It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Car Starters and Locks Being Blocked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
About 2 weeks ago I started having problem with my remote starter.

The wife remote failed at the same time.

We have remote door locks on the house not working.

New batteries no change

At work or anywhere else they work fine???

No known military in the area??

New medical facility across the road but they are close to a year old??

Sometimes if we get withion 2-3 feet they work sometimes they don't.

50 yards at work they work fine??

HELP!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sounds like something is jamming the signals, if you go to a spy shop there are sweepers that can help identify the source of the interference.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

It is called EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) Maybe someone is messing with you a) on purpose b)accidentally
Jamming device

Keyless remotes contain a short-range radio transmitter, and must be within a certain range, usually 5-20 meters (15-60 ft), of the car to work. When a button is pushed, it sends a coded signal by radio waves to a receiver unit in the car, which locks or unlocks the door. Most RKEs operate at a frequency of 315 MHz for North America-made cars and at 433.92 MHz for European, Japanese and Asian cars. Modern systems implement encryption to prevent car thieves from intercepting and spoofing the signal.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Let's see.................do you owe the IRS or back child support?
I kid you not, that will happen.

We all think it's so nifty having all these electronic conveniences at hand but what some aren't realizing is, it's all centralized. Which means...it's mastered controlled somewhere. Most likely, a satellite.

I read not too long ago, if you're late with a car payment (or have outstanding motor vehicle tickets) they can and will use the 'kill switch' to shut off your newer cars (that were..... so easy to finance.).

And this is only the start. They already do it with your cell phones. If you're late with your payment, there is no more grace period. It's [[bam]] turned off then you have to pay a hefty re-activation fee.

Not saying that this is what's happening in your case but hell, at least you're getting a sneak preview.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Both work fine once were a couple of hundred yards away. Been about 2 weeks. Would WI-FI or a security system screw things up??

Nothing with the IRs or anybody . It's at home only
edit on 19-3-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Both work fine once were a couple of hundred yards away. Been about 2 weeks. Would WI-FI or a security system screw things up??

Nothing with the IRs or anybody . It's at home only
edit on 19-3-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

some security systems do in fact use wireless radios to communicate with each devices. IF it were malfunctionning, it could happen

same goes for Wi-Fi and cordless phones. even garage door openers

experiment around by turning off some of those devices and testing your remote keyless system

It could also be a electrical transformer on your street that is acting up. ask your neighbors if THEY have similar difficulties

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have found recently that my cordless phone interferes with everything from my wifi router to my 3g cell phone, try unplugging or turning off some of the wireless things in your home and see if it works better. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
DID they just install a wireless power meter ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's the smart meter oon your house.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The operating frequency (418Mhz or 433.92Mhz) is close to those used by MoD communication in the UK, radio amateurs and other common applications.

have you bought anything recently that works in this band wave ? Is the car battery okay, sometime this causes a problem to, any neighbors got a new transponder for a garage door ? new portable phone in the house?, try turning off individual wireless devices one at a time to see if this cures the problem.

The store you mention across the road, ask them if they have replaced their tills recently or see if they use those handheld terminals for credit cards, or ordering systems in the back, they work on the same frequencies as car transponders rendering them u/o

BBC news story
BBC Story follow up

if you do have further problems you will need to pick up a spectrum analyzer and see what signals are in the air,

Wee Mad
edit on 19/3/2012 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
802.11n wireless routers could be your source of issues. They take up the entire bandwidth that they operate in. Did you, or a neighbor recently get a new wifi router?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think this is a problem that is starting to spread, just like the strange sounds;

www.dailymail.co.uk... t-military-base.html

Who would like to set up a Googleearth page with pins and tags???

Now something that is like a nuclear bomb (with all the nasty radiation), with EMP capabilities?? I wonder what that could be? (In a sarcastic voice.)

I know. (Not Fukishima.)

new topics

top topics

join