It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

You have to be kidding right? Iran would cut it's own throut since it needs this shipping lane to ship it's own oil.
They simply are not going to do it and if they do...or I should say try...they will be OBLITERATED at sea and their entire Airforce will be destroyed by the U.S. Fifth Fleet....as well as any costal Military installations. This will give the U.S. the reason to go in and secure all Iranian Nuclear Sites including the supposed SECRET ONES.

If you notice...there is a BIG difference in what Iran threatens to do and what it actually does. Pissing off the U.S. verbally is alot different from doing something Militarily. Iran would be not the same Iran with 48 hours of an attempt at blocking the Strait of Hormuz. I would hate to be an 18 year old kid floating around on a piece of crap Iranian Naval Ship....which would be the first thing to be destroyed in a timeline so short it would be rediculous.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

can you explain how many and which international laws iran is skirting?

Just asking because it would be nice to see a few references instead of just taking you for your word when you obviously seem a little biased

Nuclear Nonprofileration Treaty ?
International Atomic Energy Agency

Under the NPT, each state negotiates a safeguards agreement to the IAEA so the atomic watchdog can work out where and how to establish monitoring devices like cameras at declared facilities.

And that clearly hasn’t happened has it?

IAEA: Iran broke law by not revealing nuclear facility

Iran broke international law by not disclosing sooner its recently revealed uranium enrichment site, the head of the United Nation's nuclear watchdog agency said, Iran was supposed to inform us on the day it was decided to construct the facility. They have not done that."

And then what happened?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said his country has produced its first batch of uranium enriched to 20%.

And the what happened?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said his country has produced its first batch of uranium enriched to 20%.

Oh and what other peaceful nuclear programs on the planet are on millitary bases can you tell me ?

The facility is located on a military base near the city of Qom, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) southwest of Tehran, and is thought to be capable of housing 3,000 centrifuges, according to the officials and the IAEA.

Hmm sound like a peaceful civilian nuclear energy program to me,

All the sanctions have come into place due to Iran refusing to cooperate its not like the sanctions are there to force Iran into a war or blowing up a Navy ship ffs, you people are insane, to say "the world" is in the wrong here is absolutely ridiculous, it will be 50% enriched next in which case it will be for some other "peaceful usage" until its 90% enriched then it will be for a peaceful warhead,

Well either way i have no doubt Iran will continue to enrich uranium, continued to ignore the sanctions, break international law, and still refuse to come to the negotiation table, because they want one thing only, so i'm very much looking forward to the next announcement as i was looking forward to the announcement that they was indeed enriching uranium, when everybody on here was saying they're not enriching, or that there was no evidence of Iran enriching uranium,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Double
edit on 20-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Iran can close the Straight. Half an hour later, those ships will be sitting at the bottom of the ocean and cargo ships will be going through it again.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Iran can close the Straight. Half an hour later, those ships will be sitting at the bottom of the ocean and cargo ships will be going through it again.

And if we did do that we would be in the wrong. Iran has every right to close the inbound lane because it goes into their coastal waters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty ? International Atomic Energy Agency

Iran hasn't broken the NPT they every right to develop nuclear energy. The last time the IAEA was there all they did was as questions. If Iran was doing things like you claim then wouldn't they have done more than just ask questions?

Oh and what other peaceful nuclear programs on the planet are on military bases can you tell me ?

Anyone with half a brain would move their programs to a secure place when they have a terrorist nation murdering their scientist.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Iran behaving like an infant throwing its toys out the pram again,

I closed your thread once I read that, just thought I should let you know, many others will also.

