It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused soldier has 'no memory' of massacre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by daaskapital

I was thinking about this and have a theory that involves religion , the locust army of revelation has 7000 thousand fallen angels with them and they are described to be able to sting someone . There have been lots of cops snapping and killing people and reporting not remembering or knowing why they did it . What if these inter dimensional fallen angels are stinging people and taking them over then releasing them after the carnage . Just a thought and I am not making an excuse for this guy.

this is exactly the reason why I hate religion.

bit specific, no?

I hate religion because there is a massacre of Afghan civilians blamed on one soldier and then on an internet forum, some bloke makes a reference to a locust angel army?

Very specific and odd reason to hate religion

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Won't forensic examination of the spent shell casings determine whether they came from the same weapon? Or, were those spent shell casings I saw on a report being picked up and put in a bag never to be seen again?

This whole sorry episode stinks more with each passing day.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There have been a number of other mass shooting incidents where the alleged perpetrator cannot remember the act. To me this is definite evidence of some kind of mind-control going on.

10-1-97 Pearl, MS, Pearl H.S., Luke Woodham, 16
"Woodham said he doesn't remember killing his mother."

9-28-04 Islas Malvinas Middle School No. 2, Carmen de Patagones, Argentina
--"(Shooter) said he wasn't conscious at the time he shot...."

3-2-05 Stewart County High School, Cumberland City, TN, Jason Clinard, 14
He shot his school bus driver six times, killing her as she stopped to pick him up. "He said that the last thing he remembered was watching television that morning. ...Jason said that the next thing he remembered was after the alleged offense. He said he was heading into the woods when his mother called him on his cell phone... at that time he "woke up" in the woods... He said he was surprised to learn he had shot somebody."

11-20-05 Tacoma, WA Mall Shooter Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20
“He tells us that he has very little memory of being at the mall and the shooting itself," his defense attorney said.

1-23-09 Fabeltjesland nursery/day care stabbings, Belgium, Kim de Gelder, 20
His lawyer... said that his client "had no specific memories of what happened in the daycare centre."

1-12-10 UofA/Huntsville, Amy Bishop, 44
"She has absolutely no recollection of shooting," court-appointed defense attorney Roy Miller said.

/

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
get the gun, get the gun, shoot, shoot, shoot

what happened with this guy ?
will he live to tell his story ?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I see he is also accused of defrauding an elderly couple of $1.5 million before joining the army - he has apparently been ordered to repay so that would suggest he is guilty as hell - which would then suggest that going to Iraq and Afghanistan spared him jail time (not sure of that though as not sure how the US justice system works in relation to servicemen/women).

All in all he appears to be a bit of a scrote. Not worth losing any sleep over people like this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
trying to play the pretend insanity card is shameful

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

There have been a number of other mass shooting incidents where the alleged perpetrator cannot remember the act. To me this is definite evidence of some kind of mind-control going on.

10-1-97 Pearl, MS, Pearl H.S., Luke Woodham, 16
"Woodham said he doesn't remember killing his mother."

9-28-04 Islas Malvinas Middle School No. 2, Carmen de Patagones, Argentina
--"(Shooter) said he wasn't conscious at the time he shot...."

3-2-05 Stewart County High School, Cumberland City, TN, Jason Clinard, 14
He shot his school bus driver six times, killing her as she stopped to pick him up. "He said that the last thing he remembered was watching television that morning. ...Jason said that the next thing he remembered was after the alleged offense. He said he was heading into the woods when his mother called him on his cell phone... at that time he "woke up" in the woods... He said he was surprised to learn he had shot somebody."

11-20-05 Tacoma, WA Mall Shooter Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20
“He tells us that he has very little memory of being at the mall and the shooting itself," his defense attorney said.

1-23-09 Fabeltjesland nursery/day care stabbings, Belgium, Kim de Gelder, 20
His lawyer... said that his client "had no specific memories of what happened in the daycare centre."

1-12-10 UofA/Huntsville, Amy Bishop, 44
"She has absolutely no recollection of shooting," court-appointed defense attorney Roy Miller said.

/

The incidents in MS,WA,TN,AL and Belgium all took place near military installations. The one in MS was just an air national guard, but WA was near fort lewis/mcCord air base, cumberland city is near ft. Campbell KY/TN, Huntsville is red stone arsenal, and SHAPE is located near dendermonde, Belgium.

