It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do u think jesus lived?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
He lived and was crusified. His message still alive today. I dont think he claimed to be The God like many say.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I think that if any of The major religious books
were written a year ago no one would belive them.
only we can debate how to worship G-d.
Meanwhile in reality, all parties involved share the beauty
of wanting to seek and worship G-d.
People deep down under the scars and pain and debt
Can be beautiful.

I hope.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
thanks for all ur comments
but i didnt ask if jesus was the messiah or god or anything
did he exist,is all im asking
and well somebody asked me for links
i will provide in time
and srry for the short thread i just thougt it would be a fun quistion

ps and basicly i made this thread cuz alot of people (om ATS] claim jezus is a fairy tail
heres your chance to proof it
its wat ats is all about wright?
edit on 20-3-2012 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Before cameras, do you believe in the existence of historical figures just from documentation and or paintings? Cleopatra,Descartes,Newton, just to name a few.

Cleopatra

Des Cartes

Newton

Okay, where Jesus?

One that was commissioned when he was alive, as I believe these three were done for the others.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

wats ur point?
i dont get it

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

Im pretty sure you could find jesus in alot of places.....

Its a pretty common name among the hispanic catholics.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

lol
i know i knew a guy from spain whos name was jezus
i thought it was hysterical
he said it was a commen name
but its not wat i meant and u know it

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

i just saw u wasnt talking to me never mind

so for the person who asked my link heres a quote from wiki:en.wikipedia.org...

Most modern historians agree that Jesus existed and was a Jewish teacher from Galilee in Roman Judaea,

and i didnt base my opinion on that link
i had come to the same conclusion by evaluating the info by historic means

so for people who still think he didnt exist please provide links or other info as to why
thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

The way ATS is, is that everyone provides links to back up what they say. Some don't, but they aren't taken seriously, or it is general banter in their threads.

If you wish others to do so in your thread though, you should at minimum make reference to where you sourced your information from.

edit on 20-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by boncho because: Noticed the OP posted links and elaborated on the position of the OP S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Please excuse my spelling,
I do believe that he did live, however I am comfused when it comes to religion.
So was he born in Bethlaham or Nazarith?
Didn't the bible say something like put no other god before him because he was a jelious god?
why is the bible 90% jesus and 10% god?
Why so many types of religion and bibles?
how did they change the calender to fit with jesus?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Jesus was apparently one of a number of "Messiahs" recognised by the Jewish Messiah cults of the time.
Before him; "John" (AKA John the Baptist) was the messiah - do you ever wonder why John Baptised the "Son of the God" ...seems a bit strange that a normal man would Baptise Gods only son.

Once you start digging it becomes apparent that the virtually everything we know about Jesus ( BTW what did Jesus do as a child??) was in fact concocted by Roman Historians to subdue the violent "Hell and Brimstone" tribes of the middle east, who, at the time, ( roughly 150-200 years after Jesus supposed birth) were in a prolonged war with the Romans.

Instead of having these "Hell and Brimstone" middle easterners follow an Abrahamic God who loved killing and revenge; the Romans instead popularised the cult of Jesus, which preached turning of the other cheek, forgiveness and peacefull protest as it provided a much more manageable enemy.

Once the Romans saw that this Psy-Op worked they rolled Christianity out across their empire as it meant followers of Jesus were much less warlike and easier to controll.

You asked for links so I suggest you read up about

Titus Flavius: en.wikipedia.org...
The Jewish-Roman wars : en.wikipedia.org...

The main question is:

How did Christianity, a religion where the Romans killed the messiah, become the overiding religion of the Roman Empire in such a short time???

If you think it's because the Romans allowed people to do as they please...you need to read up on Rome.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

u are wright
i forgot to add my link thanks for reminding me
i just added the wiki link, so do u agree or disagree with most biblical scholars?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
reply to post by boncho

u are wright
i forgot to add my link thanks for reminding me
i just added the wiki link, so do u agree or disagree with most biblical scholars?

