It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Test Of Massive “UFO” Sparks Panic In Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.eutimes.net...
www.timescolonist.com...

Could experimental craft be the reason for the rumbling around the country? That's what this article says, that the craft is the cause of rumbling felt in Vancouver, and in other locations. Just a theory though, and I doubt that the U.S. would admit this anytime soon.

The rumbling was an affect of the Magnetoplasmadynamic (MPD) / lithium Lorentz force accelerator (LiLFA) engines falling to light properly apparently.

Magnetoplasmadynamic (MPD) / lithium Lorentz force accelerator (LiLFA) Magnetoplasmadynamic (MPD) thrusters and lithium Lorentz force accelerator (LiLFA) thrusters use roughly the same idea with the LiLFA thruster building off of the MPD thruster. Hydrogen, argon, ammonia, and nitrogen gas can be used as propellant. In a certain configuration, the ambient gas in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) can be used as a propellant. The gas first enters the main chamber where it is ionized into plasma by the electric field between the anode and the cathode. This plasma then conducts electricity between the anode and the cathode. This new current creates a magnetic field around the cathode, which crosses with the electric field, thereby accelerating the plasma due to the Lorentz Force. The LiLFA thruster uses the same general idea as the MPD thruster, except for two main differences. The first difference is that the LiLFA uses lithium vapor, which has the advantage of being able to be stored as a solid. The other difference is that the cathode is replaced by multiple smaller cathode rods packed into a hollow cathode tube. The cathode in the MPD thruster is easily corroded due to constant contact with the plasma. In the LiLFA thruster the lithium vapor is injected into the hollow cathode and is not ionized to its plasma form/corrode the cathode rods until it exits the tube. The plasma is then accelerated using the same Lorentz Force.[14][15][16]

edit on 19-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The first line of that article screams sorcha faal.

An interesting report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Russian Federal Space Agency (ROSCOSMOS) states that a test launching of a “massive” and “highly secretive” space-type aircraft by the US Navy sparked a panic in Washington State this past week after this crafts Magnetoplasmadynamic (MPD) / lithium Lorentz force accelerator (LiLFA) engines failed to properly ignite.

The bold part is a typical faal opening statement!

edit on 19-3-2012 by Mapkar because: fixed my / on the /b

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Hmmm, interesting story, or leak.
But Oh Noooooo's, could be Sucha Fail
if it's real.

whew, getting tired and experiencing keyboard clumsy syndrome.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I need to hear some more news about this. Nothing came up on a google search, but some how I don't doubt. Would like to hear more...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a “massive” and “highly secretive” space-type aircraft by the US Navy sparked a panic in Washington State

There's 4 or 5 million people in Western Washington, yet they claim we tested a highly classified craft there, during the day?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

If it is my apologies only checked so far into it was more focused on another thread about the rumblings when composing this one. Just though it'd be nice to through this out there might have some truth to it if any.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
The first line of that article screams sorcha faal.

An interesting report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Russian Federal Space Agency (ROSCOSMOS) states that a test launching of a “massive” and “highly secretive” space-type aircraft by the US Navy sparked a panic in Washington State this past week after this crafts Magnetoplasmadynamic (MPD) / lithium Lorentz force accelerator (LiLFA) engines failed to properly ignite.

The bold part is a typical faal opening statement!

edit on 19-3-2012 by Mapkar because: fixed my / on the /b

The source is listed as what does it mean . com

So yes, Sorcha Fail.

Hoax Bin

www.whatdoesitmean.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There is absolutely zero way of analyzing this.
Where is the unedited original photo? That is a photoshoped imaged....

And the source is rather sketchy, IMO.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Hey, no worries!

It's an interesting article whether or not it's real. I'm a sci-fi fan, it's just sad that this gets thrown out there as legit when it's clearly not.

Whoever this "sorcha faal" person really is could definitely write an interesting book... But this whole rumor thing they do now is just a tad... Excessive.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thank you for the research.

Closed. Sorcha Faal - Please read this for more info on this hoaxer.

new topics

top topics

join