It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crafty Tories - Releasing Taxation Distribution to the Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Every taxpayer is to get a personal annual statement revealing how each pound taken from them by the Revenue is spent. George Osborne will announce the radical move in tomorrow’s Budget, saying every worker has the right to know how their taxes are spent once the money enters the public purse. In some cases, the results are likely to prove startling. A higher-rate taxpayer earning £50,000 this year would be told they paid £14,183 in tax and National Insurance – of which around a third, £4,727.67, is spent on welfare.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So the Tory party are now going to issue statements which will highlight that 1/3 of our taxes paid go to welfare payments. Forgive me for being a bit of a cynic but is this not just them laying the groundwork to justify an all out attack on the poor?

I would wonder how this compares to other developed western nations before we go getting ourselves into any rash action against those that essensially have nothing.
edit on 20-3-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Taxpayers should see where every tax dollar goes. This shouldn't be used for political positioning or posturing, but the idea around it seems prudent for everyone paying into the Government purse.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But statistics are easily manipulated for political reasons and the fact this can happen will mean it will happen. I agree that in some way we should know where our money is spent but an over generalisation like this would not really present any facts. What we really need to know is how many people each governmental department holds that earns more than £100k and how much each government department has wasted on failed projects. Most importantly what percentage of our cash goes out in government contracts to non British firms and how much taxation is lost via legalised avoidance schemes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

But statistics are easily manipulated for political reasons and the fact this can happen will mean it will happen.

Forget statistics, Governments should be forced to (as Whitney Houston said) 'Show us the damn receipts.'

So-to-speak.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting to note the example P60 gave no listing for how much the taxpayer paid to cover minister's expenses cards. Nor how much is paid to subsidise Parliamentary bars or other entertainments, nor how much is paid to finance second homes.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wonder how much of our tax goes to paying there extortionate wages and expenses. Each and every one of them should be on the minimum wage no questions asked. And also, This IS the class war!! and the Torries are winning!
Cameron is finishing the job thatcher started - Sell off the police force, roads, privatise NHS - Make a boatload of money down the line from doing so!

The only thing that will save this country is the Unions - They were the only thing that stood in the way of big business and when they fell, everything went to pot. I cant stand this country, i cant stand this government, i cant stand the "opposition party" I cant stand the policies, I cant bare to think about the future - If i actually have one.

I hope someone blows up parliament. While its in session. The Privately educated and #ing up the country that was built by the poor they wage war against.

edit on 23-3-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I feel the same. As do many. I don't agree the the unions are the only answer though. At least not the existing unions. perhaps we should form lobbying groups on behalf of the poor and elderly. I say WE because anybody could and should be doing this, because THAT is democracy. Not turning up and making what is becoming a consumer choice at the ballot box... Chin up fella.

top topics

join