It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Tornado touches down near San Antonio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just breaking. Stay safe in you are in this region.

MASON, TX -- The National Weather Service says a tornado has touched down southwest of San Antonio. Related Content MORE: Discuss this story on our Facebook pageThe weather service says it has received reports of a tornado near Lytle, about 25 miles southwest of downtown San Antonio. The weather service says this tornado is moving northeast at about 20 miles per hour. Parts of Bexar County and neighboring Atascosa and Medina counties remain under a tornado warning until 9 p.m. CDT. The rest of the area is under a tornado watch in effect past midnight Tuesday. Dozens of counties in East Texas are also under a tornado watch. Near Dallas-Fort Worth, dozens of counties remain under a tornado watch set to expire at 10 p.m. CDT. Thunderstorms moved east across Fort Worth into the Dallas area and flights have been delayed.

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=8586648

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Stay safe ATSers that in the path! Keeps us updated on the situation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
San Antonio is safe, for now .. it's the flash flooding that might happen. I did see pictures of the tornado! Scary

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Near Dallas-Fort Worth, dozens of counties remain under a tornado watch set to expire at 10 p.m. CDT

I'm east of Dallas and we're under a tornado and flash flood watch until 2 am. That's not unusual for this time of year though. I just checked the map and there is a nasty, huge storm plowing through Dallas right now and heading our way. Batten down the hatches!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
every one stay safe down that way, its going to be another active year.....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
San Antonio is safe, for now .. it's the flash flooding that might happen. I did see pictures of the tornado! Scary

Right Historically, San Anton does not have storm drains, the streets are designed for that function.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Update on San Antonio storms 1:29 AM
Second round here. (the first fizzled by the time it got to NW SA). High, high winds, heavy rain (no hail that I can tell), very scary lightning (I've been in several tropical storms/ depressions. This is pretty bad. We have the dogs in the back hall, but I can see out a kitchen window & the sky is intermittently bright red. Not sure why.
Street lights/ electric/ cable still up.
The tornado watch for our area has expired.
Best current radar imo

ksat.com

click on enlarge/ loop

Prayers that everyone is safe.

top topics

join