It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not float balloons into chemtrails to sample their contents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unsteadystate

I have used balloons, and high power rockets with pidot tubes and have found nothing but the normal atmospheric components. I have done this over a dozen times and in my opinion chemtrails are a total myth.

Please explain in detail your techniques used for sampling contrails.

What will the "pidot tube" determine and how was the sample retrieved?

Sounds like a false statement to me, but I will reserve judgement so can provide more information to support your statement.

Did you mean Pitot tube?

A pitot ( /ˈpiːtoʊ/) tube is a pressure measurement instrument used to measure fluid flow velocity.

Aircraft use pitot tubes to measure airspeed. The example in this photo combines a pitot tube with a static port and an angle-of-attack vane. Air flow relative to this device is right to left. The pitot is the pencil point shape and the vane is black.

edit on 20-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You know, if you tried, instead of wondered, you'd see that jet exhaust has been sampled via many means for over 20 years,

Independent (i.e., non-government) studies have been and continue to be made of the stratospheric composition of jet exhaust and plumes.

The ACCRI, SUCCESS, First ISCCP Research Experiment (FIRE),and "Fire" Phase II (Fire II) are only the most commonly discussed, analyzed and extrapolated upon.
Satellite onservations are being made all the time (See, e.g.:www.nature.com...). There anre many others; all you have to do is look.

Oh, and since you obvioulsy will not look for yourself, the results of ALL of these studies confirm that ordinary water vapor and a few other hydrocarbon combustion products are the constituents of these exhaust plumes, A/K/A "contrails."

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 20-3-2012 by jdub297 because: sp, link

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I have used balloons, and high power rockets with pidot tubes and have found nothing but the normal atmospheric components. I have done this over a dozen times and in my opinion chemtrails are a total myth.
edit on 3/20/2012 by unsteadystate because: edited for sentance structure

This is what I would recommend. Balloons and model rockets can easily be sent up over 30 thousand feet, which is where the chemtrails supposedly are. Why don't some of you do so, and see what you can find?

I would do it, but I am in Mexico and I have never seen anything looking even remotely like the pictures I find online of this stuff. I live right near the second busiest airport in the country, too.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would do it, but I am in Mexico and I have never seen anything looking even remotely like the pictures I find online of this stuff. I live right near the second busiest airport in the country, too.

You have to live under a flight path, not an airport. Traffic to and from a nearby airport is usually too low to make contrails.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

This seems to be becoming a common practice in disposing of unwanted hazardous waste material. Instead of incinerating it in a factory furnace that needs to meet special guidelines. They just reformulate it and dispose of the material above our heads making it disperse and less traceable.

This is so true and has been the m.o. of so many industries with their waste products i.e. fluoride in the water. Illegally and therefore cheaply dumping toxic waste is becoming increasingly more complicated. There are few places left where it can be done unobserved. Someone with a phone is always watching. 30,000 feet is a whole new toxic waste dump frontier. And if industry can make a deal to make it legal, it's once again win-win.

Sulphur - waste by-product of mining, oil-refining and energy production

Sulphur mines in the world have been shut down. A sulphur glut exists and is growing. What to do with all that waste sulphur?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

That study report is an excellent addition to the investigation

Another piece of the puzzle and the picture becomes more clear with each link in the chain being made.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

You want paranoid conspiracy theorists to do actual scientific research? That's crazy talk!

It's so much easier to speculate from the ground while adjusting their trusty tinfoil hats

In all seriousness I would love to see research like this done, the problem is people with confirmation bias would skew the results. There are bound to be unhealthy fumes a-midst contrails particularly in planes that are actually spraying chemicals, find even trace amounts of anything slightly dangerous and the conspiracy theorists running the operation will cry out that they've been validated or don't turn up anything dangerous and they'll cry cover-up.

Call me cynical but I just don't see it working.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
You know, if you tried, instead of wondered, you'd see that jet exhaust has been sampled via many means for over 20 years,

Independent (i.e., non-government) studies have been and continue to be made of the stratospheric composition of jet exhaust and plumes.

The ACCRI, SUCCESS, First ISCCP Research Experiment (FIRE),and "Fire" Phase II (Fire II) are only the most commonly discussed, analyzed and extrapolated upon.
Satellite onservations are being made all the time (See, e.g.:www.nature.com...). There anre many others; all you have to do is look.

