It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Tebow era comes to screaching halt as Peyton Manning goes to Denver Broncos.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
sports.yahoo.com...

Peyton Manning goes from Colts to Broncos; decides on Denver

An expanded report from Mortensen and Adam Schefter indicates that Manning called Broncos VP of Operations John Elway on Monday morning to inform him of the decision. Manning also called the San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans, the other two teams in the running for Manning's services, to inform them.
[Related: With Peyton Manning in Denver, what happens to Tim Tebow?]
Manning threw for Elway and a large group of Broncos and executives and coaches on Friday in North Carolina, and Elway was impressed.
"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C.," Elway tweeted on Friday. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there. Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."
Manning and Elway first discussed the parameters of a contract during a March 9 meeting in Denver, and firmed things up at last Friday's throwing session. Denver was Manning's first destination after he was released by the Colts on March 7, and the Broncos were persistent through the process when they had to be. Manning has instructed Condon to avoid any future negotiations with any other teams to avoid the perception that he's trying to get any additional financial leverage.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think $95-million is way too much. If he stays healthy, it may pan out for the Broncos. However, I have a sick feeling that this is going to be a very bad move.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You have to feel bad for Timmy.

on the surface it appears Tebowing may not bring things you really want.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
he Tebowed for Offensive Linemen and may have lost his job.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If Franklin is going to be the starting tackle, I have a bad feeling for Manning as well. He can't run like Tebow had to. With Franklin pass blocking, you may as well sign a good 2nd and 3rd string QB as well, because they're not going to last long as pocket passers.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

"This forum is restricted to discussion of the issues, personalities, controversies, conspiracies, and all other items related to the campaigns for national office in the 2012 US elections."

silly...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No wonder I saw John Elway celebrating Saturday night at a restaurant I was at in Palm Springs. He looked mighty happy and this is why

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know, but all I can say, as an Indy native living in Colorado, is that this is the only place I can stomach seeing Manning place after saying good-bye to the Colts.

That, and I can only dream of life without Tebow mania. However, my biggest concern is the renowned fickleness of Broncos fans turning on Manning.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Manning is a great quarterback but he's also been hurt so many times he's kinda fragile at this point. Tebow just needs to wait for Manning to get hit hard enough to take him out of the NFL for ever, or at least a few games.

Good luck to the both of them!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
God willing, Tebow won't be around to wait and Manning will be in full health.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Fragile?
He's 6'6" and weights 250lbs.
He has never missed a game prior to missing last season because he had 3 surgeries to repair his neck.
Every player, regardless of position, is hurt after each season. Many of them have surgeries to repair their bodies.

Fragile, IMO, is a poor choice of word.

The Broncos will do whatever they need to improve their line and bring in quality players. They realize they have a 3 year window and John Elway will do what needs to be done.

Not to mention, it allows Elway to get rid of Tebow without losing 75% of the fan base.

On another side note.....my Colts are going to be disasterous again this year.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm with you DIDtm. But now it's time to see if Luck is worth all the noise around him.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This should be in sports/entertainment section not the elections..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They may have been annoyed with the amount of media attention going to one player.

Tebow needs to remember that one player does NOT make a championship team.

You start bringing religion into sport, I would think your days are numbered on pretty much any team. Teammates don't wanna be berated with prayer on every play.

Maybe his days were already numbered, then Manning becoming available just sealed the deal?

Never mind, Tebow, GOD will find you another team, right? Absolutely no need for an agent.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Opinions are just that but he is more fragile than the young Tebow. Yes, playing in the NFL is a game that can hurt anyone anytime but Manning has high mileage already, so all it'll take it that one hard hit and he could be out. Hopefully the Broncos linemen are going to keep him safe.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This should be in sports/entertainment section not the elections..

Manning for President 2012?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Only time will tell if this Manning deal was a good one.

Hope he doesn't get hurt on the field and can finish his career in dignity.

I don't feel too sorry for Tebow. He is a winner. Wherever he goes, he will be a rock star but in order for a team to win with him, they need to surround him with solid enough players who can also get the job done.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the odds have to be pretty low that manning will return to form and stay healthy. tebow was starting to click w the broncos. if manning gets hurt or does not do as good as tebow did then what? the broncos are taking a huge gamble on manning!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
You have to feel bad for Timmy.

on the surface it appears Tebowing may not bring things you really want.

Why should I feel bad?
One more powerful hit and Peyton's out for good. What were the Bronco's thinking

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
However, my biggest concern is the renowned fickleness of Broncos fans turning on Manning.

For $90+ Million, I think the "fickleness" of us Broncos fans is warranted, if Manning turns out to be a bust.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join