It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Anti-Terror Troops Arrive in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the moment in the Battlefield 3 campaign where you come out from the jungle to see all those Russian paratroopers jumping out of those planes. "Can't go through 'em, no way, no how!" This really makes things interesting, not that they weren't before, makes it a whole lot more dangerous too. It's only a matter of time before the U.S. decides to send in their troops...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Afriggin squad of Russian sptznatz has got youse all spooked.......
As one sensible voice has posted, these are more likely for base security and helping evac russian personnel if it gets any hairier than its already got!
Russia can bluster but i think sufficient inroads have been made to assure they will at least be belligerantly neutral should SHTF in Syria.......
The Assad regime will be entirely out of any fabour in the world when the media finish making him the anti christ.....
Syria is next on the list.....like it or not some order must be played out before the main event goes down.......
Russia may not be able to side too overtly with material help even now....nor possibly would ey want to, to avoid loosing any after Assad face with a new Syrian goverment......As it looks bad already for the regime......
I am very curious to see how the gulf states with barrels of cash figure into this attempted coup.......
Bahrain, etc.....there are rumours of foriegn army troops, and the Syrians captured Turk officers already.....
The revolt should by any stretch have been put fown by now....The fact that it hasnt indicates the rebels are much more prefessional than we know as yet......think about it....
This is gone on too long to be any kind of SELF SUSTAINING revolt.....
Somebody is backing them with lawyers guns and money........

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I remember an Edgar Cayce prediction that spoke of Russia being the savior of the world, which was ironic at the time because of the war. Will try to find it if I don't fall asleep.

Very interesting times we live in.

~Namaste

ETA: Found it....

In 1944, he prophesied that China would one day be "the cradle of Christianity as applied in the lives of men." Through Russia, he said "comes the hope of the world. Not in respect to what is sometimes termed Communism or Bolshevism -- no! But freedom -- freedom! That each man will live for his fellow man. The principle has been born there. It will take years for it to be crystallized; yet out of Russia comes again the hope of the world." Russia, he said, would be guided by friendship with the United States. Its attempt to rule "not only the economic, but the mental and spiritual life" of its people was doomed to failure.

Cayce also predicted the possibility of a third world war. He spoke of strifes arising near the Davis Straits, and in Libya, and in Egypt, in Ankara, and in Syria; through the straits around those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf."

When asked in June 1943 whether it would be feasible to work towards an international currency or a stabilization of international exchange levels when the war had ended, Cayce replied that it would be a long, long time before this would happen. Indeed, he said, "there may be another war over just such conditions."

Source
edit on 19-3-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow the hypocrisy stinks in this thread. After everyone's talk how matters should be handled internally Russia rolls in and is praised for it. The truth is you want anyone but the US or West to do it. Which in reality is fine by me. I don't want the US to be involved either. But even now its not good enough you claim since the West is in there its good Russia is too, but the West isn't in there. You got no proof.

Your arguments have alot of straw and no proof in them. They just sound good because its against the "evil empire". You'll see how good things will get comrade enjoy. You act as if Russia isn't one of the most corrupt regime's on the planet. The only difference between them and the US is the US tries to hide their corruption. Russia doesn't care. Who is next Iran or Syria make up your minds. Who even knows anymore.

It seems we are all ready for a war. Lets do it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Well... If you are talking about people other than me fine, but I qualified my statements correctly. I suspect we are there. I think that my opinion was mainly formed when I was in the service. I noticed that we were in a lot of places. America doesn't take chances, as much as we make it look like we do...

That's why I think there are some coverts on the ground. OR maybe it's just contacts, but someone is helping these "rebels" out and whoever it is has some real resources at there disposal.

I don't know anything. In fact it seems to be quite hard to get any reliable info about what is truly going on in Syria. I am sure it's a mix of things. My senses tell me that this is shady business.

I would prefer if Syria could solve this alone, but I think there is too much of a motive for other parties to be involved at this point in the game. This makes me think the more the merrier. At least they can hold each other in check. I am not in favor of any one outside power influencing Syria. That's why I am glad Russia is there, since I suspect we are already there. Balance the equation, and make both of their propaganda machines weaker...
edit on 3/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So Russia is backing Syria/Assad which is nothing new Saddams WMD's were moved to Syria and now all the fuss could be related to them.

