It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel Loves Iran' Initiative takes off......

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

so much love in people, let it out let it live..... so much love in the world

art changes people, people change the world
edit on 21-3-2012 by life12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

lol there are a LOT of places on the internet where one can speak with and get to know Iranians, but I'm sure that our leaders don't like that, as they want us to hate all of these people so they can bomb them to kingdom come. You start taking a people and put names to faces and see a facebook campaign going where you see real humans saying...... HEY I DON"T WANT TO BOMB YOU...... that just creates a little problem..... we can't have people saying I love you, when war drums have been beaten for months. People sense this war coming and they don't want it and they are going to say so. Let the psychopaths in power deal with that, however they may, but the truth is, the citizens do not want this.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
reply to post by Jameela

lol there are a LOT of places on the internet where one can speak with and get to know Iranians, but I'm sure that our leaders don't like that, as they want us to hate all of these people so they can bomb them to kingdom come. You start taking a people and put names to faces and see a facebook campaign going where you see real humans saying...... HEY I DON"T WANT TO BOMB YOU...... that just creates a little problem..... we can't have people saying I love you, when war drums have been beaten for months. People sense this war coming and they don't want it and they are going to say so. Let the psychopaths in power deal with that, however they may, but the truth is, the citizens do not want this.

You are correct, the America/Israeli government want people scared of Iranians and thinking the government is bad, it best serves their 'interest' which is annihilating the Iranian people.

But I do not see much love from the peoples of the world, too much hatred, too many lies believed, the people support their governments, very very few rare people do not support the death of Iranians and shia.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is a lot of hate concentrated on these forums amongst certain people and groups. Don't allow these forums to color your perception of what people in other countries are feeling. These people are trying to stop this. It's very real, but some won't accept that. We've been conditioned throughout our lives not to be compassionate or care for people beyond our backyard.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by Jameela

You are correct, the America/Israeli government want people scared of Iranians and thinking the government is bad, it best serves their 'interest' which is annihilating the Iranian people.

But I do not see much love from the peoples of the world, too much hatred, too many lies believed, the people support their governments, very very few rare people do not support the death of Iranians and shia.

This thread is dealing with how people try to overcome media coverage and government policies, the true mindset of citizens in countries of opposite sides of the globe, yet you and the rest of the so-called "enlightened" ones can't pass on the chance to defame others.
This is absolutely absurd...
Instead of praising the initiative you and the likes of you try to ruin it and smear it with BS.

You talk about the Israel/American governments trying to steer things to their liking, yet you live in countries that rank the LOWEST on the "Freedom of Press Index", do you even know what that means? "Freedom of Press"?
Here you go, I'll help you:

Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia

The Press Freedom Index is an annual ranking of countries compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders based upon the organization's assessment of their press freedom records. Small countries, such as Andorra, are excluded from this report. A smaller score in the index corresponds to greater freedom of the press. The 2011-2012 index was published on 25 January 2012. Unlike indexes from previous years, the 2011-2012 index allowed for negative scores and has a wider overall spread of scores (-10 to 142, with previous years having 0 to 115.5).

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gramlengo

UH no, I praised it, even made a couple posts stating I would join it
guess you missed your opportunity to smear me personally huh? www.abovetopsecret.com... Where is your post where you offered to join in this movement for peace?

Anyway, that said if anyone is running around trying to smear something it would be you, you have been chasing me around the forum making posts about honor killings and every other possible smear against muslims you can possibly think of and when I refute your argument you just come up with another smear campaign.

It is you and people like you who make me think we will never have peace because your version of peace is that we roll over and die for you and become your slave.... you hate muslims and everything about them, and your every post shows it. I make a thread to give some understanding of why muslims loose hope and feel so helpless they are willing to kill themselves and you bring in mundane arguments and start chasing me around the forum, instead of trying to gain some insight and understanding of other human beings, and recognizing they are human beings.

So yeah, I think people like you just hate people like me.

