It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Prediction You Can't Debunk!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Fairly simple. Good logic btw, but if I may elaborate a little, it will put things in more perspective.

2012 is just a simple way for people to;

1) See some way to escape the everyday they themselves have mired themselves in, and because of that they seek to cite the wrongs in the world as some way that they will be freed of it by some cataclysmic event, and;

2) To blame others for the above. Government, Aliens, you name it;

It's not my fault I'm in this state, it's the < insert corporation/government here >

The solution is simple. People control their own destiny. That's right, you are in charge of you. So many people can't see this simple truth. The truth is people dig their own ruts, and their own laziness keeps them there. Usually it takes some massive shift for people to remove themselves from said rut.

Having said, that, I have to disagree with one point, we do live in amazing times, the same as others have in any other point in history, but the fact is that we are here and now. There are things in this point in history that have never been seen before, we are a global community thanks to the advent of technology such as TV and internet. It has it's bad points (MSM being one), but the internet is creating something new and special, a voice by the people, for the people. Problem is, people don't see it, we are far too busy watching the horizon for Niburu, the next tsunami or even the aliens. When we wake up from that, we'll be living in even more amazing times.
edit on 20-3-2012 by 74Templar because: typos

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Never be certain of anything in life...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
You know what I used to do when I worked on people's PC's for the Y2k scare. I would role their clocks on their PC's forward and show them. Nothing happened.

They just sat their pissed and not at me...

Funny isn't it...

Haha, I did that in 1999 just to see what would happen...

Have to admit I was kinda disappointed when the computer didn't fritz out on me...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Ok, ok, you say, you get it. Natural disasters are just random, they hit, they kill and injure people and there's not much we have ever been able to do about that. It's the Solar Flares that will get us! Or....will they?

First I would like to point out that I dont in anyway associate the 2012 date with what I'm going to talk about here.

As you pointed out OP..solar flares happened before..the latest one being so high is the carrington event in 1859 and as you correctly said we are still here..BUT..and there is a BIG BUT...a replica of the same event will certainly have more devastating effect since we have now to consider the following facts :

1) Society now will break apart instantly if you remove the technology we got used to rely on everyday. in the carrington event the technology was devastated but it only consisted of telegraph comparing it to today I believe you can figure out the consequences. A replica of this event will leave us without electricity for months or even years which will result in total apocalyptic chaos.

2) A breach in the magnetosphere..3 times the size of earth...was discovered by NASA..so basically our shields which were totally functioning way back in 1859 are now less reliable and thus we might be bombarded even more than the carrington event.

I suggest you research further this phenomena as I can see you are quiet off track

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KAIARAHI
All I can say is wake up !!!

It's happening, everywhere, open your eyes, research the goings on in the world !

Most cant believe their eyes ! the question is, are you one ?

No, it is actually YOU that needs to wake up.
Everything that´s happening in the world, well, has been happening for thousands of years
in one form or another. People complain about the state of things. Earth shakes and trembles.
Governments argue with each other and go to war. people are extremely cruel to each other.
Animals and nature are being exploited. People rise up and overthrow their rulers in dissatisfaction.
The rulers violently suppress the uprisings. And much, much more...
It is because today we get information about these events faster
and on a larger scale than ever before,
it only SEEMS that something big and different is happening...

But no, nothing new under the sun...
Same ****, different package.
edit on 20-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Dude, rock on. THe most epic post ever. Peace out

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Great post. Unfortunately it won't help. For many 2012 has become their religion. They have their beliefs and they refuse to look at or acknowledge anything that challenges those beliefs. So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

So different cultures talk about an end. So what? Everything has a beginning and an end so it's natural for man to speculate on both. Yet show me one culture that marks the End occurring in 2012. Show me one modern "prophecy" that predicts the End in 2012 that occurred before 1984. These things don't exist. When the GMT correlation was published and marked the end of the 13th baktun on December 21, 2012 is when all these other "prophecies" started emerging. 2012 is has become big business and people are trying to cash in on it in anyway possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Natural disasters, horrible on-goings, and wars in the streets have been going on for millions of years. WHY does it seem that now is the epitome of all of that? You're staring at it. The worldwide web. Technology has brought us all of this information that not even 100 years ago would have taken weeks maybe months or years to reach the rest of the world. And not only do we have ALL of that information now, but we also have all sorts of people who either want to help create, help destroy, or just want to help you hunker down for the big one. Its an overload of bull#. All the while we fulfill our own feared prophecies, by destroying ourselves. Thus is the inhabitants of Earth...and the vicious cycle continues...as it has for eons.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Sure, here we go -

were still here talking about "the end" with no end in sight....

