It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obamas daughter on spring break, lack of media coverage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Who cares,about the figurehead's daughter this is just more mindless drivel that for some reason people like to drone on and on about.It's pitiful but since this is an election year both sides of the so-called political spectrum will be trying to make an issue out of every little thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
guess they felt the eq in mexico so now its making the news ill go try to find a link i saw it on the ticker on cnn when i was watching it on my tv and as another poster brought up that is a good point why would mrs Obama not go with her kids on vacation?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Honestly, so what? He had a bunch of secret service agents follow his daughters around. It's what they are there for. Our tax money goes to paying them anyway, so why not use them?

If I were president I would have just as many, if not more, following my kids around.... Constantly.

This is the very definition of a non issue for me. The president has secret service follow his family around when they are out in public. Yeah, him and every other president...

If you say you would not do the same you are lying. They are there to protect the president and his family. They are getting paid no matter what. It would be a waste of tax payer money NOT to use them.

Non issue.

Peace and love

GST

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Couldn't they just have a get together
like a pool party at the white house?

I mean, you got bowling, personal theater,
anything you could want you can get.

I think having a pool party at the white house
would be way cooler then going to mexico.
thats ok just screw the people out of money.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I had to edit my post because I didn't read the OP carefully.

Here is a cached article I found on google about Malia vacationing in Mexico.

edit on 20-3-2012 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No disrespect, OP, but

Big flaming whoop.

Who the hell cares?

Every president and his family get secret service protection.

Why do you single out one of Obama's daughters to flip out about?

The Republican candidates have the secret service protecting them now too, but I guerss you probably don't have a problem with that, huh?

I know it's election year, but this thread is making an issue out of absolutely nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
I had to edit my post because I didn't read the OP carefully.

Here is a cached article I found on google about Malia vacationing in Mexico.

edit on 20-3-2012 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

I was just thinking of Spring Break tourists in regard to the quake. Then I thought of the Obama daughter vacation thread (this one) and I just knew she'd be right there in the thick of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Anybody else find this earthquake news interesting....

Originally posted by Hellas

Magnitude mb 5.0
Region OAXACA, MEXICO
Date time 2012-03-20 18:35:46.0 UTC
Location 16.56 N ; 98.08 W
Depth 60 km
Distances 277 km S Puebla (pop 1,392,099 ; local time 12:35:46.2 2012-03-20)
155 km W Oaxaca (pop 262,566 ; local time 12:35:46.2 2012-03-20)
10 km SE Cacahuatepec (pop 3,636 ; local time 12:35:46.2 2012-03-20)
27 km NW Pinotepa nacional (pop 25,669 ; local time 12:35:46.2 2012-03-20)

EMSC

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't begrudge the White House kids their right to a life and little things like a Spring Break. No biggy..and they do have a life to lead outside what Daddy does for the world press corps.

However...when the kids running off to play for Spring Break takes 25 Secret Service agents *I* pay to recruit, train and keep properly funded....their vacation has become my problem as a taxpayer. Looking back in stories, it would seem the Bush twins traveled with just a LITTLE LESS of a foot print than a Tier 1 Government Cabinet Official or Congressional Leader. Heck, they don't even get that much security and EXPENSE to go vacation.

Could they...oh I don't know..have chosen a destination that IS NOT in the middle of a brutal civil war and REAL REAL hateful toward everything American??? I suppose seeing the ruins of Babylon would be a real memorable trip too.....Are we going to see the First Family take the 82nd Airborne division along for a vacation so they can see that too?? As parents, it's a fail....Kids need boundaries and these kids apparently no absolutely none, whatsoever. 25 servants...and we aren't even talking the REAL serving staff that I'm sure traveled along with the massive security contingent.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm hoping no earthquake event causes sympathy and increase desire to relect Obama...not to mention if his daughter was to be a victim as well...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At first I questioned why the story was pulled. Then, I began thinking of all of the crazy people out there who would actually go to try and find his daughter, and realized that this is a security issue. Twenty-five Secret Service agents seems excessive- but it is thirteen preteens in Mexico. I question the parental judgment in letting them all go somewhere that has been classified as dangerous though. There are safer places they could have gone. It makes me wonder if this spring break vacation is being used as a front for something else.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is a school trip people.

ffs

Let the kid try to pretend to have a normal life at least.

