It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George Clooney the New Jason Russell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We all know how Jason Russell's "KONY 2012" video catapulted both Jason and African politics into the spotlight in a matter of hours. At the grumblings of alternative media, the video's youtube page is hit by comments which insinuate that the false flag won't work this time, and that many are aware this is a grab for the valuable natural resources in Africa, prompting the shutdown of video comments. Four days later, Jason invalidates his entire campaign by hopping himself up on goofballs and doing his one-man show in the nude at a busy CA intersection on a sunny day.

The next day, George Clooney was arrested in front of the Sudanese embassy with his father protesting human rights issue. Every camera north of Ecuador rolled. Since around 2007, George has been involved in a public awareness campaign, as well as securing resources for the Sudanese region.

Is it possible that somehow, someone up in the ranks totally forgot about George, created Jason and his Kony cause to rally support for African invasion, read comments on the video and alternative media commentary and realized the jig was up, buried Jason chest-deep in a pile of his own manure, and dug out good old reliable George? Or, is it possible that at first glance, George seemed like "old hat" that has failed to rally any public support so far, so they made t-shirts and hired Jason?

If so, are TPTB mocking us?
If not, then do you believe this is all a very convenient political coincidence?

edit on 3/19/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

seeing as how Clooney is a recent CFR addition...

it would be quite safe to believe he is being used for some sort of damage control...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I forgot about that!

It will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks. I think we may be hearing the last of Jason and his Kony fight and George may already be scheduled for public arrest by this weekend.

PHONEY 2012

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

Wow, didn't knew that. Surprises me since I started trusting him after producing The men who stare at goats.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
jason russell is an evangelical christian. he was using the film (and other promotions in the past) to get to teens and lure them into mission work. that's my theory. russell is an evangelical christian - fact. clooney is not the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
jason russell is an evangelical christian. he was using the film (and other promotions in the past) to get to teens and lure them into mission work. that's my theory. russell is an evangelical christian - fact. clooney is not the same.

I don't think the character of each player here is as important as his potential to impact world politics.

But you point out a valuable element I ignored - the fact he was an evangelical makes it appear even more so that he was cherry-picked.

And did you hear the latest about Mr. Russell?
Me neither.
See?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCorporateBeast

Originally posted by reeferman

Wow, didn't knew that. Surprises me since I started trusting him after producing The men who stare at goats.

Or did that happen in reverse, where once inducted, he was furnished with the information necessary to form a cogent story about those men?

top topics

join