Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How to cure herpes (permanently)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi guys, my girlfriend gets mouth (oral) Herpes every few months, I believe it is HPV1. I want to ask.. I know conventional medicine has no cure for it, but what about some alternative ways? Is there a cure at all? Or is there going to be any time soon? If not, what are the most effective remedies there are? And how to prevent/redice/eliminate completely outbreaks?
I want to help her cure it, please, I would be very thankful for your help, and advice. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Did she get it checked out?

HP1 is just some cold sores

HP2 is sexual

If its 2 then you might wanna considering breaking up. Pretty sure there is no cure to either form though.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

There is no cure once you have it. I'm in a Bio 112 this semester. Herpes virus actually gets inside your cell, and then inserts it's DNA into your DNA combining the two. And then the DNA is hidden, and every time that cell divides it copies the Virus. That's how it lays dormant for periods of time, and then something sets it off (stress) and the DNA is activated and you break out. The infected cells burst, which is the swelling/redness..

sorry..
edit on 3/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Diet. Diet. Diet.

She needs to change her diet.

Stop eating high fructose corn syrup and sugar, they lower the immune system's ability to fight off anything, especially a life-long virus. Get rid of trans fats too. It's hard to do, but if it's important enough to her to not have cold sores on her mouth, she will need to stick to this, likely for life.

Drink mineralized water, such as Fiji or Eternal, something that has calcium, magnesium and a slightly higher pH than regular water. This is very important also.

Take a grapefruit seed extract supplement. Take one every day. Not essential, but gives an amazing lift to your immune system.

I've had several friends that suffer from cold sores, and all sorts of other maladies and ailments, and this has worked for every one of them.

For quick, temporary relief of a cold sore, get some apple cider vinegar that has "Mother" in it, which is an essential enzyme. Bragg's makes the best one that I know of. You can dab a q-tip in the vinegar and apply it to the cold sore several times a day. It's not the best smelling or tasting thing there is, but damn does it work.

I hope this helps you. I've been following this routine for 2 years and went from getting sick 4-5 times a year, to not being sick since I started.

You should also watch this to understand WHY:

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No cure as of yet HSV-1 it can be transmitted orally to you genitals read up on it below.
Don't just ditch your girl It is only a coldsore. last thing she need's is to feel rejected.

Hope this helps

www.herpes-coldsores.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

There is no cure once you have it. I'm in a Bio 112 this semester. Herpes virus actually gets inside your cell, and then inserts it's DNA into your DNA combining the two. And then the DNA is hidden, and every time that cell divides it copies the Virus. That's how it lays dormant for periods of time, and then something sets it off (stress) and the DNA is activated and you break out. The infected cells burst, which is the swelling/redness..

sorry..

As a bio major, you should also watch the video I suggested. It's from one of the leading biochemists in the world. Herpes may not be "curable" in the sense that it is a virus and stays in your body, but you can create an environment that makes it almost impossible for the virus to present itself.

If your cells are strong enough and have the means to resist, you can get to a point where your body will act as if it is "cured". Your studies can guide you, but experience is what teaches you. I speak from both experience and knowledge, and I urge you to keep an open mind.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Did she get it checked out?

HP1 is just some cold sores

HP2 is sexual

If its 2 then you might wanna considering breaking up. Pretty sure there is no cure to either form though.

You really do come across as a nasty, ugly minded little man. Not just in this thread but in every thread you cast your shadow on. Explain why they should break up? No, actually, just go back to darkening your usual haunts.

To OP, I've had herpes 2 for 7 years. Caught it off a lovely Delaware girl I had a holiday romance with

I think type 2 can also occur and be spread orally. Check it out though as I'm not sure. Get your girl to have a test!!!

There isn't an acknowledged cure for either form, but if you google it there are alternative therapies that claim to be effective.

I haven't had an outbreak for two years now. I'm also fitter, weigh less and eat more fresh veggies than I have in my whole life. Maybe it's connected. Stay healthy and strong and the virus is weaker, perhaps. Makes sense?

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

I said if she had type 2 you MIGHT want to consider breaking up. Miss the might and consider part?

I wouldn't want to risk getting genial herpes, which there isn't a cure for, like most people. Condoms do not protect you 100%.

How is that negative? I'm telling him to watch out for HIS health and every other person he might have sex with in the future. Giving one person genital herpes could end up with 1000 other people having it. The world isn't rainbows and lollipops.