debunked! who's next?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

2012 is just a simple way for people to;

1) See some way to escape the everyday they themselves have mired themselves in, and because of that they seek to cite the wrongs in the world as some way that they will be freed of it by some cataclysmic event, and;

2) To blame others for the above. Government, Aliens, you name it;
]

Funny, because my future is looking exceptionally bright...
yet I still know the world's ending, or at least ending as we know it.
I didn't understand what the Y2K # was about. I didn't think anything was going to happen.
I have eyes...if you haven't seen anything strange yet, well maybe you should open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hard to take someone seriously when the first source they give is from wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I agree with you, not off track at all. If we were to have a event like that we be hooped!! My point was these things have been happening and will continue to happen for as long as this planet keeps spinning. It doesn't have anything to do with 2012, it's just life so let's chill and stop making all these end of the world predictions.

Like I said, if you look for death around every corner, you will most definitely find it but what a bummer of a life to lead

Also to the other peeps who said we do live in special times. I agree with you as well, life is always special but I think you know what I meant. I just didn't want to get all new agey and metaphysical cause that seems to scare people off! haha...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

hahahaha come on dude, it's a list of natural disasters. I think Wiki can handle that. Im not writing a Masters thesis here....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You can't really compare Y2k because this was proven false in 10 minutes by pc users, like someone said earlier, just advance the clock and nothing happens.

2012...I guess someone had to do a thread on how NOTHING will happen.
For any prediction with more than 3 threads on ATS, we get a dude that decides to start a thread to say nothing will happen. Well, this is it folks.

That's the thing with predictions, it might or, not happen and seriously, I think that both sides are always wrong. IMO, 100% faith on anything is blindness.

2012 is a full 12 months, 366 days...I mean a lot could happen, I would be a fool to say nothing major will happen, I mean we all see what's going on. Wars, natural disasters, economic collapse with mass resignations, totalitarian laws passing in the US, tensions with Iran, axis change, solar changes...then again, most of these things did happen before and nothing changed the whole face of the earth.

You prediction will be debunked if the time comes, same goes for fear mongering disasters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
Like I said, if you look for death around every corner, you will most definitely find it but what a bummer of a life to lead

Can't argue with that

Cautious but not fearful.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I don't think you are seeing the irony in my post title but that's ok. BUT for the last time, I'm not saying literally nothing will happen, but nothing out of the ordinary, even if a major event takes place it wont happen cause its 2012, but because if you look back in time, major events happen quite frequently. That was the point of the post. Cool? Alright, have a good day everyone....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

I think most of us here lived through the dreaded Y2K scenarios and all we received the next day were hangovers and not end of the world prophecies come true (although some of those hangovers might have felt like it!)

Err no? I do wish people wouldn't mention Y2K in the same breath as 'end of the world prophecies'. Y2K was just a potential computer glitch - as indeed others have already pointed out. OK it could have had terrible consequences if computers all over the world had malfunctioned but our tech guys were on it from the year before - as indeed was the case in most organisations. So I didn't spare it a thought, actually. It wasn't a prophecy (where DO you get your information?) and it certainly wasn't dreaded - by me or anyone I know. Anyone who did think the sky was going to fall in was either sadly misinformed or somewhat mentally challenged

edit on 20-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Here is my prediction for what will happen in 2012....NOTHING. Got that?

Wrong!!!!! Strange sounds everywhere have increased since 2012 started. We've had certain planetary alignments that have started since 2012. Plus we have 9 months to go.

Perhaps repost this on 1-1-13 ?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Wrong!!!!! Strange sounds everywhere have increased since 2012 started. We've had certain planetary alignments that have started since 2012. Plus we have 9 months to go.

Wrong!!! Strange sounds have been heard way before 2012!!! And certain "planetary alignments" have come and gone all throughout the history of the world!!!

See, I can do that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join