And your reporters without borders... well the US (47 and 57) and Israel (92) doesn't rank very well now do they? They are far from the best so do not criticize anyone else until you are. I do not see much journalistic integrity in western media either.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You see it's things like this that should receive MUCH more media attention. Especially since they try to say we are a country that is 'promoting peace', but ofcourse, it won't even see the light of day in the national press. Nooooo because that would interfere with their 'agenda'..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

But what will it actually take? Opossing war and educating the general population is obviously the first step, I think that's where we are now. But there will come a time for action....

And this OP is action. What the people in the story are doing is action.
I haven't read all the way through yet, but it seems to me that when the "idiots" (as another poster said) who want war, and who have the power to declare war, take "action" they will be ordering their troops to act.

The troops must refuse. In the 1960s, during the vietnam horror, the "hippies" walked up to troops with cocked and aimed rifles and stuck flowers in them.

If the soldiers everywhere said, "I'm not going to push this button and bomb these people. You do it yourself!" to the leaders calling for war (who never go into fight it themselves), we might have a chance to override their mongering, to overpower their hostility, by sheer force of numbers.

Unfortunately, many military members have had their brains twisted away from tolerance and aversion to killing; but not all of them. Perhaps there are enough who do not want to fight that they can help sway those who will follow orders blindly.

Meanwhile, to the rest of the world:

I am an American. I don't want to bomb you. I want to come to know you, and appreciate you, and love you, in peace. I don't want you to bomb each other, either. Please don't fight. I want to share what I have with you, and see what you have to share as well. You are interesting. You matter. I matter, too. Let's both matter, together.
edit on 22-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great for those people, and I share their sentiment. I do not find it promising that this equals less than 1/100 of 1% of the two countries combined population.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All we need is Love, so true...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Nice thought but how many of them are able to use the Internet from Iran?

Didn't the Iranian government blocked the access some time ago? (Assuming it was turned back on afterwards).

Iranians have internet access, there are some sites that are blocked from Iran but only a few. And yes you have posters here who post from Iran.

Yes I know they have the access. I wasn't sure if they had implemented a kill switch as they had used few months ago to cut off the mass from posting images and reports of political turmoil within Iran. I'm thinking it was a year or two ago??

I think I have seen couple of users whose profile indicates Iran but who knows. Where there's a will, there's a way

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm almost in tears right now, as I type this.

It is time for us to take this over boys, the message is traveling - and traveling fast.

It is only a matter of time, love overpowers everything. When darkness falls, light is always found nearby. Give a hand to those in need, rather than kick those who are down.

This man has started a revolution, it is in our hands to ensure it's deliverance.

Stay safe, my friends.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Nice thought but how many of them are able to use the Internet from Iran?

Didn't the Iranian government blocked the access some time ago? (Assuming it was turned back on afterwards).

Iranians have internet access, there are some sites that are blocked from Iran but only a few. And yes you have posters here who post from Iran.

Yes I know they have the access. I wasn't sure if they had implemented a kill switch as they had used few months ago to cut off the mass from posting images and reports of political turmoil within Iran. I'm thinking it was a year or two ago??

I think I have seen couple of users whose profile indicates Iran but who knows. Where there's a will, there's a way

No, I speak to Iranians living inside Iran almost daily, and no such thing has been implemented.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

If the evil corrupt leaders of the world can dehumanize the Iranians, then it will soften the blow when their families are blown up.

Don't even get me going on Iraq and Afghanistan. When will the hate and the killing end?

My God, an Afghani and Iraqi never did a thing to hurt me or mine, nor has a Muslim. I'm so tired of this crap.

We need to stop policing the world and start attending to the suffering taking place in our country.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What I want to know is how can there ever be peace as long as a land is occupied? Iran nor anyone else in the world should ever give in until the land is given back to it's rightful owners, the palestenians, and the torture and killings of palestenian women and children stop. Israel is the only country that does not have an immigration policy---talk about racists. If nothing else, the world needs to force Israel to become an international country if they are not willing to give it back. Can you imagine if the U.S. said that only whites can live in America? So how do the Israelis get away with it? I don't hate jews, but I despise zionists and what they have done to the world. In the last 15 years my eyes have been opened to a lot of things, and zionism is one of them. It's very sad that people can be bought.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just got to put this out here. The population of Israel is 7.6 million. This cause is on facebook and has been for some time apparently. Currently there aren't but 31,000 likes. These likes come from all over the world. So why doesn't it have more likes than what it currently does?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Israel started off as shared land. The jews there already in 1947 before the leaugue of nations said it was OK fo rthe jews from Germany and Poland to move there. I still do not know why its so hard to understand that "palestine" and Palestinian was used by the Romans to describe the ,jews,and anyone living in that country because it was easy. The land was shared back then as well. SO i do not see how its stolen land when the name palestine was not used until the romans named it so. As for zionist. Isnt that a bit of racial slur against people of jewish descent? Not all of them are rich,and wanting to rule the world. Such blanket statements make you look weak and racist.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by el1jah