But I guess you took my advice personally because you have herpes yourself, I don't know.
edit on 19-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I have two pronged counter attack that, if you do it the MOMENT you notice the slight tingling by which the outbreak starts, stops it in its tracks and it doesn't make a sore.

1) always keep a little tube of anticyclovir ready. Preferably in the bag you carry with you as an hour can make a big difference. Start putting it on at the first sign.
2) immediately drink 2g of L-lysine and then 500mg 2 or 3 times a day for a few days until you're sure it gone.

Generally I find that keeping a high body ph (read up on apple cider vinegar, citric acid and baking soda) and a good selection of vitamins and minerals (especially zinc) dramatically reduces the frequency of outbreaks.

The herpes family often poke out their evil little heads in. Injunction with cols and flus. Read up on air purifiers and negative ions. After getting one of those that run 24/7 in our house, where we work as well, my wife and I have not had a cold or flu while at home.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Lysine supposedly helps. you can buy it over the counter and take it at the first sign of a sore coming on.

there are topical agents that also supposedly work to ease the suffering but, as has been mentioned, there's no cure.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

sorry..

As a bio major, you should also watch the video I suggested. It's from one of the leading biochemists in the world. Herpes may not be "curable" in the sense that it is a virus and stays in your body, but you can create an environment that makes it almost impossible for the virus to present itself.

I urge you to keep an open mind.

~Namaste

I didn't use quotes around cured because I meant what I said. We are not contradicting each other. I urge you to keep an open mind and reading comprehension goes a long way. The Virus will come out again. It actually becomes part of you. It's DNA actually attaches into the middle of yours. If you are living your cells will keep spreading. I never said anything about stopping outbreaks, besides saying on of the main causes is stress(be it physical or mental)

You probably think I am one of those college kids who thinks because I took one class I am suddenly more qualified than anyone to speak on the issue. That is exactly wrong. I'm actually an old rebel. Got out of the Army in 2006...

I'll watch the video, but it's only going to say what you said, which I never disagreed with in the first place.

EDIT: I take it back YOU want ME to watch 1.5 hours saying don't eat sugar, but corn syrup is worse?? I've been on the seen for a long time. In basic training you do NOT get sugar, or caffiene, or anything unhealthy at all ever. People had outbreaks during Basic training So Now I disagree with you. My body still can't tolerate sugar to this day and as I type I have a cold sore just under my lower lip.

Nothing is that simple, ever.

I'm skipping all around that video he isn't mentioning HERPES... He's talking about fructose being poison and obesity... Care to give a time stamp???

A Google search with his Name, and Herpes came up completely empty, and there is a lot of info on this guy. I have an open mind but it's just not there buddy sorry...

THank you for pointing him out though. He is definitely on top of his game and has many interesting insights.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Hi guys, my girlfriend gets mouth (oral) Herpes every few months, I believe it is HPV1. I want to ask.. I know conventional medicine has no cure for it, but what about some alternative ways? Is there a cure at all? Thanks.

The only way to cure it is like this: Take influenza virus, alter it's DNA. Give it a code that Will insert a stop code for all of the herpes codes that come before it. Then infect the patient with this new influenza, and they will get the flu, but more importantly the Herpes DNA is now useless, and can never produce another virus in your body again...

...Until you come across a different enough strain of herpes, and the cycle starts again. I don't know if there is any research being done on this specific case or not, but the general concept is being researched heavily.

Another interesting avenue of research is using a bacteria phage. (a virus that attacks bacteria only) You can infect someone with bacteria phages instead of antibiotics. Your cells are safe, but any bacteria is going bye bye... As antibiotics lose their edge, you will hear more and more about these guys.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You probably think I am one of those college kids who thinks because I took one class I am suddenly more qualified than anyone to speak on the issue. That is exactly wrong. I'm actually an old rebel. Got out of the Army in 2006... xt

