It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's rattling small Wisconsin town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Something's rattling small Wisconsin town

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Mysterious explosions. Unexplained shaking. Something's going on in Clintonville, Wisconsin, but nobody seems to know what it is.

The sounds -- variously described as rattling pipes, clanging metal, thunder or firecrackers -- have continued on and off since early Sunday night in just one part of the small town of 4,600, located about 180 miles northeast of Madison.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What the hell is going on lately? Between mysterious rumblings, massive animal die-offs and strange noises the only two things I see that can cause this in which there's a common thread are: the Sun and the magnetic field. And if I were a betting man, I'd say a combination thereof.

There has been odd rumblings from Hawaii all the way to Virginia (and other continents too) They have to have a commonality because I will not believe these are all separate strange serendipitous events.
Will be interested in hearing other opinions.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here's a nifty explanation:

The expert's best explanation is: It's "ELECTROMAGNETIC NOISE" being picked from environmental antennas from Earth's magnetic field. These noises are emitted from the North and South Poles and auroras and/or radiation belts near the South Pole.

This makes logical sense to me, but I've never heard these noises before in my 40+ years on this planet. I'm sure they're millions of people on this planet that would agree. What the expert failed to mention is... this is not a normal occurrence. If his theory is correct, then something in our solar system (micro) or galaxy (macro) is exciting Earth's North and South Poles to cause this strange sound. So, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as just a normal thing.

As our solar system continues it's journey towards the "galactic center", are these sounds going to become more common and with greater intensity and frequency?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Odds are, if they think they know what's causing this.....they're usually wrong.

But hey....we at LEAST know this is not a bunch of pranksters uploading hoaxes on YouTube anymore. This is a real phenomenon.

Mainstream Reporting Strange Noises Heard Around The World

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, compare your time frame (40+ years) on this earth with the entirety of the earth's existence (~5 billion years).

I'm sure you see my point that just because you haven't experienced this something doesn't mean it's in any way "abnormal". All a matter of perspective.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
Well, compare your time frame (40+ years) on this earth with the entirety of the earth's existence (~5 billion years).

I'm sure you see my point that just because you haven't experienced this something doesn't mean it's in any way "abnormal". All a matter of perspective.

Who used the word abnormal? We're just saying it's mysterious. Even thunder was once thought of as 'mysterious' until it was figured out.

It could be perfectly normal and we're just perfectly clueless.
And...it COULD be Mother Earth getting ready to shake off all the parasites too!

I can't help but correlate all these "mysteries" (aka=unknowns) with the Mayans calendar. Just can't dismiss the timing of it all.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Who used the word abnormal? We're just saying it's mysterious. Even thunder was once thought of as 'mysterious' until it was figured out.

Well, right....anything we don't fully understand is "mysterious". That doesn't make it "meaningful" beyond being any scientific phenomena.

And...it COULD be Mother Earth getting ready to shake off all the parasites too!

It could also be Mighty Mouse making too much noise in the sky. But it's not.

I can't help but correlate all these "mysteries" (aka=unknowns) with the Mayans calendar. Just can't dismiss the timing of it all.

Sure you can. Watch me do it right now. It has nothing--I repeat--nothing--to do with the Mayan calendar.

Don't take my word for it. I'll come back next January to give you a big "I told you so".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Possible a sinkhole appearing....as the land drops pipes, foundations, and eventually building end up falling down them.

We will know in a few days whether im right or not

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am curious about the strange things in Va. Do you have a link to any of that? I ask because I live in Va, and other than the quake and the aftershocks that have followed I hadn't heard of anything strange happening here, and haven't experienced any of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Possible a sinkhole appearing....as the land drops pipes, foundations, and eventually building end up falling down them.

We will know in a few days whether im right or not

I made a thread not too long ago about the incredible sinkholes appearing all around the planet lately. Now, sinkholes could be very common but just not commonly reported. So who knows. But interesting link to consider at any rate!
Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join