Argentina I know nothing about

But if you want to play connect the dots...there ya go.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yet he remembered to get a lawyer or made sure he had one assigned to him.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Exactly. And defrauded over a million from a couple of pensioners before being sent overseas.

Sounds like a lovely bloke to be honest. I mean, we would all be happy if our daughters brought someone like that home.......right?.........right?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You get one under UCMJ......even if you have never looked at UCMJ you can learn that from watching, "a few good men".

Just like a civillian......you get an attorney appointed to you. You don't (contrary to popular belief) loose your constitutinal rights because you are in the military (you do get them somewhat curtailed). But if the MPs or Provost arrest you, you are entitled to representation....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Good point and one i admit i hadn't considered (giving self mental slapping). However, it still doesn't detract from the fact this blokes appears to be a scrote. Sorry but that is exactly what he appears to be.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thought something was suspicious about this when it came out he had two home loans and was a former stock trader and an E6 who had not made his promotion.

Not saying this info isn't accurate, but it just sounds strange. Usually stock traders have college degrees right? So usually this guy should have went into the army as an officer, not enlisted....maybe he either did not have a college degree or he simply did not want to be an officer, possible but kinda strange.

Then he had two home loans...again not impossible but I know the VA only covers one home loan per service member except under unusual circumstances....again strange but not impossible. So, how did an E6 get approved for a second home loan? Maybe his wife had a kick ass career....possible but unusual considering many military spouses have difficulties maintaining careers. These factors are just "out of the norm" for most enlisted military I have seen.

Then we find out this guy is accused of fraudulent behavior while employed for this financial firm.....sounds to me like this guy was involved in some shady business with money, and he got in the military to try to get around it. It all came crashing down on him.

The whole thing about having a few "sips" of something could mean multiple things......if it was alcohol, then that is wrong because although there is a healthy black market for alcohol on bases downrange, soldiers fall under direct order number 1 meaning they are not allowed to drink. Also, it could have been something like cough syrup which again is a no-no unless it can be proven he was sick at the time.

The lawyer is trying to wiggle around the issues of possible substance abuse. It will be interesting to find out if he was on any SSRI's or other mental health meds.

Something does not feel right about this, and I am not going to jump to the "manchurian candidate" hypothesis, but I am going to follow this one closely, the more I hear about it the stranger it gets.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense hat this guy would be chosen for brainwashing..etc.. he has a family, too many people to ask questions or speak out against something unusual.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

However, if one were to verge onto the conspiracy side of things, perhaps the accused was brainwashed, either by the army or an intel agency, and was ordered to carry out the actions, with him having no recollected memory of the matter

Not everything is a conspiracy. This whole affair is a great embarrassment for US and the last thing they would have wanted.
Apparently American soldiers have less 'turnaround' than in the UK and he didn't want to go back on tour - so quite possibly he was stressed and lost it. There is also supposedly a history of incidents with soldiers from his training base. As for his memory - either he genuinely has no recollection. or, on the other hand, loss of memory is a good defence when pleading mitigation due to one's mental state.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sounds like someone slipped him scopolamine. For those that don't know, it's nicknamed the Zombie Drug; it causes loss of free will and blocks memory receptors. Prostitutes in South America are known to use it on tourists; they slip some into an unsuspecting tourist's drink and can then make him clean out his bank account, buy expensive things, etc. The victim will wake up with no recollection of anything. Under it's influence it is very possible to appear drunk and jaded. It is also rather easy to afflict someone with it; it takes a very low dose to produce results.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The guy had enough sense to say that he wanted his lawyer right after the massacre.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why would the army send a man back into war, if he is this mentally incapable? Where were the other villagers while he was commiting this atrocity? How could one man accomplish all of this carnage, and no one tried to stop him? I smell covert/tacticle involvement. This incendent primarily seems to be aiming at destablization.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In another thread some one was talking about how this could be a distraction to Obama's impeachment.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Not necessarily what I believe but while I was reading this I thought that this:

Guy gets in a lot of shady financial trouble and get's offered a way out if he agrees to go along with something, maybe something like the mancurian candidate idea or something else that leads to this.?? Maybe a high profile distraction for something else?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10 This whole affair is a great embarrassment for US and the last thing they would have wanted.

Not necessarily. Two theories:

--Trigger counter actions by the Taliban so the military has an excuse to stay in the conflict.

--Use the public's disgust with the massacre as a cover to end the mission and pull out. Remember how news of the My Lai massacre turned even more of the American public against the ongoing Vietnam war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join