It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

can you explain how many and which international laws iran is skirting?

Just asking because it would be nice to see a few references instead of just taking you for your word when you obviously seem a little biased

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
they are playing along as the west had hoped

next is a good old fashioned stand off

I bet Iran blinks, and the stealth bombers take out the nuke facilities

this is almost too good to be true for the west

could it all be a game ? both sides in on it ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In a way attacking Iran will solve two purposes:
a) Israel will get Iran without nukes
b) US will get a regime change in a US hostile, Russia friendly nation.

However, rebuttal are

a) Israel is already living under the shadow of Islamic nation having nukes i.e. Saudi Arabian secret agreement with Pakistan to supply them nukes when desired. So having Iran get the nukes will not be much different. Why is Israel so much paranoid. Also, has Israel fought any serious war with Islamic nations since Pak got its nukes in the early 1990s. We do not know how many nations will Pak give the nukes to if they want to use them against Israel. Pak is bankrupt, fanatic and anti west. They will be happy to oblige. Next serious war with Islamic nation vrs Israel will see lots of Paki nukes on the ready.

b) Regime change does not produce all friendly results. Ex: Iraq, LIbya and Egypt. All three places only little is different. Iraq, a silent dictatorship, anti US sentiments persist. Egypt, military still controls the power, election of parliament is a similar sham, crucial decisions will remain with armed forces. Libya, chaos, inexperience and endless tussles are what we see so far in 6 months. Not much difference is expected even after general elections.

End of it all, Iran is not oil drunk arab nation. Playing war with Persians is not recommened.

edit on 19-3-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
there must be something brewing in the air. gas prices are climbing steady a few cents every day.

refineries are closing. i believe the world's oil is running out. but how would the majority ever find out.

the internet is full of spam and ads. google is corrupted. webpages are sorted not on the value of the information, but the quantity of revenue is generates for google.

youtube, well, enough said.

our only window to the world, is television and newspapers. msm media shows have been bought and sold along time ago. serious reporters and integrity have given way to talking bubble heads who's only talent is reading a pre scripted teleprompter that they had no hand in writing, let alone understanding.

iran being attacked this spring. guaranteed. israel said they will attack this spring, with the u.s. or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by XelNaga
i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

We have offered Iran repeated peace talks over their nuclear facilities. Iran's response is

NO! You can't see them!
Then after a little time passes and they have a chance to clear those facilities out....okay you can come in!

Doesn't seem very mature to me....

Almost...childlike?
edit on 3-19-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

So the War Mongering Americans have offered Peace Talks - that's fantastic WOW those naughty Iranians should jump at the chance. The Americans have spoken - Iran hasn't caused any Wars for over 100 years now on the other hand ......
Who should be offering the Peace Talks?

America is sqeezing Iran Financially now, in a big way. Now we all know what happens when someone hit's your pocket!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is for inner Iranian propaganda. The government could not show that it is weak and so this is the reason for "next US ship through sinking" or "Hormuz blockade" seemingly weird declarations.
But this is Middle East. Not going to happen.
Iran blocking the straits or attacking anyone first will allow its foreign opponents to take it over completely and install another government. They understand it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by XelNaga

I guess you've been comatose for the past 8 years.

What do the hospitals do for cases like you?

The anti-semitic propaganda has really spoiled your mind.

Go on dreaming, the rest of the world will take care of this without you.

Do these links help any:
www.reuters.com ...
uk.news.yahoo.com ...
www.dvidshub.net ...
article s.cnn.com ...

What about this:
Didn't think so.

Try reading this then:
www.explorefaith.org ...
edit on 19-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Iran funds terrorist big deal so whats your point? America and Israel funds terrorist also. So pot meet kettle.

Iran is acting like the adult here are they illegally invading countries that haven't attacked them like America is doing? Nope

Is Iran wiping currently wiping a nation off the map like Israel is doing with Palestine? Nope

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

So the War Mongering Americans have offered Peace Talks - that's fantastic WOW those naughty Iranians should jump at the chance. The Americans have spoken - Iran hasn't caused any Wars for over 100 years now on the other hand ......

America is sqeezing Iran Financially now, in a big way. Now we all know what happens when someone hit's your pocket!

