It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUBASENLON closed 22-24 MAR 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
SUBASENLON will be closing ALL facilities including medical, Thursday March 22 at 1200 to Saturday March 24 at 1300 due to a security exercise.

This is a fact. They didn't do this for any time even after 9/11. Deduce from it whatever you wish, but don't try going to the CT Sub Base during those times. You'll get turned away at the gate(s).

Posted for the purpose of warning all retirees to not waste the gas to make a shopping trip just to get turned away.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Would there be a link to this press release?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
For those of us that arent American?
Whats this, a supermarket or an army surplus store?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by tkwasny

Would there be a link to this press release?

.MIL intranet notice. I haven't checked with THEDAY.COM or the Norwich Bulletin web sites yet today.

NOT FOUO nor classified info in any way.
edit on 19-3-2012 by tkwasny because: addition

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
For those of us that arent American?
Whats this, a supermarket or an army surplus store?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

All large military bases have stores that retirees and active duty shop at where we don't have to pay state sales taxes (but they jack up the prices to about 1% under if it was taxed that way to be competative but not make enemies of local businesses)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've never heard of this word, Subasenlon, is it a specific place or a general thing or what? Can you provide the exact link also?
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

A security exercise maybe, but I really doubt that any think truly nefarious is going to be going on. Naval Submarine Base New London (SUBBASENOLON) is in a populated area. If you want to do something and have know one know about it you'd chose a more remote and isolated location.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok, I guess it is the Submarine Base in New London Connetticut.

I guess it is our country's primary sub base.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sub Base NLON (New London). Is the primary US subbase. It is in Conneticut. While there are other sub bases around.... This one is the major one.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sub Base NLON (New London). Is the primary US subbase. It is in Conneticut. While there are other sub bases around.... This one is the major one.

Thank you I was also curious about what this is

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
reply to post by tkwasny

A security exercise maybe, but I really doubt that any think truly nefarious is going to be going on. Naval Submarine Base New London (SUBBASENOLON) is in a populated area. If you want to do something and have know one know about it you'd chose a more remote and isolated location.

The wife had a great theory:

Use the commissary and exchange to stage and practice response to mall terrorist hits here in the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
theday.com...

Never mind. It's all part of the Navy-wide, week-long, annual security exercise.

new topics

top topics

join