It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South America: The Definitive Geographic Location Of Atlantis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I would probably have that Hanslune character all over my case if I threw it out here right now. Besides, I would like to give you a little break between threads.

And who knows, it may be nothing. I thought my discovery of Agrippa's map would get a little attention in the cartographic world and that never happened.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostayos

Hey there folks, this is a very intriguing post. Adding weight to the argument is that in the local language, known as Quechua, the word Atl means Water and the word Antis means Copper. Antis is also the root word that the name of the Andes mountains comes from.

B_R

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorderlandsRadio

Hey there folks, this is a very intriguing post. Adding weight to the argument is that in the local language, known as Quechua, the word Atl means Water and the word Antis means Copper. Antis is also the root word that the name of the Andes mountains comes from.

B_R

Interesting. Plus all copper salts are sea-colored (Blue or Green) And in alchemy, copper is associated with Venus... www.alchemywebsite.com...

Both the Mayans and Aztecs revered Venus. Extremely significant planet...
www.starteachastronomy.com...
Kukulcan/Quetzalcoatl was associated with Venus.

Was Kukulcan/Quetzalcoatl an Atlantean that helped the Mayans and Aztecs build their pyramids?

So a theory could be that Atlantis was part of a global civilization that stretched out all over the Earth, but it's main center was located somewhere in or near South America. Lake Titicaca? Bermuda Triangle?...

Also, I found this interesting... The Mayans and Aztecs associated Venus with the dog which also happens to be the same animal associated with Sirius. Is there a connection between Atlantis and Sirius?
edit on 23-3-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BorderlandsRadio

Copper - www.chemicool.com...

en.wikipedia.org... - Copper/water solution - fastest water exchange rate for any transition metal aquo complex... en.wikipedia.org...

Copper output as of 2005: (check out Northern Chile...) upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 23-3-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Doug Fisher

This is, without doubt, the most well written, clearly laid out, and interesting thread I have ever read.

As I followed along, I could not help, in the face of your presentation, to not be drawn along by your thought process. Your evidence is compelling. I hope that there will someday be hard evidence found. And I would not be at all suprised if it is found where you belive it is.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorderlandsRadio

B_R

Thanks Borderlands,

If you are interested in the linguistics/Atlantis connection, you may wish to check out this online book, Merchants of Magic. I have not read the piece in its entirety, but the author is a pretty intelligent guy I met on the forums that seems to know his way around linguistics.

Plus, he also includes an interesting section authored by a "canny Atlantis researcher" some here might be familiar with.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jroberts227

As I followed along, I could not help, in the face of your presentation, to not be drawn along by your thought process. Your evidence is compelling. I hope that there will someday be hard evidence found. And I would not be at all suprised if it is found where you belive it is.

Thank you.

Thanks jroberts227,

I have very little experience writing, but that's exactly the type of response I was hoping to generate.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Then we shall await its arrival with bated breath!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Thanks?!

Based on my post, I should probably assume you have made a clever, somewhat mischievous play on words. If so, well played sir. I hope I don't disappoint.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Very well thought out, and an excellent read. I never realized it could be an entire continent, but South America IS whichever way you look at it, a giant island.

Atlantians were supposed to be quite technological as well, maybe that's why we find so many mind boggling architectural feats all over South America.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Razziazoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"Orichalcum" which is mentioned in the Critias by Plato, was a metal alloy used in Atlantis. Orichalcum is Greek for "mountain copper" and is found in the Andes Mountains. Known to the Spaniards as "Tumbaga" it was used in Mesoamerica and South America.

Here's a link that further illustrates the Atlantis/Pampa Aullagas connection...
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

edit on 24-3-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

So Nurelic which of the two locations of Atlantis theorized above appears more reasonable to you? Jim Allen's or Dougs?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I don't know. Both theories make good points. It could even be at some other location in South America. Have any excavations been made in the Mesopotamian plain that you know of?

How about you? Are you leaning towards one theory, neither, or do you have your own theory?...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

There is some archaeology reports for the Rio Salado/Rio Paraná area 'mesopotamia' but its all in Spanish so with a translation of complexicated Spanish its a bit hard to wander thru - will do so next week

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Definitely looking forward to your review of these reports.

Also thought I would share an interesting little tidbit that Oleg Dyakonov of the Russian Society for the Study of Atlantis shared with me recently:

Here, I believe, I can give you some interesting data from the book Minas e Minérios do Brasil. Tesouros. cidades pré-históricas e minas abandonadas (Mines and Ores of Brazil. Treasures, prehistoric cities and abandoned mines) (1957) by Tanus Jorge Bastani, a Brazilian author. This is my own translation from Portuguese.

"When the Spanish Jesuits had won the friendship of the heathen Charrua in the bordering region between current Rio Grande do Sul and Argentina, they already found there vestiges of a remote civilization and many foundations of a great city. This ancient territory of the Missions is now covered by sleepy villages of Rio Grande do Sul, but it conceals within the entrails of that plain land, in the depths of the endless rural fields, hidden treasures and abandoned mineral deposits."

There is nothing here to suggest age or the precise location of the city, nor am I sure whether any such city has been excavated since this was printed in 1957, but the account supports the very real possibility that there are still ancient lost cities yet to be uncovered in the region.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'd love to hear from the Hy Brasil experts.

The way I heard the legend this land was southeast of Ireland and said to contain an advanced people.

Lots of coincidences as far as names go.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I was thinking about Hy Brasil too. Definitely on the list for possible locations of Atlantis. And after reading more about it, apparently it can magically disappear and reappear... is this the LOST island!?...
If we went to it's coordinates would it appear for us? Then we'd bring the boat up to the shore, walk onto the beach and find Hurley munching on a candy bar...

historicmysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
So I've been reading so many threads in this section in the past few months, and learnt a heap more than I knew with a whole different view of it, and after recently reading up about a heap of history you come across the best subjects, a crap load of them mention Atlantis even when the area wasn't necessarily common to be there, but one stood out in relation to this thread and after I read it thought it a great thread and at the moment I agree, I was reading about the manuscript 512 (I'll directly quote the text of the related material) and one of the people who were searching for a lost city with mines of the rarest material, this is the thread The Manuscript 512 and one of the explorers a one Percy Fawcett said to have found the city and believed he found what he called City 'Z' he argued that City z was actually different from the city in the Manuscript because he claims he never found the city the manuscript described, and the city he found was of a prehistoric culture of a white race, the Atlantians, later he admitted that there was a chance that the 2 places could be the same.

Quote from the Manuscript Thread

Also the famous Percy Fawcett, decided to organize an expedition in 1921. In fact, Fawcett was interested mainly in Mato Grosso area for several reasons. Fawcett found many petroglyphs similar to those described in the Manuscript 512, but failed to find the lost city.
Fawcett argued that "Z" (how he called it), was a city different from the Manuscript 512, the "City of Raposo", the City "Z", according to him was a site of a prehistoric culture of white race, the Atlanteans. Later, he admitted that was a possibility that both places were the same.

Thanks for this thread though mate it was a great read and informative I've saved it to read again later.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

Note I should let you know that Fawcett was a true believer in Atlantis, but he did not believe that he found Atlantis in Brazil but the city he found was a coloney of Atlantis

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Thanks Sparta,

Fawcett’s claims about the region are definitely intriguing. Thanks for the links.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh Doug I forgot to mention that you should show your idea to Scott Creighton, his ideas on Egypt need for Atlantis to be found, so he might be interested in your concepts. He can be found in his own little forum on ATS

Scott

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join