It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYFY's Being Human.... Am I the only one who just loves this show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've just finished another episode of the American version/rip-off of Being Human. I can't explain it, and don't fully understand, but this show just really grabs me by the strings and plays away.

I've followed it since episode 1. I've only gotten to view a couple episodes of the BBC airing. Everything that I've seen just really tugs at me. I absolutely love this show. I relate to it in ways that should probably make me feel ill.

Am I the only ATS'er that enjoys this? I've searched and found a number of threads that express disappointment with the rendition.

I suppose I can see how some are sick of seeing Americans retool foreign programming as if they are too busy to come up with their own, but this show is somehow different.

I'm sure some can relate to the BBC's Life on Mars vs the American rendition. I enjoyed the British more than American on this subject. Just hard for Harvey Keitel to replace Phillip Glennister.

I just wanted to get some banter going here. I'd hate to see the show cancelled here due to lack of interest.

Any takers?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yea....pretty much.

2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i have watched the first season and it was good, i have yet to watch any of the second season, though im looking forward to catching it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

I had my reservations at first, but as it goes on I just get more enthralled. It's gone in some directions that I wouldn't have for-seen. Play catch-up you won't be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The UK version ate something poisonous and became brain dead

I've been watching the US version and it kept pretty to the actual UK storyline, etc, and near the end of season 1 they veered off into their own take on the story.

I do not watch the UK version anymore. And the UK version far surpassed the US version at first. So...

must be the first thing syfy have done that I don't berate them for.

But it is a different way of telling the story... I almost didn't get the US version either, knowing how things usually go with US remakes..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I like the show, I've just been really busy and haven't had time to recap on it. Let me know if the 2nd season is any good.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I think the second season is nearly over, but yea. It is great, IMO... The few episodes I saw of the BBC version seemed like the x-files or something... They were always meeting somebody and veering the story off to follow some random side-shift.

From what I can tell, that's how the American version differs thus far... They've centralized the story around Aiden, Sally, and Josh. If it lasts long enough, I'm sure they will have to start dealing with side characters.

Sorry, I clicked the wrong "reply to" button. But it's kinda applicable to both of you.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Bobaganoosh because: yup

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I only saw the one where she changed into a werewolf. But, I'm not sure if she lost the baby. Did she lose the baby?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I love both versions, though, for whatever reason, I seem to have an easier time relating and connecting on a personal level with the UK portrayal.

Wonderful shows. It's also interesting to see how the US version diverges from the UK version.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I saw the pilot for the UK version, it was about a year before it actually started up as a series.
The pilot was great, it was funny and dark and interesting.

When the series came about I found they lost the REAL humour and just went dark, gloomy and moody, I couldn't get into it. They switched the female ghost role aswell as the male vampire role. I preferred the actors in the pilot.

The one thing that rellay caught me in the pilot and I wanted to know more is when Annie tells George about the "Men with sticks and ropes" when she died, which is why she never crossed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I used to love the BBC version. Started watching the American remake too, but just got behind on it.

new topics

top topics

join