It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Baby in Standoff With Police in Sandy Springs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Man With Baby in Standoff With Police in Sandy Springs

www.myfoxatlanta.com

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - Police in Sandy Springs say they are in a standoff with an armed man who has a baby in his apartment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just down the road from me. Hate to see stuff like this happen and hopefully will end with the infant being ok. Way too many crazy people hurting or killing children these days....so many in the news today! I really don't understand how someone can be this upset over a water issue. To carry a gun to the office and not stand down when you have a baby in your home is not comprehendible to me.

www.myfoxatlanta.com
edit on 3/19/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I used to go to GPC in Dunwoody, crazy how things happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You have to be completely gone in the head to hold your own child hostage
It baffles me how people can do things to children, especially parents. If i was the mother of that child, I'd be running in that house and f'ng that guy up.

Sincerely hope the child get out alright and the messed up guy gets some help =/

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

while this is a terrible story, does it really need to be posted in the "Breaking news section"? Its not exactly earth shattering news. Im sure theres probly 20 of these going on at any time in the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

while this is a terrible story, does it really need to be posted in the "Breaking news section"? Its not exactly earth shattering news. Im sure theres probly 20 of these going on at any time in the world.

Don't know, but it is breaking news. Pretty sure it's earth shattering to those involved....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Just down the road from me. Hate to see stuff like this happen and hopefully will end with the infant being ok. Way too many crazy people hurting or killing children these days....so many in the news today! I really don't understand how someone can be this upset over a water issue. To carry a gun to the office and not stand down when you have a baby in your home is not comprehendible to me.

www.myfoxatlanta.com
edit on 3/19/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

I am having a tough time understanding your position on this. You say that way too many people are hurting or killing children, but that has nothing to do with the article. The only thing this situation has in common with children being hurt are that this suspect has a child. The man has made no threats to the child or anyone according to the article.

I actually find this to be a HUGE over reaction by the Police. The guy waved a gun and went home. Why not give him a few hours to chill out, show up at his home, knock on the door and ask to speak with him and then arrest him if if need be. Instead, we are assuming he is insane and surround his house with guns pointing at it and him. Do we really have to wonder why he is not coming out?

That being said, something about this story does not add up. The article claims the man has threatened no one. However, it also says he pointed a gun at people. Pointing a gun at someone is a threat, so what is really going on here?

top topics

join