Hi Evanzsayz

And thank you for biting i mean posting in my thread even tho you didn't want to, that requires real courage and strength, however i regret to inform you i will not be changing or editing the OP to satisfy anybody, it is my opinion and the opinion of many other to, if that offends you then you need to grow up quite frankly, if you want to leave feel to leave, nobody is forcing you to stay and comment against your will and you don't need to explain why you didn't read on further, but leaving comments to inform me your leaving is nothing short of a sarcastic dig & childish, was you hoping its was going to upset me because you didn't read on after becoming upset? seriously? well i have to tell you evan this is a first

Have a good day sir and enjoy the rest of the website,

link   
Double

link   
Triple, i hate this phone

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It should be noted that it is impossible for them to block the straight. It is IMPOSIBLE. They can't do it. They can disrupt it a little but they don't have a navy big enough to block the whole thing. Everyone in charge knows this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

And if we did do that we would be in the wrong. Iran has every right to close the inbound lane because it goes into their coastal waters.

Yes but they're not threatening to close just there side of the straits down are they? nooo tthere threatening to close the entire Straits of Hormuz down in response to the sanctions imposed on them because they refused countless times also to cooperate with the international community, the Straits of Hormuz is just 21 miles wide with a 6mile gap in the middle for shipping, half belongs to Iran and the other half belongs to UAE and Omani waters.

So i guess they are throwing there toys out the pram and making a threats to strangle the world economy,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Iran hasn't broken the NPT they every right to develop nuclear energy. The last time the IAEA was there all they did was as questions. If Iran was doing things like you claim then wouldn't they have done more than just ask questions?

Oh and what other peaceful nuclear programs on the planet are on military bases can you tell me ?

You totally missed the point or chose to ignore it,

Seriously, when has anyone said Iran does not have the right to peaceful nuclear energy? NEVER, and yes Irran has broke the law and the IAEA says as much,

The point is... even with there peaceful nuclear energy program they are still not complying with international law that everybody else has to abide by, anyone with half a brain know its to wrong foot and mislead the authorities in thinking they are much further behind on there development, because when such facilities are built, then you need to declare them and allow in inspectors and other such permanent monitoring equipment, but, with there next step (or rather a tandem step) being a nuclear weapons program, they are not telling the world about there sites or progress WHICH WE KNOW IS THERE!!! and has been for many years

Hmm its not much of a mystery as to why, and this is why they're facing sanctions for failure to comply, because they're lying and pursuing nuclear weapons of the back of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they have been caught out time and time and time again, and so have you Iran sympathizer repeating Tehran's same ole BS rhetoric time & time again,

Anyone with half a brain would move their programs to a secure place when they have a terrorist nation murdering their scientist.

*sigh*

And anyone with a fully working brain would know... NO NATION on the planet is ever ever ever in a billion years going to attack a peaceful nuclear energy program or a nuclear reactor, it so far fetched its laughable there is just no need to do so, there would be outrage from the international community and whats more is a nuclear reactor could never be seen as a threat/target to any nation on the planet, that's an undeniable fact you cannot get past i'm afraid... thats why you are talking utter conspiracy nonsense

SO... the fact it is on a heavily guarded military site is because they know dam well somebody is going to want take it out and try to stop them developing nuclear weapons, and what they are doing on such a site is something that would need to be protected, its more than obvious only someone with half a brain couldn't understand or see it

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

We have offered Iran repeated peace talks over their nuclear facilities. Iran's response is

NO! You can't see them!
Then after a little time passes and they have a chance to clear those facilities out....okay you can come in!

Doesn't seem very mature to me....

Almost...childlike?
edit on 3-19-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

LOL...
How come when the double moralistiq US demands
something EVERYONE must comply?!?!?
Dont get me wrong here, im not in bed with islam
or the likes, but im really getting pissed by US
and their turdbehaviour.

Lets have a trade:

US can see Irans Nuclear when iran can see Area51

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

You totally missed the point or chose to ignore it,

Seriously, when has anyone said Iran does not have the right to peaceful nuclear energy? NEVER,

The point is... even with there peaceful nuclear energy program they are still not complying with international law that everybody else has to abide by, anyone with half a brain know its to wrong foot and mislead the authorities in thinking they are much further behind on there development, because when such facilities are built, then you need to declare them and allow in inspectors and other such permanent monitoring equipment, but, with there next step (or rather a tandem step) being a nuclear weapons program, they are not telling the world about there sites or progress WHICH WE KNOW IS THERE!!!

