It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran "Will Retaliate" In Response To SWIFT (Strait of Hormuz)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by paradox

You're forgetting Israel's undeclared nukes? lol

Israel didn't sign an international treaty....

So you people would stop whining if Iran would leave the NPT or would you cry louder? I'm thinking you would cry louder.

Wait, why are you backtracking and changing the subject here?
That is irrelevant to the fact that they signed a treaty, and are not following through.

I'm not changing the subject. Why would they sign the treaty if they wanted nucelar weapons? Why just not sign at all and build them like Israel. Seems like every time nuke inspectors come, people are assassinated or places blow up every time they leave. I wouldn't let these people anywhere near my sites, and I especially wouldn't give them free reign over the country to go anywhere they want. They are nothing but spies for the west in my book.
edit on 19-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

The last time American sanctions or blockades led to war, it led to what history calls the "unprovoked" attack on Pearl Harbour. USA Navy was blockading the Japanese islands at the time, it was hardly "unprovoked".

I'm positive that history will record any attack on US interests by Iran "unprovoked".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
Seriously, the solution is not give Iran nukes no matter how much you hate the west,

I couldn't give a f*** about Iran & Israels squabbles but giving them both nukes is dumb

Iran doesn't have them yet, Israel does, as does many other Countries,

the Solution is to take them away from every Country

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The real trouble is, this is exactly what Israel and their US puppets want, for Iran to retaliate in a way that justifies their attack and invasion. The US government is not war weary, not for a moment, all this rhetoric is just smoke and mirrors, so when they do attack they can say how reluctant they were and how their hand was forced by the continued aggression of Iran. Obama the Nobel peace laureate "Can you say, re-elected?"

The straights are easy to close, just threaten to sink any tanker that passes through, they don't have to attack a single US warship to close the straight, no tanker can afford to sail through under threat from shore to ship missiles, tankers don't carry defensive equipment to stop a missile hitting.

The US under pressure from the rabid dog that is Israel is pushing and pushing until Iran will lash out, and if Iran has sense and does not lash out, then the Enterprise will be sunk, one way or another they will get their public support to invade Iran, either through pressure on the people through ever increasing oil prices or through a false flag.

If Iran hold off and don't succumb to the pressure to retaliate, then Israel will bomb them, then sink the Enterprise in a false flag, and Americans will lap it up like cat with cream. One way or another Iran is screwed

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

I guess you've been comatose for the past 8 years.

What do the hospitals do for cases like you?

The anti-semitic propaganda has really spoiled your mind.

Go on dreaming, the rest of the world will take care of this without you.

Do these links help any:
www.reuters.com ...
uk.news.yahoo.com ...
www.dvidshub.net ...
article s.cnn.com ...

What about this:
Didn't think so.

Try reading this then:
www.explorefaith.org ...
edit on 19-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm not changing the subject. Why would they sign the treaty if they wanted nucelar weapons?

Why would they sign a treaty agreeing to free and open inspections of all nuclear facilities, and then only let inspectors into facilities of their choosing?

Hiding something perhaps??

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

i think its the other way around...Iran is like a parent while the west (being incredibly younger as a civilization) is like the infant throwing temper tantrums and toys. Iran is acting like the patient parent, giving warnings to children before finally acting upon them out of irritation.

iran has every right to close the straight simply because we are cutting them off from the rest of the world with little to no reason except because isreal said so.

The last time American sanctions or blockades led to war, it led to what history calls the "unprovoked" attack on Pearl Harbour. USA Navy was blockading the Japanese islands at the time, it was hardly "unprovoked".

I'm positive that history will record any attack on US interests by Iran "unprovoked".

The US imposed an oil embargo on Japan because the Imperial Japanese Army was running amok in Manchuria and had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Chinese civilians.

Japan attacked Pearl Harbor with the intent to neutralize the Pacific 7th fleet so they could seize the resources of southeast Asia unopposed ( Japan invaded the Philippines a few hours after the attack on Pearl harbor.)

The U.S. Naval blockade of the Japanese home Islands happened much later in the war.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: Sp

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If Iran closes the straight ... they will find out just how accurate the US arsenal is .... and just how many aircraft are maintained on a Carrier.

edit on 19-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If Iran closes the straight ... they will find out just how accurate the US arsenal is .... and just how many aircraft are maintained on a Carrier.

I dont doubt that the US arsenal is extremely accurate..

You have a biblical quote in your sig and you brag about Americas arsenal? I have no doubt that even the anti-christ will have firepower to brag about and you will be among those who cheer him on.

So what was your point? That the American army is powerful. Many people acknowledge so.

I suppose you are one of those who think that the America will last forever. Well, if history shows us anything..every "powerful empire" has been shown to run its course and fall. America will be no different.

edit on 19-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

apparently you're on the wrong side, "warrior"

To underscore the personal meaning of events of international scope, I offer three scenarios on a small scale. These events don't involve countries and entire peoples. The players are a few individuals, and the setting is a single neighborhood.

It's your neighborhood, and you're one of the players.

Situation One:

Several of Sam's friends are viciously murdered. Sam says he knows who did it, and he can prove it. Most people, including Sam, think that the suspected murderer is hiding in Tom's house. Sam demands that Tom surrender the alleged killer. Tom responds that he'd be happy to do so; Tom requests only that Sam show him the evidence that the suspected killer is, in fact, guilty. Sam insists he has the evidence, so Tom can't imagine why the request would be problematic.

Sam refuses Tom's offer and repeats his demand that Tom surrender the supposedly guilty man without conditions. Tom says again that he'd be glad to comply with Sam's demand; he only asks that Sam offer the evidence that Sam says he has. This back-and-forth continues; neither Sam nor Tom will alter his position. In frustration, Tom finally declares: "Look, I'll do everything you demand. You say you have evidence proving he's guilty. So show it to me. Then you can have him. You can have everything you say you want."