Here comes Russian Spetnaz to the rescue again where are they moving them to now?
Mostly likely back to Iraq since we are not longer there.

The brightside morons will now shut up about US involvement in Syria and calling for War.
edit on 19-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Some ppl fail to see the real importance of syria in the equilibrium of the region...

Shouldnt it be obvious right now?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seriously , what wmd in iraq ? go ahead attack Syria.NATO and USA will be vaporised in half an hour.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

The ones wikileaks reported but everyone ignore including you apparently.

Then there are numerous articles like the one below saying Russia moved them.

archive.newsmax.com...

another one

archive.frontpagemag.com...

So why in less than the span of 1 decade would one of the most stable countries in the region fall to civil war?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

The ones wikileaks reported but everyone ignore including you apparently.

Then there are numerous articles like the one below saying Russia moved them.

archive.newsmax.com...

another one

archive.frontpagemag.com...

So why in less than the span of 1 decade would one of the most stable countries in the region fall to civil war?

Wow a bush official said it, it must be true.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh good,the rescuers are here.Eastern troops at their best folks.If you don't like the way the US does things watch this.More later.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

newsmax??

wikileaks?? isnt that cointelpro

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Im so sick of russia

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Saddams WMD's were moved to Syria

How do you know? Did you move them yourself?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observ321
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Im so sick of russia

Really? You're sick of Russia...because..... why? How do you feel about America?

Anyways, here's the latest and greatest about this here issue. According to Russia they DO NOT have warships or anti terror squads in Syria

'Fairytales!' No Russian warships, anti-terror squads in Syria

rt.com...

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has rejected reports claiming that Russian warships visited Syrian ports.

Lavrov said that such "fairytales" are aimed at disrupting the mission of UN-Arab League Special Envoy Kofi Annan. He also added that a Russian tanker had recently entered Tartus, Syria’s port city on the Mediterranean Sea, as part of an international anti-piracy mission.

"The Defense Ministry has officially announced that a Russian tanker is currently visiting Tartus to supply fuel to Russian Black Sea and Northern Fleet ships that are working in the Gulf of Aden as part of counter-piracy measures, which also involve ships of the EU and NATO countries," he said.

Syria rejects rumours of Russian 'anti-terrorism' mission landing

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Syria's government has sharply rejected rumours that a Russian military unit landed on its shores to undertake an "anti-terrorism" mission in the country.

Russia joins the calls for truce

www.smh.com.au...

DAMASCUS: Russia has added its voice to growing calls for a humanitarian truce in Syria, a move hailed by the US after deadly clashes rocked a district of the capital near the heart of the embattled regime. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

edit on 20-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
So what happens now?

nothing.

the unit is for security of the Russian fleet units in dock.

You didn't read my post...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by TheMindWar

I think Obama has gotten a talkin' to from someone and he'll be staying out of Syria. With is failures in Libya and Egypt, I think the U.S. and U.K. are silently backing this Russian play. They know that Assad is an animal, but they have now had 2 firm examples that what replaces the beast is light years worse. If anything, I suspect that there will be U.S./U.K./Russian cooperation with SF Operations.

Forgive me but I must ask. How exactly is it that Assad is an animal? I have Syrian friends. The people like him very much and feel the rebels are bought and paid for from outside forces in order to destabilize their nation as was Egypt,and Libya.

Assad and his father have protected Christians in Syria better than the leaders of most Arab countries.

The Christians is Syria know what will happen to then if the Muslim Brotherhood takes over.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
So Russia is backing Syria/Assad which is nothing new Saddams WMD's were moved to Syria and now all the fuss could be related to them.

Here comes Russian Spetnaz to the rescue again where are they moving them to now?
Mostly likely back to Iraq since we are not longer there.

The brightside morons will now shut up about US involvement in Syria and calling for War.

This is why Don't like Republicans

Russia is backing Syria/Assad which is nothing new Saddams WMD's were moved to Syria

Really? Saddam moved The WMDS to Syria now? you know how ridiculous that sounds?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
now if this where true i think RT would have it front/top news of the day, but this is not the case, if anything it is saying not true not so and it is all a "fairytale" rt.com... from the link

'Fairytales!' No Russian warships, anti-terror squads in Syria
if it is true, then the US will be funding more freedom fighters, remember the Afghan/ Russia war of the 80's?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Russia does as it's told, if it came down to it they won't side with Assad!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join