Oh, and since you obvioulsy will not look for yourself, the results of ALL of these studies confirm that ordinary water vapor and a few other hydrocarbon combustion products are the constituents of these exhaust plumes, A/K/A "contrails."

deny ignorance

jw

I like the Deny Ignorance part
Can you prove that contrails do none of this.

That Man Made Clouds cast no shadows.
That Man Made Clouds reflect no sunlight.
That Man Made Clouds retain no heat.
That Man Made Clouds contain zero aerosols.
That Man Made Clouds does not affect precipitation of natures clouds.

Have no affect on living creatures, of a planet called earth?
And how would Global Dimming affect a living planet.
Lets all learn, and explore to Deny Ignorance on Contrails.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

deny ignorance

jw

And then to claim studies confirm that ordinary water vapor and a few other hydrocarbon combustion products.
Deny Ignorance
Ordinary water does not have pollution in it!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

There's nothing particularly wrong with the lab tests - just with the misrepresentation that they are somehow "chemtrails"

Oh really...so what goes up, doesn't come down anymore? When did this happen?

Dust in the air comes from all sorts of places - mostly the ground - dirt - and the ocean -salt spray and the like.

so if you want to show that something has actually been sprayed by aircraft then you really should try showing that it has been sprayed by aircraft rather than just saying that is the case and ignoring the myriad other possible and known sources for it.

I'll get back to this - you know that Aluminium, Barium and Strontium are all contained in Dr Willards Water, right - which is promoted as a cure for chemtrail illnesses??

I don't know who Dr. Willards is but I do know about the 'hair of the dog' thing and the whole ' a lot will kill you and a little bit of the same will cure you' thing. Not a believer or disbeliever except that, in my youth, a binge the night before seemed to be helped by a bloody mary the morning after. Is that what you mean?

Nope - I mean chemtrail sites advocating using stuff that contains aluminum oxide, barium strontium and even uranium and saying it is actually good for you and cleanses you.

eg beating toxic overload - and chemical analysis of a zeolite - almost 13% aluminium oxide!

Wairoa zeolite is advertised or supported on several chemtrail sites such as Las Angeles Skywatch (the guy advertised, Dennis Scheller, is a 60k emerald member of Wairoa MLM), and Michael J Murphy's Coalition against Geoengineering

An analysis of zeoliteshowed that it contained all sorts of stuff - lead, arsenic, barium, thorium

Yeah that dihydrogen monoxide is certainly dangerous stuff - brilliant!!

Do you mean this:

Dihydrogen Monoxide - The Truth

No - I mean the link you provided to New Mexico air and water quality Don't you know what is on it????

edit on 20-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

The contrailer/control group reminds me of my rancher neighbor.
I voiced my concern about his Heifers in my space,
so he responded by sending his Steers over to baffle me in Bull#.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

so if you want to show that something has actually been sprayed by aircraft then you really should try showing that it has been sprayed by aircraft rather than just saying that is the case and ignoring the myriad other possible and known sources for it

I'm thinking no on this because when they test to see if lakes and streams are toxxed (is that a word??!!) out with silver from cloud seeding, they test the lakes and streams. So I'm thinking you're creating criteria for one side that the other side doesn't have to do.

Nope - I mean chemtrail sites advocating using stuff that contains aluminum oxide, barium strontium and even uranium and saying it is actually good for you and cleanses you.

I'm not familiar with zeolite but apparently it's a mineral. You don't seem to be familiar with it either because apparently it's used in aircraft.

zeolite

Zeolites are microporous, aluminosilicate minerals commonly used as commercial adsorbents.

Zeolites are widely used in industry for water purification, as catalysts, for the preparation of advanced materials and in nuclear reprocessing.

On-Board Oxygen Generating Systems (OBOGS) use zeolites to remove nitrogen from compressed air in order to supply oxygen for aircrews at high altitudes.

No - I mean the link you provided to New Mexico air and water quality Don't you know what is on it????

Is this what you mean?

dihydrogen monoxide - definition

Dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) and hydrogen hydroxide (HOH) are technically aIccurate but rarely-used names for water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join