It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do u think jesus lived?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
if so why? and please provide links as to why
if not why and please add links as to why
and why did they base our calender on a fictional person

i looked into it and i think he once lived
that will be all thank u and have a nice one

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The same reason there are wars for WMDs when there isn't any WMDs to be found.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

I think he lived , he preached , he came sent some food for the soul .

But the trinity , divinity , son of god thing , is made up . Thats why he has so many cult followers today who worship him more then 'god' him self. He was a great man , but i know if he came back today , he would be upset at people idolizing him .

Jesus was great , but his followers i wish i could say the same. Some of them so lost in their own versions of reality , and what the bible represents its almost amusing ,

if not sad...

Then they dare call each other ignorant

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't need hyperlinks to prove the fact that Jesus lived. It's easliy googable. The facts are that the Romans, some of the best record keepers ever have a wealth of documentation to the life and death of Jesus. Not only that, but the Jews of the time also recorded a wealth of documentation of the "trouble maker" that Jesus became for them. New ideas that really are simply professing the truth in old ideas always seems to be hard to swallow. Mankind is a stubborn being that way.

And for it all being forged as part of a Roman plot, that motion didn't carry until Constintine, so I find it hard to believe that while Nero lit his backyard with christians that he also had forged the divinity of Christ. The facts are you can deny the divinty of Jesus, but to deny the fact that he existed isn't even possible. There are more records of his deeds and life outside of scripture than there are of Ceaser.

So basicly, if you call the documents of the Romans a lie, then you could easily also say that Ceaser never lived, nor Cleopatria. For Jesus has more documentation, more writen proof of his life than both these souls combined.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Dear thebestnr1,

Well, it did take hundreds of years before the anyone bothered asking if he was real for a reason. In the end, that is not the bigger question, the real question is whether or not he was of God, the Christ. The alternate question to yours is does anybody really believe that a bunch of Jewish fisherman were able to convince others in Jerusalem that a man named Jesus was nailed to a cross and disappeared three days later from a tomb that was being guarded by Roman Centurions.

When Paul was being persecuted he would write to the churches that they knew these things because they had witnessed them and knew the people involved. How about this question, what reason is there to believe that he didn't exist at all? Why does nobody ever ask if Buddha existed or Mohammed? Peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
So basicly, if you call the documents of the Romans a lie, then you could easily also say that Ceaser never lived, nor Cleopatria. For Jesus has more documentation, more writen proof of his life than both these souls combined.
I'm interested in seeing these Roman documents of Jesus. Linky please.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
oh he did live there's no doubt in my mind just not the way religion would have you think

www.crystalinks.com...

you decide?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
if so why? and please provide links as to why
if not why and please add links as to why

i looked into it and i think he once lived
that will be all thank u and have a nice one

I'd like to see your links!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I absolutely believe that he lived, in fact, they reset the calender for him. I have no links to provide- but, you should look at several religions that abhor Christianity such as Judaism or Islam, because they believe he lived.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
there are probably 60 gospels about jesus, only 4 allowed into the bible. I have no reason to think he didn't exist. But I don't adhere to the bull# Christianity tries to sell. Sometimes i wish they left jesus out their religion. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Im sure he lived....but the son of god....Noooooooooo.

All you have to do is look on here for stupid claims about being aliens, gods, angels etc. He was born before his time, im sure he would have fitted in very well on here with his bs claims

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Don't be silly, of course Jesus lived.
In fact, Jesus Lives!
And thank goodness for that fact, the lawn and hedges look great!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Virtually nothing is known about Jesus Christ. Outside of the Gospels, the few historical sources that seemingly refer to him are so vague or ambiguous that they may not be about him at all. Several researchers have concluded that he doesn't exist at all beyond the pages of the New Testament. He is a fabrication, a fiction, they say. However, these researchers would have equal difficulties with many other figures whom no one doubts existed. For instance, outside of the Gospels there is almost no mention of Pontius Pilate, the Roman Governor of Judea. It might be expected that a Roman Governor's life would be well documented, but this is simply not the case.

The Gospels are full of contradictions, inconsistencies and improbabilities, leaving ample scope for innumerable heresies to spring up. Jesus spoke in Aramaic, but none of his teachings have been preserved in that language. We are always dealing with translations and translations of translations. Ambiguity and inaccuracy are inevitable.

My guess is he is fictional or maybe real, just not the son of a non existent god.

edit on 19-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If I may interject. The calender most widely used known as the Julian calendar later revised as the Gregorian calendar was not based off of Jesus. It was originally established be Julius Ceasar in 46 BC. Later revised in 1582 to become the Gregorian calendar. Though I suppose you mean the the transfer from BC to AD. I mean no offense, but to say the calender as a whole was based off of Jesus would not entirely be correct.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
NOPE, not even one bit actually. I believe he is a fictional character created in a time of fictional characters ruling the minds of the masses. people live good lives based on the jesus character though, but are highly manipulated.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I will give you a star for your thoughts op, ugly post if it's one of your first, but ultimately a valid question.

hell no I do not think that he lived. He was used by governments such as Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylionian, and who knows just how far back it goes, to keep the masses subjected to its governments manipulations

Seriously, It would be like not writing about Michael Jordan for 250 years, and then all of a sudden, BLAM, here come these church going monkes-people, once Rome conquered and killed your government, elders, and your Pagan heroes, Once this happens, they send in these caped individuals preaching love and repentence. SERIOUSLY.

I love my country, however nothing like blowing the hell out of Iraq, for generations, then once they lost all reasoning skills, throw christianity their way.

And if that does not work, hang, burn, murder, and enslave. sorry being a history major, I was the most depressed that I have ever been learning the truth about history. It is all a lie, It has always, and will always be written by the winners

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

My father is a painter, he is nobody famous. In a hundred years no one will
know my name. This guy Jesus, his father was a carpenter, no one famous.
2000 years later people still know about his and marys son. I can't tell you everything
In the Bible is official but I do know for whatever reason people still talk about and
Debate this.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Prisoner60863 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
My father is a painter, he is nobody famous. In a hundred years no one will
know my name. This guy Jesus, his father was a carpenter, no one famous.
2000 years later people still know about his and marys son. I can't tell you everything
In the Bible is official but I do no for whatever reason still talk about and
Debate this.
I wonder if the Romans didn't get a hold of this belief system..if it would be as popular as it is today....?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think he lived. I don't understand why his miracles are even considered as 'fairytale stories'. Is there any evidence that says man could not develop amazing psychic powers and abilities? Even if he was an ordinary man, he did something that we have failed to do today. Only people with big inflated ego will fail to see the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
New Advent
That link will provide you with the documentation that you can read.

The New Testament is obviously the best verifiable source. You can argue as to why certain ones were omitted but they all still show his existence.
Before cameras, do you believe in the existence of historical figures just from documentation and or paintings?
Cleopatra,Descartes,Newton, just to name a few.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join