It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS and Flying Saucers and 40+plus years of Ufology - Stan Friedman.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Stanton T. Friedman IS Real.

In 1970 Friedman left full-time employment as a physicist to pursue the scientific investigation of UFOs. Since then, he has given lectures at more than 600 colleges and to more than 100 professional groups in 50 states, nine provinces, and 16 foreign countries.[2] Additionally, he has worked as a consultant on the topic. He has published more than 80 UFO-related papers and has appeared on many radio and television programs.[2] He has also provided written testimony to Congressional hearings and appeared twice at the United Nations.[2] [5] Friedman has consistently favoured use of the term "flying saucer" in his work, saying "Flying saucers are, by definition, unidentified flying objects, but very few unidentified flying objects are flying saucers. I am interested in the latter, not the former."[2] Friedman used to refer to himself as "The Flying Saucer Physicist", because of his degrees in nuclear physics and work on nuclear projects.[6]

For all you Friedman fans a newly uploaded video on the man himself. 40 plus years in the field of ufology, whether you disagree with him or not, that's still some achievement.

Enjoy:

Additonal info:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.stantonfriedman.com...
edit on 20-3-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So he quit Nuclear Physics after working on a bunch of canceled projects and went into selling UFO books, lectures and CD/Dvd's

He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist by such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas working in such highly advanced, classified, eventually cancelled programs as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and various compact nuclear powerplants for space and terrestrial applications.

www.stantonfriedman.com...

He has to bash/debunk Bob Lazar everytime he talks, in fact the latest Bob Lazar debunk is on his front page

Now I have heard him say "Some UFO's are alien spaceships"

Okay so I ask...

What proof of this has he given us after all these years?

If he hasn't given us any proof, then how is his story and better than any one else's story?

Ufology books make more money than a career in nuclear physics?
How about that... Selling 'The Truth" but no proof... just like Greer and a long list of others

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I like Stan Friedman I think he believes in what he does, and is a likable guy!
That doesn't change the fact that he has provided us with NO conclusive evidence for
Alien Visitation.

Well Done though Stan on your dedication to the field of UFO's

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
As much as I appreciate a few faces and researchers slugging away at this question about UFOs, I think this film also illustrates some of what's wrong with the whole UFO/Saucer/Aliens topic.

What I think is wrong, is how it seems such a large number of people in the UFO 'researcher' community, are on the tour bus, making the rounds, and earning a living by doing just that, self promoting, selling books, doing face time, telling stories, and convincing people why they should believe, and why they should buy their book(s).

All this $ or whatever coin is paid these researchers, and lecturers to do their little tours to give the community some face time could be spent doing REAL pro-active research.

All this chasing UFO sightings and interviewing witnesses and talking about it is a huge waste of time, resources and money that only contributes to the sensationalism, and self promotion of the organ grinders in the 'business' of UFOology.

It is indeed a business. I'm opposed to that.

Stop chasing saucers. Stop doing lectures. Stop entertaining and paying story tellers. Spend the $ or whatever coin on real research.

For instance; Saucers zip around and you never know just when or where they are going to be, or do we?
With the abduction phenomenon, if, as many abduction experiencers claim, the abductions that occur are real physical abductions by aliens that happen repeatedly, then, we actually DO have exact locations of WHERE the UFOs are going to show up eventually: wherever there's an abductee.

Dump funding into chipping, lojacking, tracking, monitoring, stalking, and/or watching abductees (legally with their permission).
If there's a technology at work causing the abductions, it doesn't matter how advanced that technology might be, every technology will have its limitations. By studying physical abduction phenomenon, we can test those limitations, and possibly in working out methodologies for successfully capturing abducting events on video, we may even be able to work out successful methods for capturing a physical in-the-flesh alien (if they are real).

I don't however, see any real research programs or studies like this getting financing.
The only places I see money coming from are gawkers, followers, and believers who shell out paper to keep the clowns performing in the circus.
While contributions to the public forum on the topic by notable names, like Friedman, are nice and all, it seems it turns into a circular justification of existence where they lecture to get more money so they can eat and continue lecturing so they can get more money to eat so they can ... yeah.

