It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Prediction You Can't Debunk!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I fail to see the logic of this post. The idea is that "nothing" will happen? To whom?

There is this odd kind of strawman that permeates folks who hate the idea of consciousness change, or a least don't fully understand to any degree where an intelligent conversation can be had. What seems to have happened is the "revelations" type people have taken over the discourse and emphatically stated that "something" will happen by xxx, the xxx being 12-21-2012.

The problem with this is that is is TOTALLY focused on catastrophe and nothing else. The changes happening are NOT about catastrophe is the first point. The second point is, change is happening, to suggest otherwise is to be brain dead. Change has and always will happen - (people will actually argue that point if 2012 is added to the discourse!), but the degree with which change is happening is far greater and far more accelerated then every before. It took 1900 years of recorded history to get a car, what tech changes have happened in the last two years? Too many to document. The Fed has operated in secret for nearly 100 years, in the last few years a great number of people can actually see the fraud and talk about it intelligently, people are seeing clearly the fraud that is the electoral system, people are no longer excited about killing entire countries and so on. So change is happening that you can see and agree on.

As for catastrophe, if you lived in Haiti, Fukushima (an event which IS killing us all) Chile, Libya, Iraq, Iceland - I could go on and on, then "catastrophe" is and has happening to you! The idea that for the 2012 event to have meaning it must be EVERY SINGLE PERSON EVERYWHERE that feels a catastrophe is a strawman - though one could argue the hot particles now infused in your food, water, air and body might be global. Some people say global event is 2012, but that is not what any of this is about. So to "debunk" that strawman is no great feat.

If you haven't experienced a change in your consciousness, your awareness of the reality you live in, the world you interact with, the colors you see, the sounds you hear, the information you now understand at a deeper level then so be it. Have you broken with your family, divorced, quit a job, especially in the last six months, without really knowing why? This is all about internal motivation and experience which is not easily defined.

But for many, those whose life is about evolving and expanding their awareness, the reality we are in now is vastly greater then any previously experienced. These expansions many are experiencing are NOT going to be covered in the NY Times, so there will be no "hey did everyone get a bump in your consciousness today, here is why" stories.

I will say this, at the risk of going out on a limb, it is the ignorance that is so proudly demonstrated in posts like this (expressed in the post by the consciousness) that is a major energy that is holding the entire planet from upgrading at a faster rate - the "see nothing will happen" people are in fact slowing things down considerably because it was determined that to speed things up to a proper level would cause them too much pain - so we all wait for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

: ) !!!!!! LOL True ! Very True !

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have been counting the 188 day cycle for 2 years and in my opinion stands true. Facebook friends thinks im psychic. : / . I quit school young and made a couple million selling pizza. The one thing I can say is I can tell these schlubs that there will be 7+ quake tomorrow or the day after and the girls wanna get busy because im now like the dope smokin nastradamus !!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I have seen much strangeness. And yes, that little part of me, like everyone else (whether they admit it or not), does wonder if all this is somehow true, that the world is coming to an end.

Yet, logic tells me that this is just another date on a calender made up by man. With a time frame made up by man. On a clock made up by man. Get the idea?

Disasters have always happened. It's just now we get our info like that.

If I told you a freak storm went through my town in Aust yesterday and it was declared a disaster area, you wouldn't know about it. Now you do, because me, on the other side of the world has told you. The recent storms in the US were described to me by people here who were on the ground there. 20 years ago, you would never have known about it, or known much later. That is the crux of this "disasters happening everywhere" thing that brings about 2012. We have global minds now.

Life will go on regardless. Catastrophes will happen. If you're around in about 4.5 billion years, then yes, you may see us reduced to a fiery ball of snot, but until then, I say keep your apocalypse.

Life's too good right now for that to happen...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckeesport
I have been counting the 188 day cycle for 2 years and in my opinion stands true. Facebook friends thinks im psychic. : / . I quit school young and made a couple million selling pizza. The one thing I can say is I can tell these schlubs that there will be 7+ quake tomorrow or the day after and the girls wanna get busy because im now like the dope smokin nastradamus !!!!

wow... I really hope this is a joke post

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

haha fair enough

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Check this out.

