It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious sounds in WI reported on MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
looks like there is some credibility being given to all these reports of mysterious sounds around the US.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by geryon

Nice...I heard the sounds in my area a couple months ago...no booms though. I have been readin a good bit about "venting" and earthquakes in the last week and feel these phenomena have something to do with large seismic zones becoming active, releasing gasses and such. Could also be small meteorites entering the atmosphere and exploding. Nice to hear a reporter has firsthand experience with it now.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I heard two large booms yesterday in southern Ohio.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They should turn to ATS for the answer. I'm sure someone here could come up with a viable answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

While the Wisconsin sounds have yet to be explained, mysterious booming noises are not all that unusual. Recent media accounts include reports from North Carolina, Idaho, Tennessee and others.

Not unusual?
The sounds heard in North Carolina, Idaho and Tennessee were unusual! Since these "mysterious sounds" were heard in these places, now they're termed as being not all that unusual? I guess you can throw this mystery in with massive bird, and fish dying category. Oh, and lets not forget frogs falling out of the sky and this ridiculous weather we're having this year.

Maybe we're causing all these mysterious events because too many people are setting off fireworks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not just the US, to remember. All over the world people are reporting the same sounds.

I am personally in favor of the gas-release theory, which seems plausible in light of the earth-shift observations. (We are currently facing a proposed 5+ inch shift in the next few days according to some 188-day EQ researchers.)

It is excellent to see MSM acknowledging this phenomenon. But I'd like to draw attention to the MINISCULE scale of which it is being reported. They are only doing anything on it because of the enormous voice of the people.

IMO, this is front page news, and deserves attention and coverage far beyond the scattered article here and there. Unexplainable rumbling worldwide? Where is the investigative reporting? Why aren't witness on TV? Where is the commentary from world leaders? What are scientists doing to solve this puzzle??

I hear about someone's funny pet or some ridiculous criminal almost every time I happen to flip on the news...
It's no surprise that those clowns are hardly touching something TRULY interesting.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: some

edit on 19-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: some more

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
I heard two large booms yesterday in southern Ohio.

Noises in Ohio are probably Fracking... a google serach for 'fracking ohio'.... returned this...
earthjustice.org...

As for Wisconsin, this seems altogether more strange. I couldn't find any info on fracking in Wisconsin (no oil or gas), though it seems the state provides most of the frac sand used for the practice...
wisair.wordpress.com...

I also heard of similar noises being reported in Cumbria and Lancashire in North west England... I know that those noises were very likely fracking as reports started at about the same time they (BP I think) started fracking in the area. When i saw the article it immediately made me think of that, but it would seem there may be more to it. Perhaps somebody with more knowledge of the fracking process than me could add to this.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Every mainstream media report I have heard or read mentions aliens, every single one. Why? None of the people hearing the sounds, or being interviewed ever mentions aliens, yet there it is in every article.

"My bet is on gremlins," one Facebook user jokingly posted to WLUK's Facebook page. Alien machinery buried for millennia, countered another.

cnn.com

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue
Every mainstream media report I have heard or read mentions aliens, every single one. Why? None of the people hearing the sounds, or being interviewed ever mentions aliens, yet there it is in every article.

"My bet is on gremlins," one Facebook user jokingly posted to WLUK's Facebook page. Alien machinery buried for millennia, countered another.

cnn.com

Because: if you don't want the common person to take things like this seriously, you have your MSM reporters make a joke, a crack, or smirk about it.
When your average Joe watches their news program, instead of remembering the story details, they'll remember the subject......and that joke/smirk/laughter. And think: oh something to not worry about or take seriously.

WHY would that do that? Well, we've only heard and seen theories on what is making these noises. They can't admit that they don't know. If they did that, there would be panic in the streets!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well there you have it. USGS 1.5. Officially stated by MSM ABC.com.

We really need to keep an eye on this area. Just my thinking.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Well there you have it. USGS 1.5. Officially stated by MSM ABC.com.

We really need to keep an eye on this area. Just my thinking.

FYI:

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
So why post a little 1.5? Just so happens this just occurred in Clintonville, WI where there have been loud booming sounds for the last three nights. Sorry if I messed up the format, first post to this thread.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 05:15:57 UTC
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 12:15:57 AM at epicenter
44.627°N, 88.757°W
5 km (3.1 miles)
WISCONSIN
0 km ( 0 mi) NNE of Clintonville, WI
49 km (30 miles) NW of Appleton, Wisconsin
60 km (37 miles) WNW of Green Bay, Wisconsin
65 km (40 miles) E of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
181 km (112 miles) NNE of MADISON, Wisconsin

USGS

Quake Watch 2012