It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation versus "2012"; The great divide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I've just had a quick trawl through that "Doomsday vote" thread, and noticed two things.
One is that those opting for "Bible-related" were not offering reasons (because they weren't asked).
The other is that even they were not expressing a conviction that something Bible-related WOULD happen on that date.
Rather, because of the way the poll was constructed, what they were saying was "IF something happens on that date, it is more-likely to be Bible-related than something else." That is not the same thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

That's very interesting, the general perceptions.

How is it that on both sides, judeo christian and the pagan pantheisms, after thousands of years still exert such powerful influence on us humans. Even when the "tribulation" comes, they'll still be pressing for a "god" or something to worship.

And despite our 21st century apathy to things of faith, it's almost like we know there's another layer, of good and bad, behind this material world.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

It certainly bears out what somebody once said;
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing; they believe in anything".
(Often attributed to G.K.Chesterton, but nobody can actually find it in his works)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Rather, because of the way the poll was constructed, what they were saying was "IF something happens on that date, it is more-likely to be Bible-related than something else."

Thinking about this again, is there an elephant in the room here? Many people are expecting dire events sometime soon, on a political / economic level. Is it this that people are testing to see if it could have been predicted by prophecies of any kind at all, to try to get hold of it as it were?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

You know, I'm going to have to think about this one.
One point is that the "2012" expectation predates the recent crises, so it was something already existing, to which people could give a politcal/economic application.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

hi....the second post....about a 9 on the "worldly view"
there, foreshadower99

edit on 3-4-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

That poster misunderstood my intentions, but he had a little excuse because the original title was "Revelation AND 2012; the great divide". I had to change it to make it less ambiguous.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I remarked, in a previous post, that it wasn't easy to find threads on ATS making finding a connection between Revelation and "2012".
However I did come across the comment below;

There are many interesting parallels in the book of Revelations referring to a Dragon. The year 2012 represents the year of the dragon in the Chinese calendar. Maybe just coincidence.

This was from a survey of what various sources had to say on the subject; the fact that the proposed Revelation connection was so thin rather proves my point.
In fact the Chinese "year of the dragon" recurs every 12 years, on a repeating cycle, which reduces the significance of occurrence in 2012.
In any case, we could question whether "year of the dragon" would be an appropriate year.
For one thing, the Greek DRAKON is closer to a serpent than to a Chinese dragon, despite the similarity of English translation, so the "year of the snake" would be more fitting.
Or we could point out, alternatively, that the end of Revelation is the time when the dragon is defeated, by the Lion or the Lamb. So a much more appropriate year for that event would be the "year of the sheep".
Which all goes to show that this kind of coincidence is a very unreliable guide.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We are now within a month of the date which will ecide between two possibilities.
One is the the "2012" expectation is right, in which case the expectation based on Revelation is wrong.
However, as I have pointed out elsewhere, the "2012" expectation is so varied and mutually contradictory that only a small part of it, at most, can be vindicated.

The other is that the "2012" expectation fails, in which case the expectation based on Revelation is at least in with a better chance of being proved right.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

OK, so now there's a week to go, and I still hear that a few Christians are getting caught up in this excitement.
I hope that it's only a few.
It's a completely different religion, guys.
If you're a Christian, you ought to be steering clear of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So the day is about to arrive, or has arrived in some parts of the world.
Just recently there were reports of a "pseudo-Christian group" (correct description) in China being caught up in these expectations.
So, one final reminder.
This expectation has nothing to do with the Christian faith.
It is a non-Biblical religion- or rather, a coalition of religions.
Christians need to steer clear of the whole debacle. This is a New Age debacle.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I believe that Revelation is descriptive of the person Jesus and not predictive of specific future events so has nothing at all to do with the setting of dates including 2012.

edit on 20/12/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Yes, indeed.
That is the whole point of the thread, disowning any connection.
(The first person who replied thought I saw a connection, but then the title was "Revelation AND 2012" and I changed it to something less ambiguous)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by troubleshooter

Yes, indeed.
That is the whole point of the thread, disowning any connection.
(The first person who replied thought I saw a connection, but then the title was "Revelation AND 2012" and I changed it to something less ambiguous)

Yeah I agree with you...
...I am still limited with what I can post on an iPhone 5 while walking the dog...
...I will endeavour to do better

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join