It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do u think jesus lived?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My problem with ATS is that so many would rather believe in Aliens, Science than accept that Christ is real. I pray for all of you nonbelievers and hope that someday the light and truth will touch your heart. Science will never explain how the incurable cancer is miracously cured by prayer, how the cripple can now walk. or how the child who had 6 months to live is now 19 years old. Come on people, you refuse to belive because you do not want to follow the rules, sin is more fun, if I refuse to believe I do not have to feel bad about what feels so good for a short period of time. Commit yourself to science and believe in what you will. The science will eventually prove the Bible as 100% correct, unfortunately it will be far too late for some of you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
So basicly, if you call the documents of the Romans a lie, then you could easily also say that Ceaser never lived, nor Cleopatria. For Jesus has more documentation, more writen proof of his life than both these souls combined.
I'm interested in seeing these Roman documents of Jesus. Linky please.

I also would like to see those records, and anything you have from the Jewish Historical Archives would also bolster your claim. The truth is, even though the Romans kept meticulous records on everything....they failed to mention anyone named Jesus the Christ, or the famous Crucifixion of same. The only thing I have ever come across from the Romans is the Piso Family, true authors of the entire New Testament.
Relevant Links:
TRUE AUTHORSHIP OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

WHO WROTE THE NEW TESTAMENT?

The True Authorship of the New Testament

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

But what about all the countless innocent lives your god has taken? All these miraculous miracles you claim are nothing more than a result of science and modern medicine.

The science will eventually prove the Bible as 100% correct, unfortunately it will be far too late for some of you.

Science can already DISPROVE many things in the bible. There are so many paradoxes and inconsistencies. You have been fed lies about this religion and you continue to blindly take it in. It would never matter how many facts you are presented with disproving god and the bible, you would still blindly go back to your faith because that is all you know.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Science can already DISPROVE many things in the bible.

Not only science is doing this, disproving the Bible piece by piece, but also Archeologists and Historians are finding out new truths about the book held as Holy by millions of Christians. I do have to admit, I really admire those who began this Bible is the word of God thing, and for convincing the masses for so long that a Savior rose from the dead and is coming back for them, and only them.
One day, all secrets will be known by all.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
if not why and please add links as to why
and why did they base our calender on a fictional person

I don't believe that Jesus lived, but he was not entirely "fictional" either. Religion is based on an ancient allegoric code and Christ is a personification of a portion of this code (a.k.a. The Word). I am not providing links to support my viewpoint because I have not found anyone else that has pursued this course.

I first began to suspect that the Bible was allegory while I still considered myself a Christian and once I freed myself of Christianity, I began to see indications of allegory everywhere. For example, the "errors" and "contradictions" that have been preserved in the Bible are really "puzzles" that can be resolved by treating them as allegorical. Allusions also play an important role in this allegory this helps to explain many of the "parallels" between Christ and other deities. Other parallels between Christ and other deities are due to the reuse of metaphors. For example a "virgin birth" indicates a non-historical character.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Sorry that I have taken so long to reply to your post... but here goes...

Your over-use of generalizations leads me to question your integrity and the foundation for your opinions. Your opening statement, "We have endured two thousand years of Christianity (the unholy creed that says you are damned to hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour)" is not only false, but also incredibly one-sided. My question to you at this stage is this: Who are the "WE" that you refer to, exactly? "WE" as in "HUMANITY"? If so, your opening statement is lacking in substance due to the FACT that YOU are NOT a spokesperson for two thousand years worth of human development.

Next you claim to understand Christian teachings and claim that "you are damned to hell if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour"... again, depending on your understanding of "hell", this may, or may not be true... a complex issue indeed that I, for one, will not attempt to tackle here, in this forum, at this time.

You also claim, "Religions have not delivered societies of which humanity can be proud?"... and so I see your dilemma... you see the role of religion in society to structure, police, defend, teach, etc. etc? I think the problem you are experiencing here is due to your own expectations regarding the role of religion in society...

You decide to judge Abraham and go on to condemn all followers of the three big religions... thus trying to give yourself some kind of moral and intellectual high-ground... which makes you incredibly vain and egotistical in my opinion... not good traits, brother man.

Your claim that, "The most intelligent people on earth are atheists, agnostics and gnostics while the least intelligent are the followers of the Abrahamic religions" is entirely without substance and quite an ignorant statement in its entirety. Of course you have absolutely NOTHING to support such a claim... therefore this statement is purely conjecture... and thus, nonfactual and false.

There are more problems with your post, but I am sure the aforementioned points are sufficient for you to consider at leisure. I hope you one day find your path and whatever pain you have suffered is relieved entirely...

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure He was a real person.

His story is too improbable to be fiction...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jesus is a mythical figure created by patriarchal figures(men of course) who were insecure, and tried to oppress women by getting rid of the then popular religion of Isis. If u look on a lot of other gods in mythology you can extrapolate that Jesus resembles a lot of other gods that were before his time(whenever it possible was). Christianity at the time when they say Jesus died and to a point where enough information that was not present now was available then, the church's who would have been more knowledgeable about this man, but were very busy with whores in their brothels, committing more sins than anyone else, Jesus is not real, never will be

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm pretty much in the same boat as bigmoneyme and loves a conspiracy.

reply to post by DOLCOTT

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
My problem with ATS is that so many would rather believe in Aliens, Science than accept that Christ is real. I pray for all of you nonbelievers and hope that someday the light and truth will touch your heart. Science will never explain how the incurable cancer is miracously cured by prayer, how the cripple can now walk. or how the child who had 6 months to live is now 19 years old. Come on people, you refuse to belive because you do not want to follow the rules, sin is more fun, if I refuse to believe I do not have to feel bad about what feels so good for a short period of time. Commit yourself to science and believe in what you will. The science will eventually prove the Bible as 100% correct, unfortunately it will be far too late for some of you.

For real?

I find so many things wrong with that comment, it's actually quite saddening.

The science will eventually prove the Bible as 100% correct, unfortunately it will be far too late for some of you.

Really? too late for what?
there's more things wrong with the bible than your comment. It is already proven wrong, as mentioned. You really believe in Noah and his arc? the supposed world-wide flood that covered earth in 5.5 miles of water and killed everything? we know it never happened. That is clear from the archeolgical record, don't even know why I'm telling you this.

I pray for all of you nonbelievers and hope that someday the light and truth will touch your heart. Science will never explain how the incurable cancer is miracously cured by prayer, how the cripple can now walk. or how the child who had 6 months to live is now 19 years old.

Thanks for praying for me, but it's not going to change anything.

It's estimated that every month between 1 and 5 children die in the US alone due to the religious superstition of their parents or guardians. The World Union of Deists is trying to change the laws that allow this assault on our children and our reason. We are currently circulating petitions that call for an end to the religious exemptions that promote this type of deadly superstition. Please help us by taking part in this important effort. Send an email to me at: [email protected] indicating your desire to help us in this matter and I'll help you draft a petition for your state. If you live in Georgia please contact Brian at [email protected]. Don't let Harrison's death, and the deaths of the other innocent children, be for nothing. Together we will make a difference!
link, one of many

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join