It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Detectives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey Guys, I'm going to throw a little conundrum of mine your way, and I hope you all take part, for my benefit mainly...but also for your own

The last 2 years I've had multiple medical issues, all of them rather minor, but together...a big cramp in my style.

I will try not to drag on, so I'll just give you a quick med history, Bio, and then my symptoms, you guys get to guess whats wrong with me

Medical History:

Age 16: Tender hips and Clicky Hip Syndrome. Still undiagnosed!! Although I suspect Ischial Bursitis.

And that's all lol.

About me

Female.
5"4
9st
Smokes 15 pd
BMI: 21
Drinks too many pints every weekend.
Exercises well. Maybe not enough Cardio though. I work everyday building core strength.

Diet: Not the worst could be better. I have spells of 3-4 days where sometimes just forget to eat. Not completely, but I might just have toast and forget the rest. I tend to forget the rest because if I'm stressed food is the least of my priorities.

Then I'll literally binge for a couple of days, on anything I can lol. I tend to eat filling carbohydrates, But I do make an effort to eat all my veg, and meats.

I drink at least 4 liters of water a day. Rarely touch a sweet or chocolate bar (Although I needed a daily fix in school) and I rarely indulge in fizzy pop...or anything with the word phenylalanine in it.

I guess the things I drink are good (part from the beer I know) I'd say my diet needs improvement.

Anyway your probably thinking the problems right there ^^^ aye. I know I need to fix up. But even when I''m having a good few months with my diet (which I have done) I've still got these problems:

Iron deficiency Anemia. (root cause unknown, raised on an Irish diet to, so its not for not eating enough iron)
Fast Heart Beat/Palpitations
Cranky/Irritable
Shakes (calm down when I eat, still there 24/7, get worse when I'm hot or cold)
Headaches (more recently)
Hyperhidrosis (started bang on 18 months ago)
Tingling (More recently in fingers and toes)
Tiredness (The lazy kind)
Lack of concentration.
Short term memory loss (An alarming amount recently)
Faintness (at least once a week)
Nervousness/Anxiety

Which leads me to believe one of the following may be the culprit:

Hypoglycemia
Thyroiditis
Celiacs

However, I also have some other physiological problems, that I hadn't related to the ones above up until now :

I have had chronic problems with my right SI joint coming out of place and being enlarged. That's literally a pain the butt everyday. And more recently In the last year had like strain pains on the insides of my knees. And pressure points in my shoulders/neck. That kind of point toward this:

Fibromyalgia

If you look at the pick, on that page, all those areas show my points of pain...minus the elbows.

So with that many options out there, I don't know what to think, I've brought it to this board as the doctors are really not interested and keep prescribing me Anti-Inflams/Painkillers....I'm aware anti-inflams will help the SI joint, But I took as many as they say I should I'd be dead!! So I avoid them completely, I have been doing physio for over a year now tho with no joy.

And its the first list of symptoms that are really doing my noggin in!!
I feel I cant be my self all the time

One doctor did suggest I might have Celiacs disease, but they took my blood 10 times for it and have never come back with the results!! Now they like to forget it was a concern in the first place.

Also, one doctor said I have a 1cm leg discrepancy in the right leg, that may be whats causing discomfort in the SI joint. However I have been unable to get them to send me to a podiatrist, because they just don't care!! My only question regarding that theory is, I was far more active when I was younger than I am these days, so what gives?

So I'm at a loss...are you guys??

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Those symptoms could certainly be hyperthyroidism. My wife is from Walsall (nearby where you are), and she was diagnosed with it when she came to the U.S. She's had her thyroid removed and is good to go now. As for not getting the results from your blood work, I hear you. We recently watched my mother-in-law waste away with cancer and the NHS was abysmal with the treatment.
Good luck! Ask them to run a TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) panel on your blood. It's a quick and easy test, and it could eliminate or confirm a thyroid problem.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How long have they added Fluoride to the water? not sure if it is it or not, but 18 months ago for one of the symptoms, and the "clickity joint" since 16 are a little worrisome. Have you been tested for a curve of the spine? Hmmm, have they checked your calcium levels?

I am not a doctor, but more info might be necessary. I think one of the threads here pointed to fibromyalgia (spelling?) as a result of fluoride poisoning. Even though you drink that much water a day, does it feel like you are still thirsty? I think this is another symptom of fluoride poisoning.

