It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan/India Border Closing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
one of the things the british empire liked was order and nothing say order in the military than marching and since both sides were trained by us brits its hardly suprising that they would take what they know and expand on it

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Why do you Americans seem to think that anything that's not the same as your culture is amusing? They have their own culture, you have yours.You lot probably look funny to them there, have some respect for other people. There's a reason why you're the most hated country atm...

Because it's clearly funny! Sense of humor, get one.

And we're hated because of our American interventions, not because we know how to laugh.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Why do you Americans seem to think that anything that's not the same as your culture is amusing? They have their own culture, you have yours.You lot probably look funny to them there, have some respect for other people. There's a reason why you're the most hated country atm...

Maybe you missed the dancing and fun having crowds on both sides of the borders, It is suppose to be fun that is the entire point. You did watch the video did you not?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Anyone who has studied this part of the world for any length of time knows about this ceremony. Especially, in light of current issues. I'm surprised to see this make the rounds again.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
wow
without the british colonial influence
on the walks the uniforms or the mustaches
none of the events in the vid would be funny a tall

the whole event probably would not even occur

not much different then ceremonial changing of the guard any where in the empire
edit on 25-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
this funny parade can't be a daily event, nobody can convince me without posting a youtube video where it was done on a raining day

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by betaiso

i doubt it rains much in that area and if i know those sort of people i'd say that they would probably give even more of a show in the rain than in normal conditions just to ensure that national pride was maintained

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
None of you see the point of anything
I can see the humor from an outsider's perspective

However that was synchronized marching from both sides of the fence
those peacocks weren't looking angry, they were waiting their turn

synchronized marching means they practiced together
It means the possibility of peace

come on man....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>