I see the same straw man arguments used over and over by Iranian sympathizers.

Iran is not following the treaty that they SIGNED and AGREED to.
Bottom line.

If they don't want military action taken, they have been given numerous warnings and offerings for diplomatic solutions, none of which they are cooperating with.

Cry me a freaking river son!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Little to no reason? seriously?

Seems to me Iran is constantly ignoring international law every nation on the planet abides by, but them of course, when action is taking in the form of sanctions to bring them to the table they simply throw there toy out the pram because they cannot have what they want (nukes to threaten the region)

What that? you want to kill everyone in Israel, sure you can have nukes carry on... that would be pretty irresponsible of the international communities, would also make the problem x1000 worse
edit on 19-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

Since when does the United States adhere to International Law? Last time I checked, we don't even allow IAEA inspectors in to look at our nukes and nuclear weapon tech. Ah, neither does Israel! So the two nations who are accusing, that Iran is not following the rules, don't follow the rules either! Surely we should be attacked by UN troops to save the world from the crazy American's!

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

But don't they already have the means for peaceful nuclear energy? erm yes they do, that is not the issue here, problem is they're enriching uranium beyond the current 20% which they have at this moment in time, which is well over what you need for nuclear energy, they're quite obviously enriching uranium for a nuclear bomb

which is obviously why nobody is aloud in to inspect,

Care to show me proof that they're enriching Uranium beyond 20%? I've been following the subject for a bit and haven't seen any proof of Iran enriching past 20% (isn't it 15-20% for medical usage of some sort?).

Your username is quite misleading, as a warrior of light, should you not be spreading love and truth? It seems you're spreading a lot of biased hate towards a country you seem to know nothing about. I mean, you're advocating the extermination of hundreds of thousands of people, like you or I, all on the basis of what?

You heard that someone heard, that someone wrote, that a country (whose boarders are surrounded by the "greatest military in the world" (who has nukes) and the other accuser also has hundreds of nukes) might possibly be enriching Uranium past 20%, which is just barely enough for something like a "suitcase bomb." So these evil people must be stopped, god forbid that they have the ability to defend their country and their people from the surrounding forces who have decimated the region.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Is Iran wiping currently wiping a nation off the map like Israel is doing with Palestine? Nope

Actually Iran is wiping a nation of the map just as Israel does. Which means - neither wipes out noone.
Are there much more Palestinians now then before 1948? Yes.
Where there Palestinian independent nation ever? No.
Is there now Palestinian autonomy and Palestinian government in Gaza? Yes.
Is it wiping out? One needs to be brainwashed to say yes.
Oh, and if you going to post the green maps, tell me who owned the deserts...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I remember when this started and they said if any ship passes through the strait they will take action and "are not in the business of warning twice"

buncha pussies if you ask me.

No they are not , they are volunteering the children for suicide missions right now . After a half hour of lessons they will strap the kids they volunteered to a bomb laden jet ski and off they go to martydom . When it is all said and done they will set up another blood red fountain to show how. Rave these children that were volunteered to die for the old farts running the country.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

we are cutting them off from the rest of the world

Like this?

Sympathizer? No, just appreciate (semi?)balanced perspective.
edit on 19-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: pic size

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Actually Iran is wiping a nation of the map just as Israel does. Which means - neither wipes out noone.
Are there much more Palestinians now then before 1948? Yes.
Where there Palestinian independent nation ever? No.
Is there now Palestinian autonomy and Palestinian government in Gaza? Yes.
Is it wiping out? One needs to be brainwashed to say yes.
Oh, and if you going to post the green maps, tell me who owned the deserts...

What nation is Iran wiping off the map?
How do you know there are more people now than in 48? Link to an accurate census please.
Yes there is government in Gaza and Palestine what little bit of Gaza and Palestine that is left that is.
And one has to be brainwashed to not see it being wiped out.

Who owned the deserts? I would say the people that have been living there for over a thousand years.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yeah.Green map. You are the one brainwashed by colors and labels. It has in white land owned by Palestinain Jews and in green land not owned by Palestinian Jews. This is it. It does not show what land other Palestinians owned at all.

Who owned the deserts? I would say the people that have been living there for over a thousand years.

