It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain media black out on NHS - armed guards

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by mee30

Originally posted by Merigold
reply to post by mee30

To take control of the Media as they have done is exactly how it was in Eastern Block County's and exactly why Britain went to war - for FREEDOM to speak and choose and self determination.

Exactly. Unfortunately we assumed we had defeated these forces at the end of the second world war, not realising that the underlying ideologies and the personality types prone to be taken in or used by them were still there, distributed more widely than just the countries directly involved in that war, and would regroup. Rightly and understandably, we talk a lot about wanting peace in the world but we need to talk more about freedom as well, otherwise the people who try to stop legitimate protest will exert an ever-tighter grip.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

got one answer for said question.the levison inquiry and how intertwined the met(scotland yard)are tyed in with the murdock's tyrany.AKA the whole of the British media,
edit on 19-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Mod note:

The author of this thread has inserted this into their opening post:

Edited because of misunderstanding of this thread: IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR OPINION ON THE NHS REFORM. IT IS ABOUT THE WAY THE GOV HAS HANDLED A LEGAL PROTEST. PLEASE I DON'T WANT A DISCUSSION ON THE NHS!!!

Please respect that wish. Any further posts not related to the handling of the protest will be removed.

ETA: do not respond to this mod note

I repeat. Please stay on the topic as laid out in the OP.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

S for you UkWolf, I see a lot of others making that comment you censored for the sake of the OP ( myself included
) I appreciate it when one has the stones to call fowl on their own shot, now I have another reason to begrdge you dang English. ( got the good accent, your politicians give a toss about being PC, I was once called a wanker...

So are you saying that your gov. Just pushed this through and totally bypassed all the MSM to avoid controversy?

Damn, was hoping that kinda stuff was only going on this side of the pond.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

I am sure I will regret saying this, but I have a fealing that the US and the UK are about to rediscover a fundamental truth about this world.

1 ( this is only me, I speak for no other) that in the US I promise you this, we are more than sick ad tired of this crap.
2 we will not stand for much more
3 TPTB have forgotten what happens when they get our " irish" up, we will repay, and the greater share will go to those at the top.

Having said that, 5 years ago I would have told you NO WAY! Today, however I am sad to report that our .gov is as bad at least as any dictatorship in the world. The only reason they haven't just taken over is the obvious one, we have more guns than them by 100 times over. If not for our forefathers fosight, we would be lost long ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
After a few searches this morning I've managed to find this so far;

Guardian Newspaper - Sunday 18th March 2012
Headline - Doctors opposed to NHS reforms to stand against coalition MPs in election

deep in the story is this 1 line;

About 150-200 medical professionals and activists demonstrated against the NHS reforms in central London on Saturday.

As for the march itself this indymedia link headlined "report and pics on nhs demo and actions yesterday " the reporter comments

"the proposal that there is an official media black-out on the story is, i think, unlikely"

Later saying that

"there were 23 NHS protests around the country yesterday".

And heres a 9 min Vid of the March including some speeches, and worth a watch.

If more links with commentry about the march were to be posted this would discount the rumour of a D Notice, but wouldn't say much for the lame stream press for not reporting the issue, even by the publications who would normally associate themselves with such causes.

edit on 20-3-2012 by ukWolf because: Added - indymedia

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OP you need to remember that there are ALWAYS heavily armed police all over central London, particularly around Parliament. This is nothing to do with the protest as such, but rather that any protest provides perfect cover for people with more nefarious purposes.

The armed police also HAVE to be very visible in this area, or else they loose their deterrent effect completely. No point hiding them out the way as then their only value will be in response, whereas its far better to deter. If a suicide bomber infiltrated the protests then you would be glad armed police were nearby to protect the protesters!

I'm no fan of this government (or the police for that matter), but hey, I'm also no fan of the over-paid doctors and public sector workers in general who enjoy far better pension provisions than the majority of Brits, like myself, who work in the REAL world. I have respect for them, but I have respect for most people in general. But I do think you are looking for sinister qualities that just aren't there.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

No, because its my thread and I know what I am asking, whilst others might misunderstand. If I want to talk about the hair style of a politician, I don't need to know if you like them or not, it's irrelevant. In the same way that it is irrelevant to discuss people's opinions on the NHS, when I am more worried about the ability to protest in general. What if they had protested about animal rights and the same police presence is there? It doesn't matter what they are protesting about or if you are for or against it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OliArtist

Again, the heavy police is only a secondary problem. The main concern was the [sorry for large letters but people here don't read properly]:

DELIBERATE MEDIA BLACKOUT, ORDERED BY THE GOVERNMENT about something that should have been in the papers.
I did say that in the title...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join