It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's rattling small Wisconsin town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
wouldn't be surprised to see fracking in Wisconsin, but don't think they'd be fracking in Florida.
is there any gas/oil action in FL? I know there's some offshore (banned drilling, I think), but in the state?

You know, either way, this is a problem for me. If this is man-made (and everyone is playing deaf, dumb and blind) then, is that any consolation or solace (while they toy around with CERN and HAARP. Just two 'experiments' they let us in on)?

And if this is something unknown.....that doesn't put us in any better position.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by diablo222

The Florida link you inserted above (I believe) was the day before the Japan earthquake if I remember correctly.
Is HAARP heavy at work?

The closest earthquake was a Magnitude 1.4 (depth 0.5 miles) almost 500 miles away in Missouri: Link

Definitely not something we could've felt here.

And HAARP in general? Here's a link to yesterday's Induction Magnetometer: here.

Definitely not broadcasting at the 2.5 Hz level (compare to the graph from Japan here).

link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Human_Alien

Lol.....you love your conspiracies don't you H_A?.......question is, how many of the doom and gloom prophecies in, say, the last 20 years have actually come to pass?......I'm guessing approximately none.

Personally, I love reading about them, I love how people get all hot under the collar thinking we are living in the "end of days"....especially with this year being the "big one"

I wonder if, when nothing (of any significance) happens this year, weather the whole conspiracy movement will have shot itself in the foot?.......2012 is a BIG year for the conspiracy theorist!

I can see a lot of "TOLD YOU SOOO!!!" type posts/threads come January 2013

It's just what I was born to do I guess.

But I never take this doom/gloom attitude. I take this WTF is it approach and try to back engineer the source.

I have no idea what 2012 is all about but I do know for a fact, things are very unpredictable right now (especially with the Sun) and the PTB know this.
So how you embrace what's happening around you (whether we feel doomed, or left out of the loop or just inquisitive) is everyone's prerogative.

Me? I am after the source.

link   
It could quite easily be something perfectly natural and perfectly normal and still be unknown, you know. The "unknown" does not always have to mean the face of some threat, other-worldly or otherwise.

We're not living in the Dark Ages anymore, after all. We should have the grace and the wisdom to accept that there is so much we don't know, and that's perfectly ok. No need to invent any number of boogey men to explain the scary noises under the mountain.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

If your directing this post towards my reply about the Unknown you completely do not understand what im trying to get at.

No where in my OP do I say that this is due to aliens, or doomsdays whatever you want to call it. I find this interesting because there are so many possible explantations about what it could be that no one knows exactly what it is for sure.

The unknown is interesting to me, there is so much that human beings do not undrestand about our world or the universe we live in that I find it interesting. The unknown doesn't always have to mean aliens or whatever else you consider it to be.

I know we don't live in the Dark Ages anymore and we understand a lot more now then we ever did, but there are still unfathomable things that we don't understand and have yet to even find out about.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I have no idea what 2012 is all about but I do know for a fact, things are very unpredictable right now (especially with the Sun) and the PTB know this.

How do you know for a fact?

Yes the sun is quite active, but that fact has been widely reported by the very people you don't trust

What other facts do you have to the "unpredictability" of our current times?.....and when I say facts.....I mean actual facts

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
It could quite easily be something perfectly natural and perfectly normal and still be unknown, you know. The "unknown" does not always have to mean the face of some threat, other-worldly or otherwise.

What concerns me is the LACK of public concern from academics and scientists. Meteorologists, geologists, hydrologists, seismologists, physicists, etc...

Most deny that anything is going on, and dismiss the videos as airplanes, construction, etc - when many of these videos are taken nowhere near flightpaths and at 3 in the morning!

Those relatively few scientists who will actually take a look at the videos long enough to realize that it's not an airplane have no explanation!

Their response? Well, they're just isolated incidents, and since this is something that does not have a generation or more of scientific literature/scholarly research on the topic...well, without an academic study on the subject to produce these required volumes of empirical evidence, they can't even fathom a guess at what it may be!

edit on 19-3-2012 by diablo222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
The unknown is interesting to me, there is so much that human beings do not undrestand about our world or the universe we live in that I find it interesting. The unknown doesn't always have to mean aliens or whatever else you consider it to be.

Agreed. But let's all be honest here. How often here in ATS does the unknown fall along scientific lines of inquiry, and how often does it start veering into whack-a-doodle land?

That's all I'm saying. Before long, sure enough, here they come popping out of the woodwork.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

People are entitled to there own opinions no matter if you agree with them or not.

I respect peoples opinions, I don't have an answer as to what the sounds is made from so I like to hear what other people think it is. I never said I agree with all the answers and no one said you have to like what someone else says.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know we don't live in the Dark Ages anymore and we understand a lot more now then we ever did, but there are still unfathomable things that we don't understand and have yet to even find out about.

I completely agree with your cautious approach to the matter - and two days ago, would have been right there with you. Then I experienced it for myself. In all my years on this planet, I can honestly say I have never experienced anything quite like this. I have no idea what this can be.

Here's what I do know:

- It was not an airplane (no flight paths/flights in that area or at that time)
- It was not construction (been in construction, and never heard anything like that - much less after the "quiet hours" nighttime noise ordinances kick in)
- It was not fracking (prohibited by county ordinance)
- It was not rain/thunder (clear skies)

Most importantly:

- I know enough to know that I DON'T know everything...but,
- I know enough to know what I DO know. And what I DO know is that this wasn't anything myself or my community has ever heard before.
- I know this is a new phenomenon that does not have a basis in the current scientific paradigm. Sadly, those who are in the best position to know seemingly aren't interested enough/hardened enough to go against the currently prevailing scientific paradigms. Frankly, after seeing the long, arduous journey of those who dared to challenge a prevailing paradigm before them (Galileo, Newton, and Darwin, to name a few whose ideas weren't embraced until years after their death), who can blame them?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

People are entitled to there own opinions no matter if you agree with them or not.