Hmm its not much of a mystery as to why, and this is why they're facing sanctions because they're lying and pursuing nuclear weapons of the back of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they have been caught out time and time again, and so have you Iran sympathizer repeating Tehran's same ole BS rhetoric

*sigh*

And anyone with a fully working brain would know... NO NATION on the planet is ever ever ever in a billion years going to attack a peaceful nuclear energy program or a nuclear reactor, there is just no need, there would be outrage and it is a could never be seen as a threat/target to any nation on the planet, thats an undeniable fact you cannot get past i'm afraid...

SO... the fact it is on a heavily guarded military site is because they know dam well somebody is going to want take it out and try to stop them developing nuclear weapons, and what they are doing on such a site is something that would need to be protected, its more than obvious only someone with half a brain couldn't understand it

What about when Israel attack Iraq's reactor? Where were the weapons? Seems like you forgot that huh? It's obvious Iran saw what happened to Iraq so they built theirs in a safer location. And all you are doing is spreading the same old zionist propaganda with no proof to back it up. There is NO PROOF Iran is trying to build a bomb. the only ones saying they are is the Israelis. And everyone knows how they will lie to get what they want.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Originally posted by paradox

We have offered Iran repeated peace talks over their nuclear facilities. Iran's response is

NO! You can't see them!
Then after a little time passes and they have a chance to clear those facilities out....okay you can come in!

Doesn't seem very mature to me....

Almost...childlike?
edit on 3-19-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

LOL...
How come when the double moralistiq US demands
something EVERYONE must comply?!?!?
Dont get me wrong here, im not in bed with islam
or the likes, but im really getting pissed by US
and their turdbehaviour.

I think you're confused, The US is not making and demands, and did not make the rules up, the UN did many years ago, the US is simply the most powerful of voices voicing concerns over Iran's refusal to cooperate, many nations are calling for such actions be taken its not just the US, people just blame the US for enforcing them or because there the biggest voice, and just to clear this up... the US has never offered any peace talks wit Iran, peace talks for what lol? i think by peace talks they mean just talks over trying to get Iran to cooperate the IAEA, peace talks in that... the international community does not want to put sanctions on Iran but has no other alternative, and still it is a none violent diplomatic alternative to try to get them back to the negotiation table or, it would rather Iran complied with international law like everybody else does, the problem is the religious nuts in Tehran want a nuke unfortunately and the world does not want them to have one because it would make things x1000 worse in the region, or to threaten Israel with, which is why they refuse to cooperate and ignore the pleads, its not about peace for them, they don't want peace, neither do they wish to be part of the international community and being a good neighbor is not on the agenda, its about a rivalry as it always has been, its about destroying that neighbor,

Lets have a trade:

US can see Irans Nuclear when iran can see Area51

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What about when Israel attack Iraq's reactor? Where were the weapons? Seems like you forgot that huh? It's obvious Iran saw what happened to Iraq so they built theirs in a safer location. And all you are doing is spreading the same old zionist propaganda with no proof to back it up. There is NO PROOF Iran is trying to build a bomb. the only ones saying they are is the Israelis. And everyone knows how they will lie to get what they want.

