It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Prediction You Can't Debunk!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't want to rain on anyone's doom and gloom parade but I thought maybe for a second we could all use rational thought and common sense and stop with the fear mongering and 2012 hype. Cool? Ok..

I think most of us here lived through the dreaded Y2K scenarios and all we received the next day were hangovers and not end of the world prophecies come true (although some of those hangovers might have felt like it!)

Here is my prediction for what will happen in 2012....NOTHING. Got that?

Ok, one more time....NOTHING...

well, nothing much anyway, or shall we say, nothing out of the ordinary. Let's take a look -

In case you are interested here is a list of Natural Disasters from Wikipedia -

en.wikipedia.org...

Lots of floods and earthquakes. Even famines, diseases and wow lookie, blizzards!

All ranging from every time period and place on the globe.

But this is 2012 you say, there is more crazy stuff happening now than at any other time!

Or is there?

daveschumaker.net...

I suggest you all read this article about earthquake averages and if there has been more than normal recently. It is very eye opening and has lots of good data....

Ok, ok, you say, you get it. Natural disasters are just random, they hit, they kill and injure people and there's not much we have ever been able to do about that. It's the Solar Flares that will get us!

Or....will they?

spaceweather.com...

Here is a handy dandy list of all the most powerful solar flares recorded since 1976 (so it doesn't include everyones fave, the Carrington event also known as Best Flare Ever!) There are lots of impressive numbers like X10, X17 and even....X28! Yet, here we are....

As I mentioned, I am not trying to burst any bubbles but your chances of being in a natural disaster or a world ending solar flare storm are just as good now as they ever have been. I'm not saying nothing will ever happen, actually quite the contrary, I'm sure something WILL happen, just as it always has for all time.

The real dangers are not solar flares, earthquakes, pole shifts, aliens or comets. It's US. Wars, corruption, hate, fear, jealousy, you know, regular human stuff that kills people every second of every day.

2012 is not special.

We are not special people living in a special time.

BUT Yes, I agree with some of you. Something amazing is happening right now!

It's called LIFE, go live it....

And chill out, we'll always have 2013

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

but stuff is happening all the time...

how is nothing going to happen? we are all doing something :O

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OP, you are my new hero.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would just like to state that your earthquake data was compiled and posted in January 2011. It doesn't have any information from the past year on it..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, and this seems to fit

To be quite frank, I do think that that many of us are over-analyzing things to the point where we make ourselves sick, because we are expecting something BIG to happen. Soon.
I have been guilty of these thoughts, I'm not saying that everything is going to blow over and be okay, I'm simply stating that; so many of us are hell-bent on the the idea that the world is going to s***. (which I can agree with, I also believe that we live in an amazingly corrupt world.) but we are jumping at every small Occurace and claiming that it will be the end of us all. Almost to the point of paranoia.
People are prepared for the oncoming "apocalypse" and will point at almost anything to justify their claims.
edit on 19-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I for one believe you on the natural disasters, tbh i don't think many, if any could predict earthquakes/tsunami's days or weeks in advanced.

However, politically, well i don't think the arab spring has quite finished yet.
I think Greece is far past being saved.
I think that the Euro is going to continue with its crisis.
And i can see very little signs that the economy is starting to shape up.

So politically i believe that 2012 will be another eventful year, but i don't think we can predict the date like people like to try and do.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Way to go out on a limb.

If you are right you get to brag about it in 2013.

If you are wrong..no one will care to, or possibly be able to, call you a fool.

Peace
edit on 19-3-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Anyone can find data to support their side of an argument. So I guess what you are saying is that your claims are just as baseles as any prediction of impending doom.

I hope that you are right!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You know what I used to do when I worked on people's PC's for the Y2k scare. I would role their clocks on their PC's forward and show them. Nothing happened.

They just sat their pissed and not at me...

Funny isn't it...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Was there an old one? Can't say you've been here long.

Questionable whether we live in extraordinary times but at the same time on a less metaphysical note these times mark a turning point I think it's safe to say, and seeing the start of it is interesting for many.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

We are not special people living in a special time.

We are special people and we are living in a special time. We are the only people that have the ability to make change happen, for better or worse, now. We are the people that are alive now, this very moment in what we call history.

We live in a special time, and without going into dimensional mathematics, the time we live in is now. We can not rely on the past to fix our problems just as we can not wait for the future and hope everything works out. We have to do our best to better ourselves, our planet, our society.

But as far as your other statements go, I agree. December 21 will come and go and the only change will be the changes we make.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
if anything does it will be staged by the government!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
But....Zombies,you promised me zombies.You know ,the virus mutated by the magnetic flux of the Earths laylines going into diagonal directions.Fine,I'm going to art school anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I love zombies!! I want a zombie apocalypse too. I have my bunker, my guns, my food, my water, my playboy. What else does anyone need.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

They just said no,we'll have to wait for the stupid money thing, I guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All I can say is wake up !!!

It's happening, everywhere, open your eyes, research the goings on in the world !

Most cant believe their eyes ! the question is, are you one ?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
K now do this..

Debunk religion and its scriptures about an "end"

Debunk peoples cultures about an "end"

Debunk modern day peoples awareness of an "end"

Debunk our dreams..visions..

Then you can talk..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I know whats going to happen too.

But Im not telling anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Interesting, interesting, nothing will happen.. hmm. interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Ilike yr thoughts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join