It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood creates an abomination!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This must be stopped before it's blasphemy hits theaters!

The Three Stooges

How dare they? What are they thinking? I hope they are haunted by the ghosts of all 4 original stooges!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

i agree...terrible idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Could be worse, they could have remade an old TV Show like 21 Jump Street into a movie with...

oh wait.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't really see how they can mess up puns and slapstick.
Upset just because it isn't the original? Move on I say.

If anything, it'll make people want to go back and watch the original and thus spread the appreciation. I'd consider that a win if it mattered.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, I know, god knows, and the proof that Hollywood is run by the Devil himself is finally revealed. This horror should not be allowed to continue! I suggest an old fashioned Spanish inquisition!

edit on 19-3-2012 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That movie was surprisingly hilarious. A stupid premise such as that just has to be a comedy.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Even worse you could have Jack Reacher being played by Tom Cruise.

I never found the 3 stooges funny anyway so I dont see how they could make it any worse. 21 Jump Street has had some pretty good reviews in the UK, its been likened to Theres something about Mary. So might have to go see it

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I disagree, see, classics are classics for a reason. They should be left alone.

The problem with remaking things is that they aren't original, originality is a lot art form in Hollywood. There are thousands of writers out there begging for their ideas to be filmed, but instead we get regurgitated nonsense that ruins the originals.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If that isnt bad enough, how about this??? Lone Ranger

Compared to the new new version the yucky new version of the Lone Ranger

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How does it ruin the originals? There are so many remakes, sequels, and prequels that I pretend do not exist.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

That's exactly what I'm talking about. This kinda garbage has to stop! Why can't they just make new stuff? Why can't they leave the classics alone?

THE HORROR!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by MeesterB

I disagree, see, classics are classics for a reason. They should be left alone.

The problem with remaking things is that they aren't original, originality is a lot art form in Hollywood. There are thousands of writers out there begging for their ideas to be filmed, but instead we get regurgitated nonsense that ruins the originals.

Yeah I'm going to go with MrAndy on this one. If you don't want your nostalgia messed with then just ignore it. The originals will still be there... unchanged.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Nuck, Nuck, Nuck

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Because Hollywood writers lack imagination and cant think of anything new these days. Back before computers, and iPads, etc. people had to use their imaginations in order to entertain themselves, now people are getting lazy.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I saw this only yesterday, thought I should share it in here. A very rare "home movie" of the Stooges

This is a home movie by George Mann of the comedy dance team, Barto and Mann. George Mann and his wife Barbara Bradford also appear in the film. The original film was posted by Mann's son, Brad Smith.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

How dare they! It's an abomination! I'm telling you!

It's a cheap knockoff!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Did he just poke snooki in the eye?
I'm in.
Never was a fan but I think it was a very American show though. (UK).
I would ive this a watch, not in the theatre though, it can wait till TV/SKY.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Because Hollywood writers lack imagination and cant think of anything new these days. Back before computers, and iPads, etc. people had to use their imaginations in order to entertain themselves, now people are getting lazy.

Quoted For Absolute Truth,

In Which I Do Concur,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
How dare they! It's an abomination! I'm telling you!

It's a cheap knockoff!

But the Stooges knocked themselves off constantly. The original Vaudeville lineup had Shemp instead of Curly and when Curly died in the 1940's he was replaced by the guy he replaced who was eventually replaced himself by three more replacments.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

By definition, one cannot "knock yourself off" if this was true, Saturday Night Live would have had to end after the cast changed.

Mike Cerrone, & Bobby Farrelly should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking they could do this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join