It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Didn't they say this before?

Anyone remember when an US aircraft carrier, accompanied by a UK Frigate, a UK Mine Hunter and a French warship, sailed through the Strait of Hormuz TWICE without response from the Iranians?

Made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why in the world would Iran Cut it's own throat? As I have said many times on Iranian Nuclear events or U.S. or Israeli invasions of Iran topics....Iran is in Violation of the NPT. It is facing new very damaging sanctions...and it is trying very hard to aquire a Nuclear Weapon. Thousands of Centrifuges prove this last statement without a doubt so if there are any of you out there who are going to say or have said....IRAN HAS NO INTENTIONS....nor is there any proof Iran is trying to Make a Nuclear Bomb.....you are deluding yourself and have not one IOTA of understanding what I am talking about so your better off not sounding foolish than say Iran is not trying to make a Nuclear Bomb....because THEY ARE!

To make even the most rudimentary Nuclear Bomb...you need Weapons Grade Uranium or Plutonium Fuel. Iran is enriching by use of THOUSANDS of CETERFUGES....an archaic way to do so...Uranium to weapons grade. This takes alot of time and cetrafuges....and there is no other reason that Iran would need, construct or as they have done....BRAG...about how many cetrafuges they have built and are working. All this money and effort to build an OLD STYLE A-BOMB that any KID from MIT could build in his sleep and build a THERMONUCLEAR ONE...a FUSION H-BOMB...not an old time A-Bomb that with current estimates...if they even developed enough weapons grade fuel...would be the size of a Large Truck....and there is NO WAY this thing is going to be placed on any Iranian ICBM. BUT....they could drive one into a port or Israel and detonate it...with calculated nominal yeild of 5 to 7 Kilotons of TNT.

By comparison...the Hiroshima Bomb...a simple Uranium 235 Bullet shot trigger to create Critical mass generated a 15 Kiloton Blast. This bomb named Little Boy weighed in at 8,900 lbs. and was detonated 1900 ft. above ground zero. The Nagasaki Bomb called Fat Man weighed in at 10,900 lbs. and was airburst at a height of 1760 ft above ground zero and used Plutonium 239 as it's fuel.
It used a Plutonium Core Surrounded by Conventionl Explosives which created an Implosion to create Fission which generated a 22 Kiloton of TNT Blast.

Both Bombs were designed to detonate above their targets as an Airburst creates more damage than a bomb of any kind that hits the ground as much of the explosive force is directed and absorbed by the ground in that case...so both bombs detonated above their targets.

Point is...Iran is trying to recreate a simple A-Bomb that the U.S. achieved in 1945 which weighed in at a great weight. Since Iran does not have the computing ability to know whether or not it's weapons design will work...it will most likely LIE and declare it has developed a Nuke....which probably won't work. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
didnt all this start when the US installed the Shah in the 70's, Iran's people overthrew him, USA fund Saddam Hussien to nerve gas Iran out, and they been a little bitter since, or am i reading history wrong?
Iran/Contra?
look it up

<< 3  4  5   >>

join