It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 22nd is the WRONG DATE for the 188 day cycle!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Mother Earth don't need no stinkin calendar appointment book. Love theories that calculate patterns. Hate theorists who think it means an exact date.

If meteorology has it's predictive flaws, earthquakes & tsunamis have to be a list-topper.

Also, the Mexico quake sure didn't disappoint the 188 day theorists!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

It looks like the Mexico quake occured along the boundry between the Cocos and Caribbean plates.

Could that effect anything other than the west coast of the US, or is there a magic maze leading to the New Madrid fault area?

Sorry, these are things that I don't even know where to begin to search for.
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

Some of them....

But there's quakes everyday so we really can't do a +/- 1 day type thing....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lets just wait and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega man
Lets just wait and see what happens.

We can do that, or we can try to get as many specific details about the connecting faults, and plates, and IF something bigger happens tomorrow, we can draw a better conclusion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Clearly Payton Manning is more important.....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Peyton Manning is more important.. if you live in Denver. Like I do. Watching the press conference as I read this thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I lived in Denver for 11.5 years... That doesn't mean that all my attention isn't on this earthquake pattern...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
7.6 EARTHQUAKE IN MEXICO
What day is today again?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I'm gonna say that it's the 187th day based on what I believe to be the best method of counting, making tomorrow, the 21st, the 188th day. I very well could be wrong, considering I didn't develop the theory, I'm just trying to calculate the date.

But I am hoping that this isn't a foreshock as happened in Japan last year.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I lived in Denver for 11.5 years... That doesn't mean that all my attention isn't on this earthquake pattern...

Pattern? This is a fuzzy theory at best. You can't claim you know a pattern based on a few earthquakes, even if they do occur 188 days or so apart. Earthquakes happen every single day. I knew the largest earthquake that occurred within 5 days before or after this 188 day "cycle," it would be blamed on this youtube inspired theory.

Life goes on, earthquakes or not. You can't do a thing about them - I am not going to put my life on hold because an earthquake has occurred in another country.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Pattern? This is a fuzzy theory at best. You can't claim you know a pattern based on a few earthquakes, even if they do occur 188 days or so apart. Earthquakes happen every single day. I knew the largest earthquake that occurred within 5 days before or after this 188 day "cycle," it would be blamed on this youtube inspired theory.

Life goes on, earthquakes or not. You can't do a thing about them - I am not going to put my life on hold because an earthquake has occurred in another country.

My life is far from on hold, for one. And have you followed this theory from day one? If not then I suggest you do some research, because every 188 days the quake is alleged to shift the earths axis, as did the Japan and Chile quakes.

Not to mention I'm not saying this quake falls under this theory, I'm saying it's a possible foreshock to something TOMORROW.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You know.. if a huge earthquake occurs tomorrow, I may well jump onto the 188 day bandwagon. That would be the closest thing I've seen to a rock-solid prediction, and it would jolt me a bit, sure. Because 8 or 9 magnitude earthquakes obviously are a rarer event. And if one happens tomorrow.. that will certainly open my eyes.

But not holding my breath. I don't think a 7.6 proves anything. If an earthquake shifts our axis tomorrow, I'll be surprised... a bit stunned in fact. Not that shifting our axis by an inch or two means much. It would take 110km to shift our axis 1 degree. So.. the 1/18 millionth or whatever increase or decrease in our year doesn't worry me over much at this point.

Just remember... this has happened thorough our history. We used to be just one land mass. It will continue to happen for billions of years. We may end up being one land mass again in the future. It's not as if this sort of thing is impossible.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No reminders needed. I am kind of anxious to see what (if anything) tomorrow holds...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The New Madrid zone isn't a classic fault like the San Andreas because it doesn't lie on an active plate boundry. It's an isolated zone of seismic activity that is a remnant of the break up of the supercontinent, Rodinia 750 million years ago. It's basically a rift zone that failed and left a deep scar that was covered up with sediment.

So there's no chance that the Mexican quake would effect the New Madrid.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
The New Madrid zone isn't a classic fault like the San Andreas because it doesn't lie on an active plate boundry. It's an isolated zone of seismic activity that is a remnant of the break up of the supercontinent, Rodinia 750 million years ago. It's basically a rift zone that failed and left a deep scar that was covered up with sediment.

So there's no chance that the Mexican quake would effect the New Madrid.

If what you say is true, AND if this was a foreshock, then we can expect it to be in generally the same vicinity....

Just saying, IF...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
So when nothing happens tomorrow or Wednesday what will become of your thread?

Sorry, but that's just funny.

Btw, both of today's quakes were on the ley lines that were proposed. I am impressed.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot

Originally posted by Swills
So when nothing happens tomorrow or Wednesday what will become of your thread?

Sorry, but that's just funny.

Btw, both of today's quakes were on the ley lines that were proposed. I am impressed.

lol I been waiting on him, just off GP...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And what very famous fault is in the "vicinity"? Make a wild guess.......
If this is in fact a fore shock, then san andreas fault will be active some time this week, but that's just a "wild" guess, and hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

And what very famous fault is in the "vicinity"? Make a wild guess.......
If this is in fact a fore shock, then san andreas fault will be active some time this week, but that's just a "wild" guess, and hope I'm wrong.

In the geological/ley lines theory posted on youtube, Californias fault lines did come into question. It was either the east coast, new madrid, or the west coast.

That is interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join