Ok, I am a little confused. If this is legit, then I say "GREAT JOB!!" on the part of the people trying to begin initiating contact and becoming representatives of their countries and hopefully setting the example for their leaders. BUT, here is where I am confused and a little weary of this "movement." Iranians and Israelies do not speak English. All of the "posters" I have seen are in English. I have been to the facebook page and the blog, there are some posts in Hebrew, but none of the these "I love Iranians" posters. And all of the posts and responses are in English. The Israelis speak Hebrew and the Iranians speak Persian (Farsi). These are the official languages of these two countries. Yes I know that most of our international brothers and sisters are much more savy when it comes to languages and speak English as well as it seems to be the universal language, BUT if this were me, I think I would create the posters in the native dialect of the country I was trying to initiate conversation with. It just makes better sense.

So here's my question: Why did these people create posters in English?

Here is where my logic has me at this very moment:

!) This is 100% legit and it has all been conveniently translated for us Americans OR

2) This is NOT legit and the American people are being manipulated by either our own country, another country, or a combination.

I teach about "Missions" locally, nationally, and internationally once a week. I am also a full time student and will be studying at a local University next semester pursuing a degree in Biblical and Related Languages with a focus in Hebrew. I do not tell any of you this to say "look at me," but rather to show that I am familiar with quite a few of the geographic languages associated with different regions which is part of the reason why I have taken an interest in this "movement."

I really hope my gut is wrong on this and it is 100% legitimate and not a mere manipulation tool of whoever to blindside not only Americans but also the rest of the world. But I can't discount the side of my logic that is sending up a red flag right now in regards to the promotion of this "movement" in the English language. Maybe I am just misinformed and it was originally in Farsi or Hebrew, but that it just caught on like wildfire and it's being translated into English for us. Just my two cents worth. If anyone has an explanation and is better familiar with this, please feel free to enlighten me. Knowing me, this will bug the snot out of me all day.
edit on 20-3-2012 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by watchdog because: stupid gramatical and spelling erros...it's early

3. People outside of America are indeed multilingual. Given that they speak farsi and hebrew, it logically makes sense that they decided to use English (the 'international' language) to bridge the gap and reach out ...
edit on 24-3-2012 by phalanx001 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by Fylgje

Israel started off as shared land. The jews there already in 1947 before the leaugue of nations said it was OK fo rthe jews from Germany and Poland to move there. I still do not know why its so hard to understand that "palestine" and Palestinian was used by the Romans to describe the ,jews,and anyone living in that country because it was easy. The land was shared back then as well. SO i do not see how its stolen land when the name palestine was not used until the romans named it so. As for zionist. Isnt that a bit of racial slur against people of jewish descent? Not all of them are rich,and wanting to rule the world. Such blanket statements make you look weak and racist.

I know Palestinians who can prove their family history in that land going back 3,000 years and I have heard some can prove their existence in that land for longer... It is quite probable that many (not saying all) of the Palestinians in Palestine were 'Palestinian' and originally Jewish decent but converted to Islam.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Fylgje

I know Palestinians who can prove their family history in that land going back 3,000 years and I have heard some can prove their existence in that land for longer... It is quite probable that many (not saying all) of the Palestinians in Palestine were 'Palestinian' and originally Jewish decent but converted to Islam.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

You know that actually makes sense. If thats the case then the whole mess is manufactured by opposite sides of the same people who think their way is more right. Its such a shame though that the rest of the Middle east could butt out of the conflict to let them solve it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join