It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does it take to travel 80 miles if you're driving 80MPH?You gotta see this video!Hilarious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The video is of a lady trying to answer the question "How long does it take to drive 80 miles if you're traveling 80mph?

Some parts of her equation includes:

1. She estimates that tires will rotate about 400 times in 1 mile
2. She runs about 7mph, or up to 10mph depending on how well she is in shape at the time
3. A police car would probably take less time her because his tires would have more air than hers, her tires are a little flatter.

When her fiance finally tells her the answer and explain it to her, she argues. She then thinks it would only take 30 minutes to drive 40 miles if you're driving 40mph.

I really hope most our young adults are able to reason this out better than she could.

edit on 19-3-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow...she is dumb...nothing more can be said!

Poor...poor...fellow...he is probably going to spend his life with this girl!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I really hope most our young adults are able to reason this out better than she could.

One thing is certain: Young people at least can tell when a video is staged or fake and don't believe everything like older people do

From the beginning of the video, to the channel description, it's pretty obvious that this isn't real (I've seen a lot of those staged 'dumb people' videos, they are quite popular in those 'real life soaps' and pseudo-documentary that are shown on every TV station. Though i don't doubt that there are such stupid people out there.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lmao, thanks for this! I needed the light relief... I asked my partner the same thing while watching and she said 80 minutes! lol... Is there any hope for us?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
WOW I all ways thought that people like this only existed in the movies are on TV.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
He OBVIOUSLY did not marry for brains..

Maybe she's fun to be with?

It is like living with a permanent circus clown.. Sad part is she is such a dimwit that she has no idea she is such a dimwit...

but she seems like a nice person anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Lmao, thanks for this! I needed the light relief... I asked my partner the same thing while watching and she said 80 minutes! lol... Is there any hope for us?

at least your partner said something that somewhat related to the question... Blondie was going on and on about jogging a mile in 9 min and 7 min when she's in shape LMAO

edit on 19-3-2012 by Glargod because: gender presumption

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I know everyone always points out dumb blondes, but in my experience no matter the hair color, the thinner they are the dumber they are. Does starving your body of calories somehow starve the brain as well?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by tinker9917

One thing is certain: Young people at least can tell when a video is staged or fake and don't believe everything like older people do

From the beginning of the video, to the channel description, it's pretty obvious that this isn't real (I've seen a lot of those staged 'dumb people' videos, they are quite popular in those 'real life soaps' and pseudo-documentary that are shown on every TV station. Though i don't doubt that there are such stupid people out there.

actually I am pretty dang sure that it's real unless that girl is insanely good at acting. I like to watch people think if you watch their eyes you can tell how close they are getting or how hard they are thinking, and the moment they get it their eyes get brighter (my GF student teaches)

I watched her eyes, and she was actually thinking left brain thoughts, not right brain acting... Especially at the end she starts noticing that she might be sounding stupid and wants the camera off..

Originally posted by Under Water
I know everyone always points out dumb blondes, but in my experience no matter the hair color, the thinner they are the dumber they are. Does starving your body of calories somehow starve the brain as well?

are there not tiny Asian girls??

edit on 3/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

omg That is just sad! No wonder he disabled comments.
second line

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

This is very true and my partner thanks you for sticking up for her! lol...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
depends on traffic

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This video proves a strong case for selective breeding! Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I saw this earlier.

I really hope this was a staged scenario as mentioned by another poster because otherwise, I fear for the future of our civilization.

I have never claimed to be a genius but, come on!!!! mph - Miles Per Hour.

It was painful to watch towards the end when she actually starts to argue with the husband.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ouch....you just double whammied me there bud!

Blonde and petite female here.....maybe I'm just an exception. I always knew I was different from the flock.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh, boy. One thing I look for in a mate is intelligence. That woman would drive me insane! Scary thought that there are a lot of people out there that are terminally stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Blonde and petite female here.....maybe I'm just an exception. I always knew I was different from the flock.

Haha, ok wait, let me futher explain. First off, I am a girl, and a natural blonde. I had to grow up hearing blonde jokes all my life, cause when your blonde, everyone feels the need to tell you the latest blonde joke they have just heard. But while I was kind of joking, I was also kind of seriously asking if starving yourself can effect the brain. Is the brain starving too? In my profession, I work with lots of models. I've met those who are naturally skinny and eat everything, and those who are starving themselves and brag about it. And I have to say, those who starve themselves are more on the dumb side overall.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well he sure didnt marry her for her brains!
He better be in charge of all the finances, God only knows how she would interpret a bank balance sheet!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Haha, ok wait, let me futher explain. First off, I am a girl, and a natural blonde. I had to grow up hearing blonde jokes all my life, cause when your blonde, everyone feels the need to tell you the latest blonde joke they have just heard. But while I was kind of joking, I was also kind of seriously asking if starving yourself can effect the brain. Is the brain starving too? In my profession, I work with lots of models. I've met those who are naturally skinny and eat everything, and those who are starving themselves and brag about it. And I have to say, those who starve themselves are more on the dumb side overall.

Tell me about it....that's why I wasn't offended by the remark. I've heard them all as well.
You just learn to laugh at the jokes and be grateful you understand the punch line.

Interesting observation on the other topic...maybe a lack of Omega-3?

It sounds bizarre to me that people brag about starving themselves. Maybe they just started out with less brain cells to begin because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Tell me about it....that's why I wasn't offended by the remark. I've heard them all as well.
You just learn to laugh at the jokes and be grateful you understand the punch line.

Interesting observation on the other topic...maybe a lack of Omega-3?

It sounds bizarre to me that people brag about starving themselves. Maybe they just started out with less brain cells to begin because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Maybe so, maybe you have to start out dumb to subject your body to that. It seems to me that what they are proud of is the control they have over their body. They brag about how hard they have to work at it. Not allowed to eat "this" and "that". Workout hours and hours a day.

Hell, just look at the mentality of the girl in the video. You ask her a simple math question and the first thing she does is talk about how fast she can run mile, haha!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join