I think some of this was alluded to by some of the other faces on the film.

If over 40 years of time and effort into this topic has resulted in, well, nothing much other than circumstantial maybe, possibly, could bes, then, methinks they doing it wrong.

Anyway, yeah. Dems dat, and datz dat.

edit on 20-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, hate to agree with Zorgon, but yeah......Stan is a moron, and does the same things he critiques others for doing. I know people that knew him back in the day....said he was a great guy. And I'm sure he is, I would love to hang out for a few beers and shoot the crap with him, but I'm not dumb enough to take him seriously.

I guess the only thing that most folks need around here to believe someone is reasonable is time? I mean, I can point out other idiots that have been involved in this subject for 25+ years....I guess we should bow down to them, no matter how bad they have hurt this subject?

Sad. Only made more sad is I agree with Zorgon.

There is something seriously amiss if you EVER find me agreeing with Zorgon.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What proof of this has he given us after all these years?

As much as Lazar and Lear.

I respect Friedman. He spent extensive energy investigating the Shag Harbour UFO incident. No clear proof that this was extraterrestrial in any way but a lot of evidence could point to it.

Comparing him to Greer is a long shot.

edit on 20-3-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've enjoyed him at several conferences and talked to him face to face repeatedly.

I enjoy his wit and his meticulous research habits.

He does seem to be well over the line into supporting the globalist contention that the ET's are citizens of distant planets instead of fallen angels.

However, he distinguishes doggedly between his opinions vs facts from his meticulous exhaustive personal research.

I respect his research a lot.

I'm not so convinced or impressed by his values about all such things.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm starting to smell somethng fishy around him, every time he bashes Lazar and exactly him. We already got that. what's up with it every time? He is definitely from the more credible researchers but I dont understand his beef on it, why doesn't he bash Icke, Alex Jones, James Maussian, people that are much more of a joke.

Other than that, thanks now I have something to watch in the evening and it is a new video, so great find.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
As much as I appreciate a few faces and researchers slugging away at this question about UFOs, I think this film also illustrates some of what's wrong with the whole UFO/Saucer/Aliens topic.

What I think is wrong, is how it seems such a large number of people in the UFO 'researcher' community, are on the tour bus, making the rounds, and earning a living by doing just that, self promoting, selling books, doing face time, telling stories, and convincing people why they should believe, and why they should buy their book(s).

All this $ or whatever coin is paid these researchers, and lecturers to do their little tours to give the community some face time could be spent doing REAL pro-active research.

All this chasing UFO sightings and interviewing witnesses and talking about it is a huge waste of time, resources and money that only contributes to the sensationalism, and self promotion of the organ grinders in the 'business' of UFOology.

Stop chasing saucers. Stop doing lectures. Stop entertaining and paying story tellers. Spend the $ or whatever coin on real research.

For instance; Saucers zip around and you never know just when or where they are going to be, or do we?
With the abduction phenomenon, if, as many abduction experiencers claim, the abductions that occur are real physical abductions by aliens that happen repeatedly, then, we actually DO have exact locations of WHERE the UFOs are going to show up eventually: wherever there's an abductee.

Dump funding into chipping, lojacking, tracking, monitoring, stalking, and/or watching abductees (legally with their permission).
If there's a technology at work causing the abductions, it doesn't matter how advanced that technology might be, every technology will have its limitations. By studying physical abduction phenomenon, we can test those limitations, and possibly in working out methodologies for successfully capturing abducting events on video, we may even be able to work out successful methods for capturing a physical in-the-flesh alien (if they are real).

I don't however, see any real research programs or studies like this getting financing.
The only places I see money coming from are gawkers, followers, and believers who shell out paper to keep the clowns performing in the circus.
While contributions to the public forum on the topic by notable names, like Friedman, are nice and all, it seems it turns into a circular justification of existence where they lecture to get more money so they can eat and continue lecturing so they can get more money to eat so they can ... yeah.

I think some of this was alluded to by some of the other faces on the film.

If over 40 years of time and effort into this topic has resulted in, well, nothing much other than circumstantial maybe, possibly, could bes, then, methinks they doing it wrong.

Anyway, yeah. Dems dat, and datz dat.