Oh here we go i new it would be long before i was called a Zionist or spreading Zionist propaganda LOL, if telling the truth makes me a Zionist, and speaking the truth spreading propaganda, then yes i guess i am

I'm not the one forgetting things on here, i simply help people who have forgot due to the lies that they are being subjected t daily on here, and pleaseeeeeeeeeee, you're the one twisting and distorting facts for your own BS propaganda my friend, so i'm about to slam your BS right back where it come from

So... Lets take a look at the facts then shall we Pinocchio

On 30 September 1980 a a pair of Iranian Phantom jets, part of a larger group of aircraft attacking a conventional electric power plant near Baghdad, also bombed the Osiraq reactor, This was the first attack on a nuclear reactor in history, It was also the first instance of a preventive attack on a nuclear reactor which aimed to forestall the development of a nuclear weapon, though it did not achieve its objective as France later repaired the reactor

And then Israel bombed it a year later, i'm absolutely wetting my self right now, its so hilarious

SO IRAN BOMBED THE "RESEARCH REACTOR" FIRST, yeah umm that kinda knocks your conspiracy out the park wouldn't you say?

And lets not get over existed here, It was a small research reactor, NOT a fully functional nuclear power station, it was producing NO power it was a research reactor and it was fully supported by the west so don't go blaming anyone else know will you, i'm surprised its not the USA fault, french scientists worked there and the uranium was supplied to Iraq from the west, in fact a french scientist was killed in the attack on the reactor, so even if you wanted to twist this as a similar case as Iran's today you couldn't unlucky, its not even a remotely similar case, and Israels motives was EXACTLY the same as IRAN'S who attack it 1st just 1 year before...

Boom down goes your battle ship

No wait a minute, i have a new conspiracy... IRAN IS ISRAEL'S PUPPET? ZOMG

Iran & Israel are working together on this, they took out Iraq by tricking the west, now there both going to course WWIII so they can both get nukes? yes i think we have it it all make so much sense

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

bää bää little lamb...

Oh sorry....Couldnt resist..
Stupidity runs wild...
There are alot of conspiracys but i think a
conspiracy starts with a HINT of truth and
then grows..
US i belive IS bad..For the world. For the ppl
of the world and for evolution.

PS: Theres nothing more to this than Money and Oil...
Everything else is bs...
edit on 2012/3/20 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

bää bää little lamb...

Oh sorry....Couldnt resist..
Stupidity runs wild...
There are alot of conspiracys but i think a
conspiracy starts with a HINT of truth and
then grows..
US i belive IS bad..For the world. For the ppl
of the world and for evolution.

PS: Theres nothing more to this than Money and Oil...
Everything else is bs...
edit on 2012/3/20 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

Well then, perhaps you could continued and tell us all why you feel the US is bad for the world and for the people, and for evolution? the last part i haven't heard before so i'm looking forward to hearing that,

I would also love to hear why this is about money and oil, ? wheres the evidence?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yes but they're not threatening to close just there side of the straits down are they? nooo tthere threatening to close the entire Straits of Hormuz down in response to the sanctions imposed on them because they refused countless times also to cooperate with the international community

So I guess the USA is the "international community" now huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Yes but they're not threatening to close just there side of the straits down are they? nooo tthere threatening to close the entire Straits of Hormuz down in response to the sanctions imposed on them because they refused countless times also to cooperate with the international community

So I guess the USA is the "international community" now huh?

You do realize that to impose sanctions, such as the now many that have been imposed on Iran the UN security council has to vote on it right?

The UN ratified four rounds of sanctions against Iran between 2006 and 2010 in reaction to its refusal to halt uranium enrichment and co-operate with the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA). These sanctions include a ban on the supply of heavy weaponry and nuclear-related technology to Iran, a block on Iranian arms exports, and an asset freeze on key individuals and companies. Resolution 1929, passed in 2010, mandates cargo inspections to detect and stop Iran's acquisition of illicit materials.

And this is how the international community cast there vote

Each Council member has one vote. Decisions on procedural matters are made by an affirmative vote of at least nine of the 15 members. Decisions on substantive matters require nine votes, including the concurring votes of all five permanent members. This is the rule of "great Power unanimity", often referred to as the "veto" power.

Ok understand ?

So no the US is not the "international community" because that defeats the very meaning of "international community" and the many members of the UN doesn't it,

Feel free to educate your self further here
www.un.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join