How to cure herpes (permanently)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

That's all well and good, but type 1 cold sores are extremely common, chances are you carry this form yourself, and are not considered an STD unless one engages in oral sex with an active outbreak. (Because an outbreak may not be easily seen at first, oral sex is a risky proposition with someone who is not in a long dormancy/ remission phase). If the OP limits himself to dates who are clear of any form of herpes, his dating pool just got shrunk down to almost zero. Most children have had cold sores. It's one of the most common skin afflictions out there.

I do not have type 2 or genital herpes of any kind, but having read the statements of rape victims who got this disease as a result of rape or abuse, some of them while still CHILDREN, I find your characterization of genital herpes sufferers as used up or dirty as ignorant as it gets. It's understandable you'd want to avoid this disease and it is fine for you to warn him to look to his own health, but expand your understanding of how this disease is transmitted, its prevalence in our modern world, and who actually suffers from it or you will risk your own health and relationships following erroneous stereotypes. You may also wish to acquaint yourself with how this virus hides in dormancy. The partner who you think is "clean" may harbor one of the forms and not know it for YEARS.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
About twenty years ago a friend told me about Lysine and I started taking it daily as part of a regular supplement regimen. I can say, since then I have NEVER had a cold sore while I was actively taking daily Lysine.

How expensive is this?
Are there any other benefits?
What exactly is Lysine?

I don't get cold sores super often, but right now i have two. One is pretty annoying, it's in the corner of my nose outside my nostril where it attaches right above my mustache. OUCH...

To the other poster concerning legality:
I have had these since I was like... well since I can remember... Not sure how I got it, but I know its pretty darn common. I have probably infected a few people in my day, but I won't be waiting for any criminal charges... Really?

edit on 3/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You can quickly google L-lysine, or use any other search provider and in an instant you will see different prices. I saw a bottle for 500mg pills pop up for $7. I use a powdered form for my cats that deals in 500mg doses twice a day so that's the only kind I know about. If I recall correctly from the posts I read for human sufferers a lot of people start at that dose, too, meaning 500mg twice a day. You probably should quickly search for the optimal dose for you and also look into topical gels or creams you could use since L-lysine can irritate digestion for some people.

Yeah, about that legal comment, as a baby sitter and former church nursery attendant I can tell you most kids have this type 1 cold sore form, most will not have it recur very often, if at all, later in life, and will not remember having it as kids. Then one day it will activate and shock the heck out of them and they will blame some poor girlfriend or boyfriend for giving it to them, when it was in their system dormant all along. I've not had a full cold sore breakout for over thirty years. But there have been times I've felt an itchy tingle on the edge of my lip. That is the herpes type 1 virus reminding me it is still there. From what I've read even without an actual sore, that tingly itchy part of my lip is contagious and able to shed the virus.

That is the insidious part of this disease, if you have sex with someone or kiss someone who doesn't have obvious sores, you can still get infected. It doesn't mean your partner is intentionally deceiving you, either. With some states of semi dormancy they might not realize they are infected and shedding the virus.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I saw this thread earlier...and I have the answer....

Don't catch them in the first place...that is the only guarantee!

There is no cure...sorry...if you have it...you have it...and there is as of yet no permanent cure!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Red Marine Algae is said to deactivate the virus

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Hi guys, my girlfriend gets mouth (oral) Herpes every few months, I believe it is HPV1. I want to ask.. I know conventional medicine has no cure for it, but what about some alternative ways? Is there a cure at all?

Actually HPV1 is usually only a 1 time occurence and there's seldom a 2nd outbreak. HPV2 is the reoccuring form. Technically HPV1 is supposed to be the "oral" form--cold sores. And HPV2 is said to be the genital form. But in many cases people have HPV2 as cold sores on their mouths and it is also possible to get HPV1 genitally.

If someone has HPV2 as cold sores on their mouths, it doesn't mean that they contracted it sexually. It could mean that one of their parents or relatives had it and kissed them. The only way your girlfriend could know for certain is if a doctor takes a sample from a cold sore and tests it.

Some people are immune to HPV if they are born with it. In otherwords if the mother had a case of HPV and the baby was born, the infant could develop immunity to it.

So the only true "cure" is if someone make a serum from the blood of those who are immune.

I'm immune, my little sister is immune. My mother and my older sister both get reoccuring HPV2 cold sores. And when we were kids I was looking in one of my mom's medical books and realized she had "herpes" on her mouth. So I showed my little sister the book and being immature children we started bursting out laughing. Then being immature kids we started teasing my mother. "hahaha mom has herpes on her mouth. hahaha" The way immature kids are.

Well, my mom didn't like us teasing her, so she'd tell us "Come here." And then she'd kiss us and try to rub her cold sores on purpose all over our cheeks and mouths. And then she'd say, "Ha, now you'll have them too."

Only we never got them. Not me, not my little sister. No matter how many times we teased our mom and no matter how many times she'd try to kiss us and rub her cold sores on us. We never got them.

And then that turned into an immature joke to my mom. Neener neener neener Mom...only you get them, we don't. When we got older, she admitted that after my older sister was born that she got HPV2 both genitally and orally and that me and my little sister were born during one of her outbreaks.

We both became immune and have never gotten cold sores, not even if my mom tries to wipe her open cold sores on our mouths on purpose.

So...serum derived from the blood of the immune is the only "cure".