I agree with Family Guy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

thanks for ur rep
i didn ask links for me
just so that people would back up their claims
but i will probably read up on it in time thanks again

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

u dont watch that show do u
there is an easier way of killing braincells
try hitting urself in the head

but proof of people saying jesus never lived (or was retarded ]is family guy
proof of people saying he is alive is wiki
close call in my opinion

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
They were many men named Jesus in that time. The one that died on a cross was a fall guy set up by the Pharisees. The teacher Jesus escaped the country, and lived a long life.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
My father is a painter, he is nobody famous. In a hundred years no one will
know my name. This guy Jesus, his father was a carpenter, no one famous.
2000 years later people still know about his and marys son. I can't tell you everything
In the Bible is official but I do no for whatever reason still talk about and
Debate this.
I wonder if the Romans didn't get a hold of this belief system..if it would be as popular as it is today....?

Depends how you define "popular"? Numerous, famous, well known...?

The Roman church of Catholicism incorporated numerous pagan practices and rituals into a new religion. It captured the human love of rituals and pomp and ceremony. It doesn't matter to them that God detests such things in scripture. They simply ignore it. So yes, if you define popular as numerous or well- known, I think that the answer to your question is no.

But, it did serve God's purpose of taking the gospel message to nearly every corner of the world. Those that are called by God and given to Jesus picked up scripture, started to read and understand for themselves, then ran away from the apostacy of the church. And many were killed because they put their love for God ahead of the church.

OP, Christ Jesus lived. He died and was resurrected. I can't prove that to you - only God Above can. Christianity is not a church, it is a personal relationship as Christ Jesus unveils the heart of God to you. It is a journey as He slowly chisels out the beliefs given to you by the world and replaces them with His view. It's painful and full of tears as you learn how much He loved you - so much that He came in the flesh and willingly laid down His human life to lead you home.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

God is above time and space, He is eternity. He knows start to finish and has divided up our earthly time in Ages. Jesus is throughout the Old Testament as seen in Joseph saving his brothers to Joshua leading the descendants of Israel into the promised land (Heaven). He is from the beginning of Creation. I wish that I could get through to some of you science fiction dreamers out there, because the grand things that you dream about like the universe and time travel are God. His timeline is not our own and He left his message of what will be done in our timeline. The Holy Spirit is His deposit of the promises to come. But only Christ Jesus reveals this to you as you seek to understand. But pride has to fall before you do. Leave it at the door. It has no place in the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Virtually nothing is known about Jesus Christ. Outside of the Gospels, the few historical sources that seemingly refer to him are so vague or ambiguous that they may not be about him at all. Several researchers have concluded that he doesn't exist at all beyond the pages of the New Testament. He is a fabrication, a fiction, they say. However, these researchers would have equal difficulties with many other figures whom no one doubts existed. For instance, outside of the Gospels there is almost no mention of Pontius Pilate, the Roman Governor of Judea. It might be expected that a Roman Governor's life would be well documented, but this is simply not the case.

The Gospels are full of contradictions, inconsistencies and improbabilities, leaving ample scope for innumerable heresies to spring up. Jesus spoke in Aramaic, but none of his teachings have been preserved in that language. We are always dealing with translations and translations of translations. Ambiguity and inaccuracy are inevitable.

My guess is he is fictional or maybe real, just not the son of a non existent god.

edit on 19-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

I think you are out and out lying with this statement , not only is the record provided by non Christian parties very clear it is easily googled and found . The time it took you to write this lie I could have copied a half dozen sites . This site below lists several non Christian sources .www.provethebible.net...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ok
again
please ,im not asking wheater jesus was the son of crist or whatever
i just want to know if u believe he is a person that once lived or not
and why, surely u must be able to provide some sources as to why u believe him to be a real person or not
links a little bit more reliable as family guy would do just fine

edit on 20-3-2012 by thebestnr1 because: cuz the plot thickened

edit on 20-3-2012 by thebestnr1 because: do

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The fact is, people could drudge up proof after proof that he existed and there will STILL be cool dude hipsters that will try and debunk it. People only believe what they want to, no matter how much in their face the truth really is. Why would today's society want to believe in a man who traveled the world spreading teachings about God, and forgiveness, and morals. It seems to have no place in the world we have before us now. Bottom line is...believe or don't believe, but come to those terms on your own. Don't base how you think on how many idiots fit in the bandwagon. If I was looking for answers about Jesus, no offense, but ATS would be the last place I looked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join