It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's rattling small Wisconsin town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diablo222
I've been a longtime reader here on ATS, but hearing these noises for myself - noises that I've been reading about on ATS for over a year - finally led me to post.

Anyone on here from Wisconsin and hear these sounds yesterday, too?

Alternatively, I see some folks from Florida...any chance you've heard these sounds - the noise in the sky here in Wisconsin sounded EXACTLY like this video from Florida:

Link

Are you saying you heard the sounds? If you did could you describe them a little more.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and im also very familiar with the sky sound phenomenon. I keep boh my eyes and ears open most of the time, watching the skys at night and listening for any trace of sky sounds during the day. But to date nothing out of the ordinary has been witnessed by me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There seems to be more breaking news about similar mysterious rumblings over on the Fragile Earth forum. If they are ruling out earthquakes, and apparently all other reasonable causes as well, we may have to consider Reptillian flatulence after all. Seriously though, this all is something new and unusual to chew on. Something is afoot with mother earth. We may have an unprecedented opportunity to witness an ancient cycle coming around again or learn that all our drilling and tunneling and bomb testing and fracking has had a cumulative effect after all. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Rumbling - constant, consistent - like rolling thunder or a distant freight train that's bearing down on you but never passes (and for the record, nope, no train - no tracks!). Every once in a while, the ground would shake a bit, like the sound of distant mine blasting (at 3 in the morning?? I don't think so!). With the intermittent distant "blast" noises came a bit of a shake. Not much, but you could feel something wasn't right.

The rolling just kept building and building and getting louder. It ended in one of the "booms". And then - nothing. Suddenly there's just the calm of night.

The next time I heard it, there wasn't any rolling, but the same, intermittent booms. Next few times? 30 seconds to a minute of rolling, then a boom - then nothing.

This all happened from about 10pm CST to 4am CST. That's when my shift ended, but the news reported one or two more booms before sunup. Then nothing...until - apparently - tonight.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by diablo222

How on earth could they speculate on farming at those hours. I don't know much about Wisconsin but I've been around enough farming communities to know those aren't typical farmers hours.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

You got that right. Early to bed, early to rise.

Farming....

What's next? Are they going to suggest area farmers are pulling all-nighters operating pile drivers?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This sounds a lot like the quake I felt in the West burbs of Chicago about 2 years ago. There was rumbling, shaking and a loud boom - only it lasted for just a few minutes.

You would think there would be major interest in something unknown like this.

Just curious, what is your water source and what are the feeders?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Just curious, what is your water source and what are the feeders?

The tap.

Pick-n-Save and - occasionally, back in the day during those grueling Law School exam weeks: 24-hour George Webb's.

Farming's never been my cup of tea!
edit on 20-3-2012 by diablo222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

This sounds a lot like the quake I felt in the West burbs of Chicago about 2 years ago. There was rumbling, shaking and a loud boom - only it lasted for just a few minutes.

I glad you mentioned that!

I was visiting a friend in the Western Suburbs of Chicago at the time (Oak Park, to be precise). Had just gotten back (we're talking early AM, pre-dawn hours) and walked up to the second floor when I felt it: BOOM!

The Chicago (New Madrid, I believe) 4-point something "bang" was an actual earthquake - and TOTALLY different! The glass on the table moved a half-inch or so, and the bang was so jarring (but less than a second) that I thought my buddy had dropped dead and fallen down the stairs!

The Chicago Quake had no lead-up of rumbling - just a sudden bang! BUT - this bang was 10 times the intensity of the Clintonville sound, and the sounds up here have been preceded by a few minutes of - for lack of a better way to describe it - rolling thunder.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here we go: April 18, 2008 - Magnitude 5.4, Depth - 7.2 Miles

The largest quake in Illinois (not saying much!) since 1968s Magnitude 5.4.

By contrast, according to the UW-Madison Geophysicist the "unusual activity" in Northern Wisconsin is repeated, of low magnitude, and at a "shallow depth".

Hmm...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I live 45 miles from Clintonville. Local news reports said the booms and rumbling was experienced from 9:40pm 3/18 off and on until 1:30pm 3/19. It started up again @ 9pm 3/19 and is currently continuing. Local news stations are on the scene (at least 3) and I'm sure they'll have video recorded of the sound/rumbling phenomena in the morning.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

I sure hope so! Don't fail me now, FOX-11!

At roughly 40 miles out, did you hear/feel anything?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Uh oh. Our great minds posted this within moments of one another.
I'll alert a Mod and let them decide whose merging with who, okay?

Great story though. Weird too!

This post is strangely erotic.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Nah... I'm in Appleton, right next to Rt.41 so usually all I hear is traffic driving by. Occasionally I'll hear a deep rumbling sound but its too faint to tell if its traffic, the airport, or some unknown phenomena.

One lady on the Fox 11 Facebook page said she lives in Clintonville and last night during the sound and rumbling her two cats threw up and her dog had an accident on the carpet (she said it was unusual).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm just wondering , if a plate is "cracking" , could that cause a boom such as the ones described but with no quake data? But then there's the rumbling....hmmmm

Just wondering , I have no experience whatsoever .

I wish this was solved , it makes people worry , the unexplained , could be something , could be nothing but one thing is for sure , not knowing isn't very comforting!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Standing waves at 1.45hz. That is my quick guess.
Looks like it is common in the area.
www.humanresonance.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's unexplained......

so it's aliens!

serious though, I think they are drilling bases or mining, or the water table is empty and collapsing!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Anything to do with this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
perhaps a result of fracking?..Dont they frack in that area or around there?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by camus154

They're not. I can absolutely promise you these noises are not Zeus ripping giant farts.

You seem certain of everything.. But really like the rest of us including the scientist you have not got a clue.. We are stuck on a small rock in a universe of infinite size and have a cultural memory going back thousands of years in a universe that is billions of years old...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join