I think I love you.

For new and potentially emerging Ufologists, read the above and heed this advice below.

Delay entering the field of battle until all the other players have become exhausted fighting amongst themselves. Then go in full strength and pick up the pieces.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People wonder why a supposedly smart guy like Friedman continues to constantly and repeatedly bash Bob Lazar as if each time was his first time to do so. The answer is simple, keep pulling the teat full of milk.

Most people who go to see the Friedman's enter through the ufology door with a huge sign that says"I believe". These cultists are not at these conferences and alike public demonstrations of stupidity in search of unbiased information, they are there for reassurances.

Friedeman must eat. Friedman gives reassurances. The only other choice is insincere, unprovable outlandishness and at the moment, Richard Hoagland, David Wilcock and Kerry Cassidy are holding court on that sham.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It is entirely plausible

that:

1. He really does hate--I'm convinced he does--what he perceives to be dishonest folks in the field. They do seem to be like a burr in his saddle.

2. He could well be a government shill of a particular type.

The last time I talked to him face to face, I mentioned the fallen angel aspect etc. and he seemed to pay more attention and asked for my name. He'd never done that before. I was a bit surprised.

Certainly he's not per se of the "fallen angel" explanation persuasion. He touts the party line on that score. Left me wondering.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Most people who go to see the Friedman's enter through the ufology door with a huge sign that says"I believe". These cultists are not at these conferences and alike public demonstrations of stupidity in search of unbiased information, they are there for reassurances.

Friedeman must eat. Friedman gives reassurances. The only other choice is insincere, unprovable outlandishness and at the moment, Richard Hoagland, David Wilcock and Kerry Cassidy are holding court on that sham.

You seem to hold yourself out as a bit of a super rationalist believing only in the tangible you can measure with a micrometer in your hand.

Or . . .

as though you are someone who has 100% comprehensive and very lofty insider knowledge of all there is to know on the topic.

Nonsense. I don't believe you are. It's conceivable. I just don't believe it.

You seem to be spouting YOUR

BELIEFS

as though they were established fact.

. . . criticizing other people for their beliefs . . . when yours aren't based on any greater

KNOWN

foundation than the beliefs of others in the field.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

This is America... the freedom to speak, the right to publish and the right to make money... the field is market driven like any other. ATS became a thriving business BECAUSE of the chase of aliens and UFO's

But why is no one telling debunkers to stop selling books, doing lectures, etc? James Oberg, Phil Plait (who gave up astronomy career to become a paid professional debunker) make a very tidy living off debunking the UFO scene

Funny how it doesn't work when the shoe is on the other foot

As to Friedman... I think I know why he has to keep dragging Bob up... seems despite the fact that Bob has been out of it for a long time, his 'fame' just won't die

Originally posted by Springer
Our colleague and buddy, George Knapp of KLAS Channel 8 in Las Vegas fame, has a new report up about the new Area 51 Museum exhibit that is being opened up in Nevada.

As most here know it was George who brought Area-51 into the light way back in the late 1980's with his infamous interview with the controversial Bob Lazar. Prior to George's interview the U.S. Government absolutely denied the installations existence to the point of making sure it never showed up on any maps.

Area 51 Museum Exhibit Opening Up
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
All the gibberish on this thread is hilarious, I merely shared the video and it wasn't meant to be a platform in which to attack anyones credibility.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, despite all the moulah that could be made proving/disproving UFOs, there is such a thing as pride in ones work, as in doing the most genuine and honest work/research possible here.

Personally, I think Roswell stinks, not saying it's alien but something weird went down there and were for it not Friedman, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about the incident.

I tend to believe Friedman believes in what he does, if he doesn't, then he's made a lot of money fraudulently.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've sometimes wondered if maybe good ol' Stan hasn't been a longtime member of what they used to call Majestic 12. He's perfect for it. He's got the background. He goes around, building and maintaining a credible front as a proponent of extra-terrestrial UFOs, all the while subtly misguiding people away from sensitive government projects and focusing them (with no decent proof) on a relatively benign and essentially unprovable concept. The government and the military would gladly pay somebody to do that job, and if Stan isn't getting paid for it, he should.