At that point, Sam yells: "THIS MEANS WAR!!" Sam means it. He kills Tom and his entire family, destroys Tom's house, murders several of his neighbors and wrecks much of the neighborhood.

Seeming Madness: The Suffocating Unreality that Kills

How would you describe Sam's behavior? Note that, in all of these scenarios, Sam's victim repeatedly assures Sam that he can have whatever Sam says he wants. Every time, despite the fact that Sam can have everything he says he wants -- and despite the further fact that Sam gets everything he says he wants -- Sam's only response is: "THIS MEANS WAR!!"

We can certainly conclude that what Sam says he wants is not what he actually wants. The scenarios compel a further conclusion, an especially terrible one: what Sam actually wants can be achieved in only one way -- the destruction of his victim. And as I've indicated, the destruction always encompasses more than just a single victim: other people are destroyed as well.

It is tempting to say that Sam is a homicidal maniac. In one sense, that's true, and I will not argue the point. But the full truth is far worse: what if Sam isn't "just" a homicidal maniac? What if he knows exactly what he wants and has set in motion a plan to achieve it? Note this: so far, Sam's plan has worked.

For this is the view of the ruling class: "America is God. God's Will be done."

What they want is dominion over the world. They intend to have it. In pursuit of this aim, as they believe the necessity arises, they will destroy anyone and anything that stands in their way. To describe their behavior as insane is to miss the much more critical point, and to minimize the far greater danger. They know exactly what they're doing. They're hoping that you do not. To date, far too many people oblige them.

Don't help them in their pursuit of brutality, oppression, murder and vast destruction. I state again: they know exactly what they're doing. Be sure you judge them accordingly.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lets Roll!
I'm against every form of violence, but I hope the war with Iran is eminent. And news like this suggests so.
The war against Iran is the beginning of the end of this world as we now it and clears the path for a new beginning as prophesied by ancient writings worldwide.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
West has numbers at its side in both military and economic theaters. What can Iran do to bypass the ban from the SWIFT banking services. Complete barter? carrying transactions through neighboring countries.

Iran does not stand a chance blocking Hormuz. It will be reopened in less than 12 hours, after some serious fireworks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Really? It's OK for Iran to cut off access to an international waterway?

That's like the US saying, "No one gets to play in the Pacific anymore, or we'll sink you."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Remember what G.W. Bush said in 2001?
"Either you're with us or you are with the terrorists."

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The last time American sanctions or blockades led to war, it led to what history calls the "unprovoked" attack on Pearl Harbour. USA Navy was blockading the Japanese islands at the time,

No it wasn't.

it was hardly "unprovoked".

True - but there's a degree of hypocrisy here on ATS - everyone else except the West seems to be entitled to deal, or not deal, commercially with anyone else as they see fit.

But when "the west" decides to make such decisions it is illegal, provocation, and all sorts of other BS.

Iran as a sovereign country has made a decision about nuclear power.

A bunch of other sovereign nations have made decisions about not trading with Iran as a result.

Actions --> consequences

Perhaps the next one will be Iran attacking something - but that will clearly have consequences too.

No country on earth exists in isolation.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
Seriously, the solution is not give Iran nukes no matter how much you hate the west,

I couldn't give a f*** about Iran & Israels squabbles but giving them both nukes is dumb

It's never been a question of giving Iran anything, they are doing this on their own, with Russian help. But the Israeli's got theirs with our help, so that shouldn't matter.

America gives the middle finger to the rest of the world all the time, funny that some people forget that.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

And where did you come from ..? I mean wow talk about some one who seems to have issues.

Not to mention just how off topic your post is , i was actually surprised that your comment came out of the middle of left field. I have only been here one year and the quality of post have been deteriorating rapidly. We need more moderators. When i say quality , i don't mean grammar or spelling , but people who can actually manage to stay on topic of a thread with some kind of .... sense.

If you have a comment to say to me perhaps you should use the forum feature called "Private Message" instead of violating a thread with such a radical change in subject.

If i wanted to discuss my religion with you , i would be in an appropriate forum or thread or maybe even a private message. Not on breaking alternative news about the straits of Hormuz.
edit on 19-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

this is exactly what the U.S. wants to happen. it's like "starwars: the phantom menace"

the U.S.: "we have nothing to hide, we will continue our blockade and cut iran off from SWIFT"
concerned staffer: "but sir...isn't that.....illegal"
U.S.: "I WILL MAKE IT LEGAL" *evil laugh*

so yeah..iran will be forced into attacking the u.s. (or the u.s. will use a false flag) which is what they want, giving us a reason to invade. the false flag is more likely. one of the big ships we have down there is set to be decommissioned in 2013. the first nuclear powered ship to be decommissioned by us, so it's probably cheaper to say iran sunk it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I would suggest that President Roosevelt and Secretary Stimson did not engage in smart diplomatic relations with Emperial Japan, but pursued foreign policy that slowly asphyxiated Japan's economic/energy security development. But yeah, Manchuria was a problem; however, as unfortunate as the events were history might have been much different had the American regime at the time opted to work with Emperial Japan as a strategy to push against communism from the east. But they didn't; Pearl Harbor was still attacked; China moved to communism. This is just my 2 cents, but expresses why I think that regime's foreign policy was foolish.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This thread in combination with this thread which was also just posted today, makes me wonder if the situation is ramping up to a new phase. I don't think Iran would ever make due on any threats without support from it's allies. (Ie Russia)
edit on 19-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join