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My fella used to suffer awful from them...I promptly dosed him up with old Lycine and some good multi vits with extra Vit C. He hasn't had one in almost two years now. I've never suffered in my life, think I'm immune to cold sores, but then I'm one of them annoying -neg British reptilians.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Neveranoutbreak.com. Found out about it in the Natural Cures Book a couple years back when I found out my cousin was having issues with it

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I AM NOT A DOCTOR. But...

I saw other people say diet, that is step one to maintaining them.
You can get food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide, and dilute it yourself, and use it topically to treat outbreaks.

Also, there is a controversial cure for all viral infections, called blood electrification.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As someone who has had to deal with cold sores his whole life, I will completely stand behind the lysine suggestion!! I have some 1000 mg tablets here, and at the very first tingle of an incoming cold sore, I take about 4 or 5 of them, and I continue taking 2 or 3 every day. With the last few cold sores I had, this seemed to almost stop them in it's tracks. It's still there, but it stops it from progressing any further, and it greatly decreases the time it takes for them to heal and go away.
So yeah....lysine. It's cheap, and it's your friend.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Did she get it checked out?

HP1 is just some cold sores

HP2 is sexual

If its 2 then you might wanna considering breaking up. Pretty sure there is no cure to either form though.

Wronk
That used to be the case way long ago. Due to oral sex, both strands can be found either up or down.

As to the OP, I know that lemon balm is anti herpes, but it doesn't kill it. I guess the virusses don't like the herb and go to their hiding place: nerves.
Then we have of course lysine, same story.
As far as I know, it's all about management so that they won't leave the nerves. Anyhow, unfortunately there's atypical shedding. That means you don't know that you have the virus getting out of you because you have no sores. This has only been know the last 15 years or so.

EDIT: check out zappers, some mean that these actually kill herpes and other parasites.
curezone.com is a good starting point.
edit on 5-5-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That's just wrong. Both can infect either region. There are slight differences in the initial episode's duration and painfulness but only clinical tests can differentiate. They will show differences in some cells as time goes on and the longer the person has had the virus, the more difficult it is to obtain any sort of type specification.

If you have herpes either orally or genitally, you can pass that to the other person *and infection is spread more during asymptomatic periods*.

I was told I had herpes years ago. Confirmed by the lab. Confirmed. Funny thing is that it was a rash that looks like herpes called dermatitis herpetiformis, but it caused by celiac disease. The dermatologist assumed, I guess. I wonder if they even do the tests anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I thought it had to do with if you had chicken pox as a kid or not. If you did then it shows up as "cold sores" later in life. also, I've read that somepeople can be carriers and never ever have an outbreak. So if you think you might be immune, you might be spreading it in reality. Also, can it show up on your hands?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Drinking diluted down food grade hydrogen peroxide may cure it. I have heard many good things, and have tried it myself. However, I do not have herpes. I have some sort of prostate infection. Drinking the peroxide has reduced my symptoms tremendously and makes me feel more aware / awake. It must be taken carefully and diluted properly in distilled water.

use and eye dropper, 3 drops 3 times a day in distilled water, taken on an empty stomach. Make sure it is at least two hours after eating and 1 hour before eating. Always use distilled water.

You may then go up one drop per day, so 4 drops three times a day, 5 drops three times a day and so on... up to 25 drops. Then work your way back down one drop per day til you get to a maintenance dose of three drops three times a day.

Talk to a naturopath about intravenous hydrogen peroxide. I believe that all disease can be cured because if it wasn't there naturally, then the body can return to its original state. Cures are possible, and just because conventional medicine hasn't cured a disease since 1954, doesn't mean natural remedies which is apparently "alternative medicine" can't cure disease. I believe that if we didn't worry about profit, and the proper testing was done on natural remedies, we would find many cures for diseases.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Im a newbie commenting but long time browser, when i seen this thread i had to comment regardless of how inactive it may be, I think Lysine is the best for dealing with cold sores, I have heard stories on the internet much like any diligent person browsing past search result pages 1 and 2 of google about Bactine and Apple cider vinegar, but I have yet to try the bactine and apple cider vinegar seemed to irritate the cold sore for me!

I do think that lysine is the most consistent solution to beat the B@st#rds however it needs to be combined with ice for effectiveness. I've been looking for books on the matter and this was the best i could find

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369567595&sr=1-7&keywords=cold+sore

It approaches the task of getting rid of a cold sore by outlining a plan to get rid of one, I tried it and noticed my cold sores on my lips were scabbing by day 3/4 and more or less gone by day 6/7. To say i was pleased would be an understatement! we all know the absolute joy once its gone!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

medicines dont help; is no cure for it
but
if its above the upperlip etc,
then use lemongrass oil

usually you have to dilute it with neutral massage oil - 1 per 10
and just put it once, twice a day onto the spot

also lemongrass tea helps combined with it - to digest the tea

im serious in the above - i have the proof of cure sitting in this room

good luck

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So, Oral herpes problem. I am afraid there is no real solution out there. You will end up with searching for cure on internet but will not find it. But there are some real people who are successfully cured herpes. I dont know how as they are selling that method on internet may be you should check it out.
www.goherpes.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Its the gift that keeps on giving...no cure, but a multitude of ways to lesson the effects and frequency and duration of the outbreaks.
Sorry, I don't have better news!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join