Dan Akroyd hisself for some funding? I'm sure the guy has at least a little bit of bank, and though he's supposed president of said organization, surely he knows how broken it is where outsourcing to another interest might be sound action.

With CIA spooks, even ex in the gang, I'm surprised you're having trouble with funding. Not that CIA guys have pockets, but, that I'd think they'd know people that know people that have pockets, and secrets, and skeletons, or something along those lines.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I love listening to Stan. He's probably my favorite Ufologist, but his lectures do tend to get very repetitive. I don't know how many times I've heard him say "noisy negativists", "underline some 27 times" and "deny in toto".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm going to right out and say it. the guy looks scary as hell. He's the Father of the Wild Eyed Boy from Borneo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Have you lobbied Mr MUFON Dan Akroyd hisself for some funding? I'm sure the guy has at least a little bit of bank, and though he's supposed president of said organization, surely he knows how broken it is where outsourcing to another interest might be sound action.

MUFON is problematic. Akroyd is their "movie consultant". Clifford Clift is out, MUFON is a floating entertainment entity.

If MUFON/Akroyd were serious about relaible and reproducible evidence, they would have done it by now.

With CIA spooks, even ex in the gang, I'm surprised you're having trouble with funding. Not that CIA guys have pockets, but, that I'd think they'd know people that know people that have pockets, and secrets, and skeletons, or something along those lines.

Agency people scare investors. People with nearly unlimited funds are often looking but rarely spending, they want power or thrills not intellectual honesty.

Raising funds is luck and throwing dung on the wall. The process of qualifying a potential investor takes weeks. Only once have we shown our entire hand and that individual went AWOL. Read into that what you want.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

For actual Disclosure to happen, 'The Government' needs be ignored and cut out of the equation as a problem, or a solution.

The methodology is simple, the operational is complex. Small, well-funded, mobile group, mostly innocuous and anonymous, that is not and cannot be influenced or infiltrated. A set of requirements and guidelines that will be widely accepted upon scientific peer review.

Get in, get the data, get out, publish immediately and universally.

The evidence has to be clear and nearly irrefutable. The participants clear of any former attention to this subject.

edit on 22-3-2012 by PulsusMeusGallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I like Stan Friedman I think he believes in what he does, and is a likable guy!
That doesn't change the fact that he has provided us with NO conclusive evidence for
Alien Visitation.

Well Done though Stan on your dedication to the field of UFO's

Speaking of Friedman, yes, he has spent a lifetime in the field of UFOlogy, starting his career with fresh research, coming to his end as stale cheese.

After all this time and effort, he has relatively nothing to show for it. He never raised the scientific flag, led a group that was well funded and intensive, in short, he was so concerned with feeding his face he lost sight of the end game.

Unassailable, irrefutable evidence.

Or did he? Was he afraid? I know of several large funding opportunities that he shunned, why? Did he ultimately know that he would undo his own career?

UFOlogy is chock full of no count researchers who never had the 'nads to get outside a library, a Google search, use their conference presence for more than selling books and truly take on the issues.

Meh to Stan Friedman.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
From my observations you will get your best info from Lazar, Lear and Zorgon and of course ME

Zorgon I miss your Avatar ......get er' up man!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
From my observations you will get your best info from Lazar, Lear and Zorgon and of course ME

Then we are super-dooper screwed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

This thread is quite new and don't recall posting here but just found out something
critical which may not be the case if the web page brings back the link.
There are many Stanton Friedman threads and must have responded in about
three most likely with the same ideas.

www.bing.com...
The top link is for an audio broadcast that is not available although the title is there.
The UFO Town Meeting link should resolve into one I posted in my profile when I first
posted and is now page seven.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the page 7 link
www.blogtalkradio.com...

Enjoy if it works.
Of course being agent and conspiracy aware there can be agent hackers at work
here like the FBI page for the Tesla File.

ED: Sorry here is the story:

The UFO Town Meeting! by Slickrick in Paranormal on Thu, September 4, 2008 This show will deal with the UFO enigma andwhat the truth is. I will have on my show guests such as Dennis Balthaser, Stanton Friedman, and others pro and con that will show how the UFO Enigma has effected us in the world today!

edit on 3/28/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Sorry, I haven't the first clue what you are going on about.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Oh you mean this silly thing:

This thread is quite new and don't recall posting here but just found out something
critical which may not be the case if the web page brings back the link.
There are many Stanton Friedman threads and must have responded in about
three most likely with the same ideas.

www.bing.com...
The top link is for an audio broadcast that is not available although the title is there.
The UFO Town Meeting link should resolve into one I posted in my profile when I first
posted and is now page seven.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the page 7 link
www.blogtalkradio.com...

Enjoy if it works.
Of course being agent and conspiracy aware there can be agent hackers at work
here like the FBI page for the Tesla File.

ED: Sorry here is the story:

The UFO Town Meeting! by Slickrick in Paranormal on Thu, September 4, 2008 This show will deal with the UFO enigma andwhat the truth is. I will have on my show guests such as Dennis Balthaser, Stanton Friedman, and others pro and con that will show how the UFO Enigma has effected us in the world today!

edit on 3/28/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

Thats too bad cause you see the Stanton Friedman podcast on the UFO Town Meeting was
delinked by agents against Tesla just as the Tesla files link was doctored on the FBI document
download page. It might be that Stanton was called an agent by Lyne and pretended not
knowing who Lyne was or his point of view. That might have been a disturbing link for the
Stanton people.

The Tesla FBI files were pointed out by Lyne at one time listing a witness to levitating
metal plates. Some how these are recent events to cover up Tesla references that we
should all be aware of because liars need to hide the truth.

Sorry about my friendly post to give you a Stanton Friedman podcast which his people
might have been upset about. Hope the link gets corrected at some time.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Stan is probably the most level-headed, intelligent and honest person in Ufology. He is a no-BS guy.
I consider him the leader of the pack in the 4 great no-BS, intelligent people in this field, the other three being Richard Dolan, Nick Pope and Leslie Kean. (Yes, I know there are others, but these are my personal picks.)

They are the reasons that disclosure is happening, as we speak. It is a long process and will only happen with people like this at the helm.

Stan passes the test of time, and I hope he gets the satisfaction of observing the wall of secrecy falling to the ground in his lifetime. Long live Stan.
edit on 30-3-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

They are the reasons that disclosure is happening, as we speak. It is a long process and will only happen with people like this at the helm.

Baloney. We don't know much more than we did in 1947 when it comes to facts and not funsies. Disclosure, where is it happening? I don't see it. More unexplained objects is disclosure?

Disclosure is like extended, eternal sex where you wait and wait and wait and wait and oh no here it is here it comes ready ready ready ready?

BAM.

Aliens, listen to me. I'll take a quickie on this one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join