I imagine the parents of her classmates on the trip are glad the secret service is tagging along -- even if the irrational on ATS aren't

@Wrabbit2000:

Could they...oh I don't know..have chosen a destination that IS NOT in the middle of a brutal civil war and REAL REAL hateful toward everything American??? I suppose seeing the ruins of Babylon would be a real memorable trip too.....Are we going to see the First Family take the 82nd Airborne division along for a vacation so they can see that too

Are we still talking about Mexico??
edit on 3/20/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't know if she's there or not; BUT, if she is there then I'd have to nominate her parents for the Bad Parents of the Year award because ...

Texas, California, and other states had all put out plenty of warnings to students this year to NOT go to Mexico for Spring Break because of the dangers.

Here's only one ... you can find a whole load more of links on this well known warning.
www.reuters.com...

Even the hard-core, dyed-in-the-wool traditionalist students didn't go!

P.S. Wasn't this the same area that a major American CT radio host was abducted for his money recently?

edit on 20/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The articles are still all over here in Mexico:

www.eluniversal.com.mx...

Ain't gonna throw any "terrists" off the trail. Just the brainwashed sheeple.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
edit on 20-3-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

A normal life?

What *normal* kid at 13 goes to mexico
for spring break, I sure as hell never did nor anyone i know..

Some people NEVER have that luxery..
GET REAL.

This is elitest bull crap
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   
We have corporations raping this country harder than Ted Bundy ever could.
Crushing debt, massive deficits, corrupt politicians and social inequalities.

Yet people are complaining about the Presidents kids on vacation?

This is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.
I mean really who gives a rats ass?
Ok so they went on vacation to Mexico with 25 SS agents.
If it was me I'd of sent 50.
How easy would it be for a Mexican drug gang to kidnap the presidents daughter?
Ask yourself that question.

link   

It is a school trip people.

ffs

I imagine the parents of her classmates on the trip are glad the secret service is tagging along -- even if the irrational on ATS aren't

@Wrabbit2000:

Could they...oh I don't know..have chosen a destination that IS NOT in the middle of a brutal civil war and REAL REAL hateful toward everything American??? I suppose seeing the ruins of Babylon would be a real memorable trip too.....Are we going to see the First Family take the 82nd Airborne division along for a vacation so they can see that too

lol it was changed to a "school trip" after the story being taken down and changed. but yeah who cares, let the little girl have fun and stay safe but MOM SHOULD OF BEEN WITH HER and 2 THE MONEY FOR THE SECRET SERVICE SHOULD OF CAME OUT OF OBAMA'S POCKET, NOT OURS.
edit on 20-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Plus, you are all paying for all of it. ANd don't forget her twelve friends, too. Pretty sure their parents are not paying for this trip.

So, thirteen kids, twenty five SS agents. I'm in the tourism sector. This would cost about 80 to 100 grand for normal people. So, throw in Air Force One to get there, SS agents are getting PAID, not paying, a convoy of limos everywhere once they are there.....let's say a cool million. For some teenagers to go to Oaxaca for a week.

Good deal. Aren't you glad to pay for this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
if you can afford it on your own dime
now not the american peoples then great
spend all the money you can on a mexico
trip. Going to mexico at 13 for spring break,
is not normal, far from it.. My parents were working, i was stuck at home
for a week for spring break. THATS NORMAL!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Oh, it would seem Mexico is the example of the moment to highlight how outrageous this has become, so indeed.. Mexico it is.

The children of Presidents have a right to their own life....but when their life starts running with million dollar price tags for their OWN trips and their OWN interests, it's crosses lines. The Obama's personally have the cash for this trip? Yeah.. I thought not.... So the kids get the ultimate dream of a trip with all the protection and staff of a travelling Head of State, ALL at our expense.

What could anyone possibly find wrong with Spring Break in Mexico?? Unless...it's these kids. That changes everything with zeros on the end.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join