Future Trends Past performance cannot necessarily be taken as a clear indication of future trends (unfortunately many scientists tend to assume too often that it is, by simply projecting forward on an existing trend, without considering other factors) so we must be careful how past events are interpreted. However, it is clear we are currently living in a time when earthquake frequency has increased, it will be interesting to see if the immediate future maintains this trend.

SOURCE

And this.

(frequency of earthquakes over time)

But keep in mind that the technology to detect and study earthquakes is always improving. Another thing to consider is the amount of sprawl on the planet right now. There are more people than ever to help detect events. This does not mean that we are trending to a doom scenario however.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Too many quotes of people saying that nothing major is going to happen this year. You are all fools. The reasons the Mayans build the calendar has to do with the astrological phenomenon that only happens once every 26,000 years or so. In the grand scheme of things that is totally HUGE and AWESOME. Not saying anything magical or anything is going to happen, just had to point out you naysayers are all wrong. May be nothing else that happens this year that cant be easially explained away, but this in and of itself is freaking cool.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drgrantdiz

: ) : ) : ) : ) I would light a paper bag full of s*** on fire on the W-House porch before I would get into a argument on this website. All Cheifs and no F^^^^^g Injuns........

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by subject1145

Let's say we go with the common claim on this site that the Long Count repeats after 13 baktuns. 13 baktuns is roughly equivalent to 5,000 years. How does that relate to something that occurs every 26,000 years?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I guess I'll keep repeating myself for people who do not read posts properly...

You are taking the word nothing literally. I said nothing out of the ordinary would happen. Meaning yes, earthquakes, solar flares, government corruption, protest, wars, etc will all happen this year. Just like they happened the year before and the year before that, all the way down the line.

2012 is not special. You all want to believe that and that is human nature, all good, I get it. BUT we are not the chosen people experiencing the majesty of a once in a lifetime moment. Life is always special but this kind of thinking is just Ego.

Robert Anton Wilson wrote a book called "Prometheus Rising" in it he spoke of the mind. He said there is a thinker and a prover. "Whatever the thinker can think, the prover can prove"

This is the basis for "conspiracy theory". If you think 188 is the magical number it will be. If you think politicians are reptiles, they will be.

Such is life. No more, no less....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

You know great prediction, I couldnt agree more with you.

I don't see how people can prove you wrong

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
You know great prediction, I couldnt agree more with you.

I don't see how people can prove you wrong

If you can't imagine any way to prove him wrong, you should learn about critical thinking or just thinking in general.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Im sorry I don't buy into all the 2012 hype, I don't think anything is going to happen and im going to live each day like the last and live my life to the fullest

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sorry to bring up Y2K again, but my laptops date was set back to 1981, i thought it was strange at the time as like everyone else thought it was all bull# and to have something happen was abit weird.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm sorry I was being cranky and should have explained it better. There is a rare astrological alignment where the sun rises in the galactic center that happens every 26,000 years or so Link. It really has nothing to do with the Myans. Easy way to see what I am talking about. Get google sky map for your phone. You may have to look for it depending on what time it is, your current geographic location etc. but if you cant see there is a major alignment of the planets of our solar system around the date as stated, I really cant help. It really is fascinating.
edit on 21-3-2012 by subject1145 because: added link to milankovitch cycles

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

See my previous post. I'm sorry I was being cranky, and you were not one of the people the statement was referring to.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The Sun appears to align with the center of the galaxy every year. The only thing that changes is the date on which it occurs. This is due to the wobble of the Earth. For the past few decades this alignment has occurred on December 21. The best such alignment occurred back in 1998 which was the midpoint for this alignment occurring on December 21. Every year since then the alignment has been moving closer and closer to occurring on December 22.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Something will happen. That something is the planets aligning. Thats about it. The Mayans didn't pick that day for no reason, they knew what it was. Not the end of the world, just a great date in science and astronomy.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Except the only alignment that sort of occurs on that day is the appearance of the Sun aligning with the center of the galaxy. Something that occurs every year. While Venus and Mercury do align with the Sun that's the only other alignment occurring on that day and once again it's not that rare. I don't know where this claim that all the planets would align on this day came from, but it is patently false.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join