It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mining magnate Clive Palmer says CIA is behind campaign to kill coal industry: Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by kwakakev

do you know that manfacturing and IT are being outsourced and mining is the lifeblood of the australian economy?

Without mining your nation will collapse.

Yes, you just have to look at the pay packets involved to see where the demand is coming from. There has been a strong history of mining since colonisation with many towns and communities growing and shrinking along the way. Huge infrastructure all over with Western Australia a big part of its economy these days. It will probably be another couple of hundred years until operations need to start going deeper.

Are you aware that a boat load of ore is more valuable than a pile of paper? Paper planes can help disrupt some organisation, but metal tanks kick ass. At the moment we are happy to export the pollution that comes with refining away. If international demands back off to a level that it is more affordable here in Australia then manufacturing will pick up again.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wonder if it has something to do with the fair trade agreement we signed with America a few years ago?
The CIA may just be policing the fine print and be looking out for U.S interests. Though why it would fall to the CIA to do the job is anyones guess.
If that's the case, it makes sense they would be interested because of the billions of dollars in mining that's involved. So maybe Palmer is only half right that the CIA is involved but for reasons other than he thinks?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

Yes, you just have to look at the pay packets involved to see where the demand is coming from...

This is why I laugh at the so-called "big bucks" that some in the resource sector get; I show them my payslip from being a web developer for the Department of Environment (WA) and they dont feel as rich. But I had to get an education to do what I do, they just need to be able to pass a drug test (I couldnt).

guess the demand for skilled IT staff outstripps the demand for unskilled FIFO sh*tkikkers

new topics

<< 1   >>

join