It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday's Illinois election results already posted???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So I was going through twitter and someone posted a link to a local abc Chicago station that already had tonights election results posted. I hit the link and that page was no longer there but other people took a screenshot of it and posted it. Here it is. Updated at 9:10pm CT. i.imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

ahahahahaha i would love to see them cover this up. How do you get results for a election before the vote

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

How about it! I'm very anxious now to see what the results are tomorrow compared to what was posted.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Most likely testing data feeds.

Did you see those numbers....that would be unbelievably record turnout...double of 2008.

I will lay money down that the results are nothing like those shown here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is happened before in one of the other states that already voted. I don't think those results that were posted early matched at all to the actual outcome but its still troubling to see it happening again. I will be looking at the results to see how accurate this one was. You have to be pretty naive to not see all the odd occurrences that keep popping up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, the Rmoney & Sweatervest percentages could be close to those posted, but the 28% for Gingrich is a complete fairytale. I personally guarantee Paul takes more than 3% in spite of all the bumbling and fraud from the GOP. Paul has been consistently pulling way more than 3%. I really wouldn't expect anything better from FIB's though, you'd be hard pressed to find a more corrupt state government, and don't forget this is the state who elected Rod Blogojevich AND Obama...

edit on 20-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't know about them testing data feeds, but you are absolutely 100% correct about the numbers.
Illinois has a population of just shy of 13M. Just over 7M are registered voters. Voter turnout is expected to be very low, possibly a record low percentage. Considerably less than half are Republicans. The screen-cap shows a total of nearly 3.1M votes cast in that Republican Presidential primary. There is no way that will happen. I would be surprised if the total exceeds 1.5M in the primaries. Even the individual candidates vote percentages for House seats are goofy. All of them are relatively close, some even very close, when in reality many of them won't be.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What a brilliant deduction...considering they'll likely discover they f'd up and will change the data so they can cover their a$$.

Your wisdom is quite profound.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Playing into the conspiracy rumor -

Fox News just had a blurb about the Illinois primary. Apparently its being reported that there are issues with the ballot system showing up across the state.

They are stating the ballots used are to big to fit into the slot. They are saying that those ballots will be hand counted.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here is the google cache link for those that don't believe the screenshot:
Google Cache

If this was a test why would they use the live server? If the only choice was to test live then why not change the name of the site??

JT

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Did you see those numbers....that would be unbelievably record turnout...double of 2008.

Well as you know Outcast, this happened last month also on google, and that is what was said, that it was a test page, accidentally publishied. But come on, to happen again! I don't buy it for a second. What is happening is some good guy(s) on the inside are showing us the manipulation. How many years have we all been online and not seen this happen until this year?

Occam's razor at it's best.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Playing into the conspiracy rumor -

Fox News just had a blurb about the Illinois primary. Apparently its being reported that there are issues with the ballot system showing up across the state.

They are stating the ballots used are to big to fit into the slot. They are saying that those ballots will be hand counted.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

This is in fact true. When I voted this morning, I was told the ballot box's were malfunctioning and had to manually put my ballot through the little side door. The guy said they will hand count the ballots tonight...

It's not like my vote counted anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You may have seen the results from the early voting. I did see those reported in a few places, and the numbers I remember are similar to that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

THe screen shot says 9:10 pm CT. Not to mention the the page was scrapped. Ok, must say it is strange that the cached page on google, posted above, shows a different outcome and is from 5:15 pm.

Updated: 5:12 PM CT
President
Gingrich876,93742% X 100% Romney819,99339% Santorum90,0744% Roemer89,8684% Perry88,0054% Paul85,1064% Uncommitted5,1730%

webcache.googleusercontent.com...
i.imgur.com...:4IAKOaPH6HYJ:abclocal.go.com/wls/elections/local/results+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I can not cut and paste from the OP's picture, but the numbers are strange. If you compare the 2 result pages the numbers are changed by exact amounts like EXACTLY 100,000 or 10,000.

Hmmm. So, what is going on here. Odd just odd. Check it out

edit on 20-3-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

well if the % is the same...we all should send in a date-stamped, time-stamped copy to newspapers. it would blow the lid off...we'll see tomorrow

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Some of the early voting has been shown on the news here at least once, but in that screen-cap those vote totals are nigh impossible for our voting population. It's just that simple.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Well that IS interesting... now isn't it!!

JT

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 20-3-2012 by Akuhei because: Answered my own question

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, the results are in now so you all can compare.

Actual Results

The Ol' ScreenCap

Despite the 82 degree and sunshine weather the voter turnout was pretty damn pathetic. No, not pretty damned, actual damned. Damn pathetic. I took a guess at just shy of 1.5 million but those R-Pres vote totals aren't even 900K.

If you know Chicago and its Reps and saw that original screen-cap with Bobby Rush at only 43% of the vote, you'd immediately know it was just some kind of test. He ended up with 83% and no competition.
edit on 3/21/2012 by LuckyLucian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join