It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU see a SHTF going down?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I agree but if we want to compare TV scenarios I think that a Star Trek revolution removing money from the picture is the most likely scenario. We're a long ways from that though, and some very bad things will happen before we get there. Eventually humanity will evolve beyond the bean hording tactics that we see now, or it will die.

Maybe that is what really killed the dinosaurs, economic collapse.
I would hate to think that a group of beings as evolved as we are would end our own existance over colored paper.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I don't know. But that was the great awakening for me. That experience. 9/11 was the red flag but this was the awakening. Personally it appears that some of it is post cold war era contingencies. The other side I see is a group within the Federal Government which seek total control.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would say a direct hit from a huge CME that fries the electrical grids and then chaos and marshal law ensues.
That or an asteroid or comet impact.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
economic collapse is 100% guaranted. the sooner the better in my book, the longer this system keeps going the worse it'll be.

i think its ganna hit fast and hard like the great depression but be slow and grinding on a day to day.
i don't think we'll be using our firearms much besides like 4 times a year tops for robberies, home invasions.
police will still be around and they'll be some of the biggest thugs around.

The people that do well will be immigrant types, people who are use to not throwing things away and fixing them themselves. people who have vegetable gardens and compost their waste. People who are already use to being poor. people who are willing to do whatever job they can find.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I was told how it might go down by those within the US Northern Command 8 years ago.

I don't really bother with theories after hearing it come straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

LOL! Nothing like dangling the carrot... Well out with it already...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnySasaki
I think it's quite possible the # has already hit the fan, and it's just taking a while for it to sink in.

This.

TSHTF way back in 2007/8, probably before then. Everything has been a cover up since, makeshift efforts to delay the inevitable and make the shock as little as possible.

The fact is, Greece is going to default. We ALL know this. And when that happens, there will likely be a run on banks in Europe, and there will likely be collapses of several major banks in the USA because of it too.

When Greece defaults it's very likely their technocratic government will be overthrown, which will start a domino affect throughout Europe. France and Germany will both leave the €, and it's likely that both governments will fall under the pressure from the public too.

In the UK, several major banks will collapse, creating a run on those remaining. The government will have no option but to take all banking under their control. That will lead to massive chaos across the USA too, with both our banking industries so connected.

Basically, when Greece defaults, we'll publicly see the STHF the way it SHOULD HAVE long ago. They've delayed the inevitable and made it worse through their panicked meddling. The bankers know what the deal is and they're squeezing the last they can from the rest of us before the collapse really goes public.

What am I doing to prepare? I'm watching the news while I work, and the moment I hear that Greece has defaulted, or a government in mainland Europe has collapsed, I'll be going to my bank and cleaning out. Then I'll be shopping for supplies and essentials.

By the time the rest of the idiot public has caught on I'll be back at home and watching the looting start on TV.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I'd rather die defending my survivalist retreat then in some fema camp by lethal injection! What your saying is embrace the lethal injection but then saying it is a waste of time to do the survivalist thing, why? If your going to die better to die fighting then submitting to them in your own drool on in some prison camp!

By the way your dream does not necessarily equal reality only one possibility. Dreams are rarely premonitions or communications they are usually just abstract rambling thoughts of whatever you are most focused on in your thoughts in life. Not saying they can't be a premonition and I am sure you felt like they were real however just look at the track record of them being accurate first in your own life and then in the many that people communicate in recent times and through out history. Most of them have not been accurate so I would not put to much stock in them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've always seen it as some sort of economic disaster. It could be started by a natural disaster or war but it ends by throwing the whole world into a super depression.

It would involve localized and regional shortages in goods and services. So think about no fuel, no grocery stores being open and basically no stores with things you need.

That's why people should stock up now so in the event this goes down, they will be prepared.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have a similar view to most on here it seems.

I see a SHTF scenario coming from the collapse of nations economies. The riots in Greece are what I see happening in more and more countries around the world as government cut back on social payments, increases taxes and slashes spending in vain attempts to keep themselves from defaulting. The cost of living will sky rocket, whilst the average wage will decrease. People will take to the streets to demand an end to greed (ala occupy protests, but on a larger, more violent level) some countries will become sudo martial law areas, others may descend into anarchy. Governments will seek total control, military forces will be deployed to try and bring order back. Homeless levels will sky rocket. Crime will increase as people turn to any means to feed, cloth and put a roof over the heads of their families and all the while the mega wealthy will continue to make their millions.

Yep, that's how I see it,

The fallout 3 fan boy in me reckons the worst case scenario, governments will destabilise, alliances will falter, one country will try and take what another has, nukes will fly, vaults will be filled for a few hundred years and we will be hunting mutants and bandits next century

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My worst case scenario come real, would be for the MidWest to quake and flood, per the predictions of one alleged US Navy Veteran Tim Spencer (ruralsurvival.net) in some YouTube videos of the "Navy future US map".

Here is a vid (not his) from one year ago. It was portentious and urgent, but luckily, it's one year later, and I'm still safe and sound. I have had repetitive dreams in the last five years, where waters are coming up to my upper level apartment window, so like 20 ft deep water and rising.

I'm not ready for any SHTF, I wan't to get a good clear message that things are really going down, beyond videos.
First. Stuff I can see in real life real time. Then........I'll try and bug out. Only then.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

The best prep is to try and be ready for just about any scenario....

Also, the best prep is not to advertise your prep...

That said though, I think that economic collapse is the most likely one, barring some major worldwide weather event.

Luckily, regardless of scenario, some basics stay the same...

Have a supply of water
Have a supply of food
Have weapons
Have knowledge and skills to provide for yourself and your family
Have a supply of needed medicine
Have some entertainment
Have a secure shelter

So, those are basically my plans...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join