It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel Loves Iran' Initiative takes off......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This isn't gonna end religious tension that's been going on for two thousand years. This won't make a difference. Hate to be the realist here lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

LOL thanks so much Spiramirabilis
That clears it all up for me

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Thats the power of the true God moving-----

too cool

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

It makes a difference to those individuals I bet. Have to start somewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It creates some new good vibes and thats goood. Once good vibes reach tipping point then TPTB will be washed away. It's a good thing, lets hope for some more good things.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The anti-war sentiment t has to be at an all time high, not just Iran and Israel but for the entire world. If more support is shown then it will be harder for the elite to justify such an act.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Now THIS is a movement I would back up. Thank you people. I hope this grows into a monumental force. This will show those in power that greed will get them nowhere and that Love is the most powerful force there is!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nice to see social media being used as a force for good, rather than manipulation.

One day, the people of one nation are going to be able to communicate so effectively with the people of another that the concept of government will become obsolete. Maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Looks good on paper.
Even sounds good,
until BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
and it means nothing because you have
been killed by a nuclear bomb they dropped on you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Fantastic movement and absolutely necessary imo. Love, compassion, tolerance transcend man-made religious cults. There are only two real religions: one of god and one of satan. Vote for god and you will likely live!

I have no doubt some people high up are trying their absolute best to instigate yet another bloody war and perhaps even world war 3 as some great satanic ritual. Communism vs Capitalism, Islam vs Christianity and Judaism are all man-made constructs to divide and conquer. The same people control everything through money and should be exposed as the great criminals they are/were.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Looks good on paper.
Even sounds good,
until BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
and it means nothing because you have
been killed by a nuclear bomb they dropped on you.

People can create their own reality.

Your post breeds negativity and is borderline sadistic!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is what is meant by 'the meek shall inherit the Earth.'

Power to the peaceful!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Nice thought but how many of them are able to use the Internet from Iran?

Didn't the Iranian government blocked the access some time ago? (Assuming it was turned back on afterwards).

Iranians have internet access, there are some sites that are blocked from Iran but only a few. And yes you have posters here who post from Iran.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

You living/lived in Iran? What do you think about this 'electric curtain' Obama is talking about, he makes Iran sound like North Korea.

"It censors the internet to control what the Iranian people can see and say. The regime monitors computers and cell phones for the sole purpose of protecting its own power. In recent weeks, internet restrictions have become so severe that Iranians cannot communicate freely with their loved ones within Iran, or beyond its borders.

"Technologies that should empower citizens are being used to repress them."

Because of the actions, Mr Obama said "an electronic curtain has fallen around Iran - a barrier that stops the free flow of information and ideas into the country, and denies the rest of the world the benefit of interacting with the Iranian people, who have so much to offer".

Link
edit on 20-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Iran is home to the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside of Israel....

Wow, I did not know that, how can I wonder if the average Israeli citizen know that....

The average Israeli citizen knows it very well, after all the current or recent head of its Air Force was Iranian/Persian.

The other reality well known by Israelis, however, is that there used to be many more Jews in Iran compared to today, and many left after the revolution, and there are certainly more Iranian Jews in Los Angeles today than in Iran (and of course many more in Israel). And it's not really easy for Iranian Jews to visit their relatives in Israel. Though being a religious minority in a radical theocratic state like Iran is always precarious, they are likely less persecuted than the B'hai.

And that being the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside Israel is an unfortunate booby prize, the consequence of the Arab nations being more ruthless in their religious cleansing of the Jews who had formerly lived there. E.g. Kaddafi expelled the Libyan Jews and expropriated their property, virtually no Jews in Yemen, it's illegal for Jews to live in Jordan, none in Saudi Arabia, and none in Iraq. At the end of WW2 there were 250,000 Jews in Baghdad (where they had been living for 2400 years or so), and today zero. (Baath party was explicitly allied with Hitler and was pro-pogrom).

