It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Blown Mind and A Classical Backdrop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Let me first start by saying that though I like to join in a topic here and there, my main preference is to lurk on ATS. I enjoy reading about the various subjects and in the year that I have been a member, have learned a great deal. I never thought that I would have anything personal to add on here but within the last hour I had an experience that has me feeling a bit.....squirrely.

One of the things I have always been fascinated by is the transmundane. The spirit world, magic, folklore, cryptozoology...you name it. I began reading about the stuff when I was a little kid and held onto the fascination, which eventually led me down the pagan path. I practiced for well over a decade before embarking on other spiritual quests. Once I had a family those things were still within my heart but I could no longer devote the time I used to. Over the years I always tried to keep in touch my spirituality and through a couple of techniques and meditations, have managed to hone my own energy into formidable force. I never got too deep into the New Age thing but did agree with a few concepts that have since been integrated into everyday life.

As I type this I am sitting at my desk listening to classical on NPR. I was sitting at this same desk when an object....the best way I can describe it is a coil wrapped oddly around itself..began to float by my face very slowly, coming in from the left. It passed by the computer so the shape definitely stood out against the white backlighting. Initially I thought it was a hair...it was about that thick...and maybe it was on an air current. Then I thought of a spider web hanging from the ceiling, so I waved hand above it but it continued its course. By this time I am still seated and just watching it. When it began to ascend toward the ceiling I started to feel odd about this object. I watched it go from floating about a foot above my desk to about an inch away from my ceiling...and I have high ceilings. It was hard to track but I managed it and watched as it slowly descended, not as low as before but still coming within 3 feet of the top of my desk and then it BEGAN TO GO BACK IN THE DIRECTION IT CAME IN!!!
Two things came to my mind...

"IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

and

"GRAB IT!!"

So I stood up...and went for it... couldnt get it. It went higher and it was at that moment that my husband opened the door. I was standing there wide eyed and gaping at the ceiling, trying keep the object in my sights.

"Do you see that??"
"See what?"

I was standing beside the bed and it began its descent once again...but this was no longer a coil. This was a perfectly round, perfectly black...dot. Far larger than dust...but far smaller than anything bigger than the head of a dressmaker pin. The ones with the little beads. This sounds insane to me even as I type this but as I watched that tiny circle fall I could hear my husband in the background....

"Enjoy your acid trip"
"Shut up! Im not insane...I GOT IT!!!"...I had waited for the right moment and closed my hand around it. Open my hand....NADA!!

This was an ordinary afternoon of me working at my computer, not under the influence of any hallucinogens and I have not had a drink in a loooooong time. One of the things I have been working on gradually is opening my third eye. I began the process as a teen and in recent years have begun to have some pretty interesting experiences....but this is a new one. This thing changed directions as well as shape on me. I have spent so much time looking for obvious signs and then something incredibly small comes along and throws me for a major loop. I dont know why I am putting this out there...but I felt like this was the only place I would not feel crazy....among my fellow tinfoil hats.

edit on 19-3-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Welcome to the "Did that just happen?" club. We see you received our membership circular.

Having seen a handful of things that I badly wish could be explained, but so far can't be, I hear ya. What hits me when reading your post is that this thing-a-ma-jig went from something threadlike - with all properties similar to a thread in its light-weightedness, ability to "coil" and clarity - to something opaque. So bearing this in mind, when I mix it with my experiences, the "coils" remind me of what I see before or after a full apparition appears. These coils are never the full size of the apparition - perhaps 15 inches tip-to-tail. The darkness reminds me of my other experiences with shadow people. Added together, we either have (1) something attempting to manifest and partially (or wholly) succeeding (who am I to assert there aren't legions of shadow dots in the netherworlds), (2) something attempted which you interrupted by trying to be all curious or (3) something appeared to be threadlike, however it managed to ball itself up upon noticing the all-encompassing hand of Ra swatting about.

Did this object seem to respond to the motion of your hand at all? At first I thought of some kind of dust or cobweb, but realized you'd have probably realized that upon closer inspection. I'm really curious about this.

It's funny how sometimes, it's the little unexplainable things that occupy our thoughts as if they were dark chain-bound specters.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

funny thing...I have pets so little hairs are always in the air and with even the slightest movement..they can be blown off course. This thing did not deviate from its path. I seemed to be moving around it as I tried to catch it. It didnt dodge my hand...I just couldnt catch it....and I have snatched flies out of the air (gross, I know, lol)

The initial shape of that thing is really bugging me. Its was like a mobius hair, lol.

and you know...now that I think of it...It didnt change shape until I started trying to catch it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You may want to get your eyes checked out, as this is sometimes indicative of a more serious health problem.
www.mayoclinic.com...