I respect peoples opinions, I don't have an answer as to what the sounds is made from so I like to hear what other people think it is. I never said I agree with all the answers and no one said you have to like what someone else says.

Sure, people are entitled to their opinions, but not all opinions are entitled to no ridicule.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Sure, people are entitled to their opinions, but not all opinions are entitled to no ridicule.

Sadly, within scientific circles, even the most tame, seemingly innocuous ideas that break new ground/challenge existing paradigms are subject to ridicule.

To see why this mindset is endemic in that culture, you need look no further than the very thing that makes these "experts" experts in the first place: their doctoral dissertation. In order to receive a PhD, you must defend your dissertation.

And what is the first part of every dissertation? A "review of the literature" - an exhaustive discussion of all of the scientific research that has been done on your thesis, previously. And what happens if there isn't any previous research? To quote a friend's dissertation adviser: "Chances are, if you're the first academic researching a particular topic, either you're Galileo and are crazy enough to believe the Earth is round ("He was tried by the Inquisition, found 'vehemently suspect of heresy', forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest") or there's a damn good reason why no one else has bothered before you".

Nuff said...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm guessing a couple of the Reptilians farted, within the local underground base. According to Alex Collier, those things are 18 feet tall; that's got to cause a serious explosion.

They must have given them the extra hot chili sauce as a side with the human sashimi again. I'd be careful about going outside any time soon, you guys; the explosion is the least you'll have to live with. You'll probably die from the smell.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some good insights, diablo.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
While you can take each and every odd item from the news, examine it by itself, and find a somewhat reasonable explanation (or even say "I don't know"), it does get really interesting when it all seems to be happening within a short period of time. And yes, it is absolutely a short period of time in the era of human existance.

of course we have to remember that history and recorded history are two different things.

If nothing else, we've advanced to the point in technology, that the possibilities of what these noises could be are infinite on that level alone. We may never know.... that sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Again, I just say its interesting. Of course, everyone has always lived in interesting times. I can't think of any specific period of history that was boring.... What makes this one so special is that we're personally witnessing it (oh and tweeting it....)

And I don't know who brought up the Mayans.... but in context of the things going on in the aforementioned era, its just one more thing to add to the list. The doom and gloom prophecies are NOT always wrong. Last year for some people in Japan, it was the end of the world. Today, for some people in Syria it is the end of the world. Its all a matter of perspective.

Thank you to both of the people who posted this. I may have missed it otherwise. One more thing to put in my "the world is freakin nuts" file.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
The doom and gloom prophecies are NOT always wrong. Last year for some people in Japan, it was the end of the world. Today, for some people in Syria it is the end of the world. Its all a matter of perspective.

Well, yes and no. Yes, it's a matter of perspective; no, the doom and gloom IS always wrong. Unless one of these doom and gloom theories said, "But only to the people of Japan....".

But they never do that. That would be too provincial, too common, too small scale. What fun is doomsday if it's not on a grand! grand! grand! scheme?

It's always doom and gloom for someone. Every second scores of people die. That bit of perspective doesn't alter how the doomsday lovers are always, always, always deliciously, ridiculously, predictably wrong.

Everyone calm down and have some dip.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If you're looking for someone to give you an exact date then yeah, they will always be wrong. But there is still truth to it. You're going to die. I predict it, its going to happen, there's nothing you can do to change it. It will be catastrophic to someone. And in all reality the only reason anyone wants a date, is so they can try to prevent it.

Just prepare, and be aware. Prevention is impossible.

Eventually something will slam into the planet. Eventually the sun will explode. Eventually a new species will evolve (here and/or elsewhere). Eventually I'll be right on all these points. But if I claim they're going to happen tomorrow, then I'm just trying to get attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's been very warm here in the Midwest. In fact, Chicago had the warmest temp in 91 years. There was almost no winter too.

I used to drive up to a camp around there. There isn't much except a ton of lakes formed by glaciers.

I wonder if the lack of freeze/thaw upset the balance of things and maybe the ground is shifting?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
They're baaccckkk! I turned on the news and, whatd'ya know: the sounds returned again, tonight!

And what a day to be off of work!

Update WITH an interview from a University of Wisconsin Geologist.

And.......proof? Do we actually have SCIENTIFIC PROOF?

Thurber looked at a reading from a seismic station in Shiocton, which is about 20 miles away from Clintonville.

“What you can see on that is evidence that the ground is shaking in an unusual way,” said Thurber.

He then goes on to - not surprisingly - speculate that the phenomenon is caused by....farming.

At this hour????

And covering all their bases:

City leaders were able to confirm there were no mining or explosive companies operating in the area.

The U.S. Military also said it was not doing anything in the area to cause any sort of booming sound.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The best part of the whole story: the City Administrator called UW-Madison's Geology Department and couldn't get the time of day.

But...after CNN calls? NOW they're interested!

And...what's that I see? Could that be...hope for a serious scientific inquiry into this phenomenon?

“Whether their could be some sort of seismic activity monitoring that we could do closer to Clintonville here, we have no idea if we can get that equipment here on any sort of a timely basis, but we certainly will try to do that,” said Kuss.

Hopefully this thing'll keep popping up its head so that they won't suddenly lose interest and "forget" about this whole thing tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join