Just shooting from the hip here, and I hope you find the cause, and a doc who cares.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
first thoughts are to kick the ciggies out the door then also get into a balanced regular diet, some people are like mice and need to eat a little bit but quite often while another person can chew down on a steak and job done for 24 hours and get into the habit of keeping a general diary so you can see what you've done and eaten to see if there is a common point you've missed like 3 days after a rather large night on the liquuid refreshment
you always have chocolate etc

and doing stuff like that can really help especially if you have a good doctor who's willing to spend the time to analyze the results but they need the raw data to be able to put 2 and 2 together

also at 20 you are only just reaching the end of the changes of puberty generally so it may just be the final changes as you get set for the next part of your life

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I'm a bit worried about my back to be honest, I've not long come out of bar work, and trust me, 3 days on my feet and I can barley moved for another 3
...Don't mean to mention it out of place, but it my hips and back cause me issues in the bedroom department to...not good for a 20 year old!! lol

I went for an MRI scan last year and they diagnosed my L4-L5 disk as slipped, to be honest since I've been building my core muscles, that's rarely a problem. Apart from the docs palming my other problems off on that, which I know it isn't as I can differentiate the pain.

I always have wondered whether my water intake has made problems due to fluoride consumption..

Regarding the calcium, I'm not sure, I do have B12 deficiency; and brittle nails, if that's an indication? (The only dairy product I really eat is cheese, a lot of it lol)

Thanks for the replies guys, It's just nice to get some out side advice, I've just got to pop out for around 2 hours, so may not be able to reply as soon as I would like. Sorry, keep posting if you know anything I should

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I think you can take up to 1,000 B12 IU a week according to this link. However, I think you can get away with about 6,000 mcg a day. The link also mentions low intake of b12 might lead to anaemia and nervous system damage. Brittle nails... could be fluoride, but remember that nails and hair are made from keratin protein plus other stuff. (link; link describes weak nails, but I just used it for the protein reference.) Calcium could be involved with the creation of hair and nails, but I'm too lazy today to research it; and if it is, then fluoride could be "part" of the problem, as I think the industrial poison they put into the water leeches calcium from the body.

But, don't just take my word for it. Ask the doc if there is a test to see how much fluoride is in the body. Also, take note of any other advice given here and from a medical professional that is not in the back pocket of big pharma.

It's puzzling to me that they never gave you the results from that one blood test. Are they hiding something? Did they find too much of something? Too little and are not telling you?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i'd up your calucium level as at you age you're still growing so a pint carton of milk a day just to be sure but any change you make isn't going to be instant as for example it will probably take a month or more before the nails that are being produced today are ready for cutting

i'd also look at upping your silica intake (diatomateous earth - bad spelling i bet) but a spoon full each day can help as its not in most suppliments and anything you dont need is just flushed straight out (but the first few days can lead to some changes in toilet habbit)

but generally you sound like my mrs when i met her at about the same age so some of it you will grow out of and the rest is just down to good diet

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks guys, advice heeded...hopefully I can get to the bottom of this...I just wish the doctors would do the job they are paid to do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Anemia

A lot of your symptoms could be caused by that!
I have severe anemia and am on a heavy iron regiment (which sucks btw) after being tested again for it recently....
Ive been anemic since I was a teen.....and have severe symptoms because of it...many of what you listed...

with that said, be careful taking advice from people online
it is not wise since nobody knows your health nor your body....if you dont like what one dr. says, go to another, then another and so on until someone is able to help!

best of luck!!!
edit on March 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks GreenEL,

I didn't realize Anemia could cause so many problems

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Your doctor needs to do a full blood work up and check all your levels looking for the abnormal. For the joint pain give Aleve a try. I have a low Vitamin D level and have take a supplement, It took a couple of trips for them to test for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
alot of doctors now do blood work collection at the surgery so you dont have to head to the central path lab to have blood taken it just requires a letter from the doc's and turning up at the surgery on the required day and they'll take as much blood as needed, obviously it may take a few blood tests so they can get an idea of what your normal levels are but other than a small briuse on the inner elbow theres nothing to worry about

when the mrs got told she was anemic it was basically eat burgers/faggots etc and given she isn't a great meat eater to start with and those were things she really hated to eat but that was the NHS dieticians nearly 20 years ago so i hope they have improved a bit since then

new topics

top topics

join