It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MODS: Any chance of you guys creating a MATHS related forum for us "math heads" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hi Mods,

Recently, I've noticed threads being posted that are of a mathematical nature by various members, notably PhysicsAdept and tgidkp. In the past, I also have created a number of maths related threads. It just seems to me that ATS obviously has within its ranks, members that have a keen interest in mathematics and a forum catering to such interest may be worth creating.

I realize that a maths forum is no way as "sexy" as the general alien/end of world/financial meltdown/etc forums, but should prove of value and interest to those of us who admit to being "math heads"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I agree and I am not a math head.

Really been enjoying these threads - be great to find them easily and dip into them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise

I agree and I am not a math head.

Really been enjoying these threads - be great to find them easily and dip into them.

Thanks for the

I personally believe that even those members who think themselves and maths to be mutually exclusive will find that just by skimming through some of the math posts, that they can't help but learn something new.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why do you want to divide up the maths related interesting threads from other more broad interesting threads? It doesn't add up.

People like me might not go to a maths related forum and might miss something thats interesting anyway, so you end up subtracting the number of people who might find it interesting. You should be aiming to multiply the crowd by having it out in the open in a general forum. I know i read all kind of interesting things i would have missed if they were hidden away in 'properly named' forum sections

Obviously take what i say with a fraction of salt, perhaps i dont know what its like to be really into maths

edit on 20-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They actually should. It would be a great idea. I just don't want to see six hundred 12 year olds putting their homework on it though....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
as long as I can post my statistic homework on here we can have a math forum, be sure to help

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Relative to the comments on this page . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

we could likely use in a few weeks, some help with basic statistics . . .

T-tests, Correlation r,

slightly possibly some trend analysis.

Please let us know if any are interested in helping--either on the thread of by U2U.

Thx in advance.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

A dedicated forum for math might be kinda cool, but I'm not really sure how practical it could be. I know there are quite a few people here that enjoy reading about it, but both sides of the math spectrum are pretty much covered here (as far as I can tell). At one end, there's a philosophy forum, and on the other, there's a science and technology forum.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Quick question.

Why do you guys call it "maths"?

with an s on the end?

this is a serious question.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

The way the word was abbreviated each side of the pond.

You used to say "mathematics" the UK chose to shorten to maths keeping the plural (baring in mind the multiple types of mathematics) and the other side of the ocean, the Americans decided to not add a plural and shorted it further to math.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Ahhhhhh I see. thank you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I would enjoy having this forum as well. And it's very relevant - sacred geometry is always a topic that comes up when discussing ancient mysteries, as well as crop circles.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Most conspiracy are math related. Illumanti's 3/22 and 9/11 and the dollars bills. Those deal with math. So, I'm all for it, plus you guys can help me with Calculus.

new topics

top topics

join