Many Israeli Jews themselves or have ancestors who spoke Farsi or Arabic as their native language.

To get back to the thread topic---in real human world, everybody is inter-releated and the world is far more complex than the slogans, and I deeply sympathize with the sentiment and hope that such can smother fear, suspicion, intolerance and hatred. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

edit on 20-3-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nice find!! Before posting this I contacted my local paper with a link to the facebook page and a short note saying that any awareness they could bring to this story the world would greatly appreciate
I am also going to notify our states largest paper. Just wanted to put that out there as something easy that we all can do to bring awareness to this issue. I can't imagine this being propaganda and if it is I'll did my best to turn it against them.
Thanks again

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I love this. I don't know why (some) people let their feuding governments decide who they are racist against anyway. Don't those type people realize that (for the most part) everyone everywhere gets up and does what they think is best for them and their family....that might be different things in different places but we all want the same thing really.
I hope this catches on worldwide. No one should ever be hated because of where they are from.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nice idea but it's not going to make much difference...

Check this video to see that this campaign will not stop this train!

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, dont know how to make the video appear properly, I tried [video] [/video] but this code does not seem to work?

The video is of a US train that has just started a journey to 'somewhere' but with that amount of tanks travelling at dusk, one could only come to one conclusion. A war is about to start, 'somewhere'...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by Jameela

You living/lived in Iran? What do you think about this 'electric curtain' Obama is talking about, he makes Iran sound like North Korea.

"It censors the internet to control what the Iranian people can see and say. The regime monitors computers and cell phones for the sole purpose of protecting its own power. In recent weeks, internet restrictions have become so severe that Iranians cannot communicate freely with their loved ones within Iran, or beyond its borders.

"Technologies that should empower citizens are being used to repress them."

Because of the actions, Mr Obama said "an electronic curtain has fallen around Iran - a barrier that stops the free flow of information and ideas into the country, and denies the rest of the world the benefit of interacting with the Iranian people, who have so much to offer".

Link
edit on 20-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

You have to consider that Iran is under constant threat of attack from US and Israel and some European countries and this is a real threat. Also, the US in actively engaged in sabotage operations in Iran (Stuxnet, etc) and assasination campaigns which they openly admit to. Your tax dollars go directly to fund groups like MKO and Jundullah who do terrorist activities in Iran (things like putting bombs in mosques and assasinating government officials and scientists). This is reality 2012. Both sides admit to it, publically. So if they are cautious they have a reason to be cautious, and they have a reason to restrict some activities.

That said many Iranians do not know English language. Due to sanctions it is not a priority as a second language because it has little if any bearing on trade.The restrictions on (some) websites are not as severe as you may think, the reasons you aren't seeing or speaking to many Iranians is due to the aforementioned factors.

What Obama said is only hype intended to make you think the people of Iran are oppressed, he is only attempting gain support for the attack on Iran, which the government has found gets peoples support if you believe the government is evil toward the people of the country. Yes there is some restriction on websites, but not to the extent your government will have you believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

President Barack Obama accused Iran on Tuesday of imposing an "electronic curtain" on its citizens and promised new U.S. steps aimed at helping to ease the Iranian people's access to the Internet, as a social media campaign designed to promote peace between ordinary Israelis and Iranians got underway.

Oh really? Thanks for letting us know, Mr Obama. I have two friends in Iran who say this is not true. Who should I believe? The lies that are being cultivated over here in this country as you build up your boogeyman to get your war going, or the real living, breathing Iranians who say this is not true.

This campaign is not a conspiracy, it's the truth. There will be peace haters wanting to tear it down and tear it apart..... because war, hate, genocide, lies, pain, and death is all they support. Their lives are not exciting sitting behind their computer screens in the safety of their homes. Nope, they want a war! It's exciting to them..... they want hate and suffering.

Oh how do I feel sorry for those who do.

The time is coming where people want peace and we don't care what psychopaths in power have to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join