It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Precheck...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
linkypoo

MODS:i know this link was recently used...but it was merely to duplicate a similar thread made not long before...this thread is to talk about something at the bottom of the article...the precheck system, which i have searched for and found no such topic as of yet***

TSA is creating a system for people to sign up with big bro...give em all your info..so you don't have to get violated in the lines before you fly...basically...enter our system or get raped by it. hmmm...sounds like they are turning the heat up on us american froggies really quickly lately...

Despite such strict security for this toddler, the TSA is offering background-checked travellers the chance to use special lines and keep their shoes, belt and jacket on, leave laptops and liquids in carry-on bags and avoid a full-body scan - for a price.

The TSA's new fast track 'Precheck' screening, now at two airlines and nine airports, is similar to security checks before 9/11, reports the Wall Street Journal.

To qualify, frequent fliers must be invited by airlines and meet an undisclosed TSA criteria.

A $100 fee for a background check is required as well as a brief interview with a Customs officer.

However, approved travelers who are in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's 'Global Entry' program can transfer into Precheck, according to the Journal.

'It's a completely different experience than what you're used to,' Matt Stegmeir, a platinum-level Delta Air Lines frequent flier who was invited into Precheck, told the Journal.

'It's really a jarring contrast. It reminds you just how much of a hassle the security procedures in place really are.'

The program can improve screening of unknown passengers if it can move low-risk people out of the main queues.
'We can reduce the size of the haystack when we are looking for that one-in-a-billion terrorist,' TSA Administrator John Pistole told the Journal.

Mr Pistole added that by studying frequent-flier histories as well as conducting background checks, he's confident the U.S. now has the technology and the intelligence information to make less-rigorous, faster screening work.

TSA is working with only two airlines, American and Delta, on program which is still in the pilot phase.

Precheck lanes are already in place only at nine airports including Dallas-Fort Worth, New York Kennedy, Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit , Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Minneapolis-St. Paul.

By the end of the year Precheck will be in place at 35 airports and six airlines, covering most major U.S. airports and airlines, reports the Journal.

edit on 3/19/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think this is just one of the few opportunities that we will be given, to either hand over our freedom or have it ripped from us forcefully. I'm sure eventually the procedure that one will have to go through if you haven't already completed a TSA precheck, will be quite an ordeal making it seem like the better option is to go with the precheck.

On a side note ICEKOHLD, I wanted to PM you about your "Do you feel it?" thread but maybe because I don't post often I can't? If you could PM me that would be great.

Many thanks

new topics

join