Seriously.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

I thought about floaters initially...but I was able to track this thing...look away and then find it again as it moved around the room. When I was looking at my husband I didnt see it floating in front of him and yet I turned and it was making a descent toward my bed from being almost at the ceiling.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

I'm wondering if attempting to replicate the circumstances of the siting might be worthwhile. I would replicate, accounting for all opened windows the day of the incident, and set up a control. Since pet hair is aplenty, try dropping it from a high spot to see if somehow an air current that you don't easily sense is at play here.

I'm not saying I don't trust your original assessment in regards to the eerieness of the object. I'm almost picturing a stunted double-helix. But things need to be ruled out.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Im actually sitting here at my desk in the same set of circumstances right now, only its a jazz backdrop, lol. Like yesterday, the windows are closed, curtains drawn...door closed. My dog is nearby today (wasnt yesterday) and I just borrowed a few strands from her. I took one hair and blew it off my hand like a kiss, dropped one from a feet feet above the desk and made an attempt at throwing one. All did the same thing....fell. Also, my dog is a Jack Russel-Schnauzer mix. Her fur is mostly white with a dark head and face and it is very straight. I think I can rule her out as what I saw was more of a brownish gold while it was still coiled. I also have a black cat...an American shorthair. He barely comes into my bedroom but I am willing to do a followup test with his hair even though he is not a shedder. I have ttried to replicate it with my own hair even...but its not that color and neither are any of the kids or my husband and considering that mine is now dreaded...there arent too many stray hairs escaping these days anyway. A dread will hold onto hair even after it sheds...thats how they end up puffy. So I will continue on this quest to figure it out, even its just ruling out what it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
You may want to get your eyes checked out, as this is sometimes indicative of a more serious health problem.
www.mayoclinic.com...

Seriously.

Yes, to be safe, see an opthamologist asap.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Smack
www.mayoclinic.com...

Seriously.

Yes, to be safe, see an opthamologist asap.

Bologna, those Dr Pushers will just tell you to take these drugs (eg: Opium - why we're in Afghanistan). Get on your knees and pray. Read books on it - include a cover to cover bible and avoid churches till you done your homework lest you get enslaved that way too - sorta similar to the chemical slavery games.

If it didn't kill you consider it a message to WAKE THE #### UP!

Edit +:
BTW, I've had one of those "floaters" since I was little. It doesn't change distance or have stereo-vision-location like you described.
Some people see ghosts, poltergeists and stuff like that... Spooks them quite a bit - usually leads to a "reading quest". The Unitarian Universialists churches are good support groups for that sort of "spiritual crisis" without calling you crazy or suggesting '___' flashbacks. The number of people who've had "paranormal experiences" is numerous, and it usually changes their lives. Mine sure did - 20 years ago (dreams, and telepathy and a bit of TK, stuff). Consider it a wake-up call - a suggestion to figure out what you really believe in, a new quest for learning.
edit on 3/21/2012 by reitze because: +

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
Get on your knees and pray. Read books on it - include a cover to cover bible and avoid churches till you done your homework lest you get enslaved that way too - sorta similar to the chemical slavery games.
If it didn't kill you consider it a message to WAKE THE #### UP!
Some people see ghosts, poltergeists and stuff like that... Spooks them quite a bit - usually leads to a "reading quest". The Unitarian Universialists churches are good support groups for that sort of "spiritual crisis" without calling you crazy or suggesting '___' flashbacks. The number of people who've had "paranormal experiences" is numerous, and it usually changes their lives. Mine sure did - 20 years ago (dreams, and telepathy and a bit of TK, stuff). Consider it a wake-up call - a suggestion to figure out what you really believe in, a new quest for learning.
edit on 3/21/2012 by reitze because: +
Spiritual Crisis - wiki

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

irsuccubus,

The first thing that I thought of when reading your post was nanotechnology and quantum physics:

Source

Unfortunately, I can't cut and paste external data on my device, but if you read the linked article and google "nanotechnology shape shifting", you'll find some interesting information.

My personal opinion is that there is a whole field of quantum mechanics which we are just starting to understand. Additionally, I also believe that our air has become "polluted" with the remnants of technologies currently being developed that we are only now starting to notice in our environments.

new topics

top topics

join