On the other hand, I sometimes also wonder if Friedman doesn't know exactly what UFOs are (some kind of freaky incomprehensible time/dimensional anomaly) having been told the absolute truth by some of the highest ranking officers and officials. But he doesn't say publicly, because like everybody else, it's all word of mouth, and he doesn't want to mess up his secret contacts. That way they can keep him on a tight leash. Spill the beans about one little thing, and you can forget about learning the secrets of the universe.

So I don't know about this guy.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I guess the only thing that most folks need around here to believe someone is reasonable is time? I mean, I can point out other idiots that have been involved in this subject for 25+ years....I guess we should bow down to them, no matter how bad they have hurt this subject?

No time is the enemy... why?

Because most of them have a really good story at the beginning based on true experience. Then as time goes on, and fame builds, the AUDIENCE demands more. The first ORIGINAL story is 'old news' The AUDIENCE wants to know what their favorite whistle blower thinks of the Turkey UFO, The Jerusalem UFO, the California Drones

So in order to keep their AUDIENCE entertained and loyal, ALL the whistle blower start to add stuff, embellish stuff and some even make stuff up. Then as time goes on they start to attack each other, rather than pool their material to make it stronger, support each others stories, they shoot down the competition. Friedman also calls Corso a fraud on his website.

Greer started out with great intentions, so did Project Camelot... yet today we see where that has ended up.

Then along comes main stream TV like the History Channel and even National Geographic to muddy the water even more. National Geo recently did a documentary using Nassim Haramein as an expert "Dr" covering artifacts that are most likely fake (as their source is not confirmed and a dubious site was selling them for $75 million each)

So it is the AUDIENCE that is to blame...

Even ATS... ATS was founded on the Alien UFO topic... it is what made them big but I have been watching the ratings... been a serious decline over the past few months...
www.siteworthchecker.com...

IMO its because
A) the old ufologists are all dying off (literally) and there are no new ones with real experiences to take their place

B) the influx of youtube and photoshop hoaxes has increased to a point that people just scream hoax, or photoshop without even looking at it anymore

C) long time posters just get tired of the same old arguments recycling so they just quit and go find some life

D) certain skeptics have gotten so jaded and just pounce on any new member who dares to ask a question that may have been asked many time before

I have looked at so many threads that sound interesting lately and the first page is "It's been done before... use search" and the thread is closed Many of those threads I never saw the first time through. But dang it, the time wasted following the links to get to the ORIGINAL thread is a lot... and the new poster never (well rarely) adds the new info or question to the original thread

Perhaps we need a real Alien invasion to put things back on track

Sad. Only made more sad is I agree with Zorgon. There is something seriously amiss if you EVER find me agreeing with Zorgon.

No worries, I won't tell anyone
Your reputation as uber skeptic is safe... but perhaps, just once in a while, you could simply chose NOT to reply to a thread to rehash your same old debunk posts

When you have read the same "You believers are all idiots" or "Its only blurry rocks" post a hundred times, it gets old.

But I gave ya a star for this one

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Originally posted by BO XIAN

You seem to hold yourself out as a bit of a super rationalist believing only in the tangible you can measure with a micrometer in your hand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or . . .

Originally posted by BO XIANas though you are someone who has 100% comprehensive and very lofty insider knowledge of all there is to know on the topic.

oh, seriously,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So it is the AUDIENCE that is to blame...

Nah, it's not the audience. Nobody is forcing Stan do to anything (that I know of). He's the one who chooses to try and make a living from UFOs by waving his sweaty, blacked out pages around at conventions. A good researcher does his research, and if there's no more information to be had, then that's the end of it. What you're doing is like blaming the river for a gold prospector's obsession. Oh, if that damned river just wasn't holding on to that one last great nugget...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift Oh, if that damned river just wasn't holding on to that one last great nugget...

But the river IS at fault... I KNOW that big nugget is in there... somewhere... I mean if that water wasn't washing the gold out of the rock, I would have to do real work to dig it up

And there are times when its just not wise to share the source of your gold, because others will want to bring you down for it, even kill for it

Same applies to the UFO world

<<   2  3  4 >>

join