There was no one living in the deserts for over a thousand of years simply because it was visited by migrating Bedouin tribes. Nomad tribes. And nomads do not own land and do not stay in one place, as you can understand from the definition. And yet it is green - because it was not owned by Palestinian Jews. Who lived in the area prior to 1948 too and have the same rights for those places nobody owned as the rest of Palestinians and yet your map lies.
Why it shows land that is owned by Israeli government as white while land that was owned by British mandate as green?
Also, it shows in white land owned by Israeli Arabs. That is shown in green as non Jewish land and it is still non Jewish land. In Israel. Just as it was non-Jewish in British Palestine.

edit on 19-3-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: Forgot to add

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Iran behaving like an infant throwing its toys out the pram again,

I closed your thread once I read that, just thought I should let you know, many others will also.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
If Iran closes the straight ... they will find out just how accurate the US arsenal is .... and just how many aircraft are maintained on a Carrier.

edit on 19-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

You're probably right. But the US would have no right to do that legally. Nor would they have moral authority to do so. US can hardly say that it is a bastion of freedom and an example for the world to follow.

So once again the US Government decides... Oh wait do they even decide anymore? Who does the US Army and government work for now anyway? It doesn't matter because they would just continue to cause the countless deaths of innocent men, women and children, which has been going on for decades, from administration to administration. It never ends.

Yeah, and Iran's to blame. Sure....

edit on 19-3-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

If Iran closes the straight ... they will find out just how accurate the US arsenal is .... and just how many aircraft are maintained on a Carrier.

You're probably right. But the US would have no right to do that legally.

They have every right to maintain freedom of navigation on the high seas.

Nor would they have moral authority to do so.

they sure as heck would as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

You're probably right. But the US would have no right to do that legally.

They have every right to maintain freedom of navigation on the high seas.

Nor would they have moral authority to do so.

they sure as heck would as far as I'm concerned.

The US doesn't own the Strait of Hormuz. Perhaps if the UAE intervened and ask the US to come to their side... But it's hardly the high seas and the US's right to "Defend it"

Also, I'm afraid I can no longer take any of your posts seriously as you believe in America as a moral authority. Not that you have to believe what I believe, it's just that your stance is so delusional.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

I see the same straw man arguments used over and over by Iranian sympathizers.

Iran is not following the treaty that they SIGNED and AGREED to.
Bottom line.

If they don't want military action taken, they have been given numerous warnings and offerings for diplomatic solutions, none of which they are cooperating with.

Cry me a freaking river son!

Not particularly an Iranian Sympathizer however, I do like to face facts and if you want to look at what Americans have signed and agreed to - I think you may face up to a few.

Why should Iran cooperate?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by XelNaga
The last time American sanctions or blockades led to war, it led to what history calls the "unprovoked" attack on Pearl Harbour. USA Navy was blockading the Japanese islands at the time, it was hardly "unprovoked".

I'm positive that history will record any attack on US interests by Iran "unprovoked".

The US imposed an oil embargo on Japan because the Imperial Japanese Army was running amok in Manchuria and had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Chinese civilians.

Japan attacked Pearl Harbor with the intent to neutralize the Pacific 7th fleet so they could seize the resources of southeast Asia unopposed ( Japan invaded the Philippines a few hours after the attack on Pearl harbor.)

The U.S. Naval blockade of the Japanese home Islands happened much later in the war.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: Sp

LOL caught him out red handed there, well done

Those darn conspiracy theorists and Anti-West bashers will do just about anything to make there story's fit even if it means they have to lie through there teeth and re-write history for the conspiracy to work, all in order to convince the misinformed gullible idiots, keep your eyes pealed on here there all at it, you'll spent most of your time here laughing and being a history teacher for people who live outside the west, or are the gullible idiots who have been convinced,

Over the past few years they have obviously been looking back to see what they can twist, distort and rewrite, to incorporate it into there conspiracy, so now on ATS, this is considered fact and saying so will gain you 20
+ stars, the US dropped the atom bomb on japan "after" Japan surrendered, yes after they did it out of spite... hilarious huh, and they also provoked peal harbor in order to enter the war Japan, with blockades that happened years later, its kinda like heads i win tales you lose,

They really are a bunch of try hards

edit on 20-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join