Left the army in 2006 eh? I retired from the Navy in 78' what's that make me if your an old rebel already? Here I though I was an Old rebel.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Most people end up battling cold sores eventually. It usually starts with idiot aunts and grandma's insisting on kissing babies on the face when their immune systems are not ready to fight anything off. (oh the fights I've had with the elder women in my family about this). I haven't had a cold sore in over thirty years so I can't speak about lysine from my own experience but I've had to deal with a form of herpes that affects the respiratory system and eyes of the cats I've rescued. Our veterinarian recommended L-Lysine supplements and I can say that the supplements have helped my cats go into remission. When I researched it I learned that the same principle works for humans and the forms of herpes they suffer. It's a lot to go into here but what I understood of reading about it is that the L-Lysine counterbalances the effects of another amino acid, L-Arginine, which the herpes virus thrives on. So you will need to read up on how to alter your girlfriend's diet to put the ratio of L-lysine to L-Arginine in the favor of Lysine. Supplements may not be the way to go about it because they can cause stomach upset. My cats are on Lysine only when they need to be, for that reason.

There are topical lysine gels and creams available where lip balm is sold but I don't know if they work. But it is worth a try.

Regarding the advice you got to dump your girlfriend, the thing to keep in mind is type I and Type II are almost interchangeable these days due to so many people practicing oral sex. So a person who has the Type I form showing up on the mouth had better not practice oral sex or it will become genital herpes for his or her partner. And again, type I is present in a ridiculous proportion of the population. Even children get cold sores.

Type II lesions can also end up manifesting themselves pretty much anywhere, according to the comments I came across on the subject. Now I'm not sure about this, research it yourself, but I think, again, due to the things people do these days, Type 2 may show up as an oral form. Meaning someone who originally had it only on their private parts, did something oral with person B, who then gets it as an oral form, kisses person C, who ends up with cold sores and finds to their shock they've got the stigmatized kind. So even if your girl turns out to have type 2, she could have come across it pretty innocently, I think. Regardless, herpes viruses are so varied, so pervasive, and so readily transmitted, we may as well stop stigmatizing people (and cats) and accept we are all battling one huge pox, so to speak, on us all.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

haha you win... by a lot

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

That is all spot on. I wanted to add that any type of Herpes can affect most places. Herpes infects mucus membranes which are not only found in your nose, but also around your mouth and eyes as well. And many other places too.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I had cold sores off and on since I was a little kid. I got it from sharing a Chapstik with a friend who had a cold sore. About twenty years ago a friend told me about Lysine and I started taking it daily as part of a regular supplement regimen. I can say, since then I have NEVER had a cold sore while I was actively taking daily Lysine. Over the years, from time to time, I would run out of Lysine and forget to buy more for a few weeks, and then I would inevitably get a cold sore again. Buy more Lysine. No more cold sores for a year or two. etc.

The other big trigger? Sunburn. Once her cold sore clears up, she should use a high SPF lip balm all the time. If she does both of these things, she may never get another cold sore again.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There are rumors that Pao D'Arco and Uno De Gato help with that. They are herbs that grow only in Peru iirc. Good luck with your inevitable issues.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

That is all spot on. I wanted to add that any type of Herpes can affect most places. Herpes infects mucus membranes which are not only found in your nose, but also around your mouth and eyes as well. And many other places too.
That does indeed seem to be the case with the respiratory form that infects cats. With cats, usually it stays symptomatic as a sort of cold, with the cats sneezing and coughing and looking they are suffering one of our colds. But occasionally it turns nasty and results in ulcers in various parts of the eye. It's an extremely contagious disease transmitted through the air when the cats sneeze. The virus also stays on clothing. I can no longer work with kittens due to the risk I pose to them from living with a cat that has this virus. Only one of my cats is recurringly symptomatic but I know another is now a dormant carrier, and I must assume all my cats now carry the disease.

I've seen comments that people have had lesions show up in ear canals, eyes, and even the digestive tract. They did not specify if they were suffering type 1 or type 2. I've also seen many comments from sufferers of genital herpes insisting they had not even had any kind of sex and were therefore not sure how they contracted the disease. They think tanning bed use may have been the common denominator among them as the mode of transmission.

Clearly there may be some things we still do not know about Type 1 and 2 as well as we think. I know the feline form survives almost indefinitely on surfaces in the environment. I have no idea anymore if the human variants do or don't. With the nasty forms of staph that linger on surfaces, we should all be mindful of cleanliness of shared surfaces and hygiene anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

I ETS NOV.2 2006
You know what they say about old seamen right? They dont die, they just smell that way!

I kinda have to agree with thinking about breaking it off with the girl, sry to be a ogre here, but you only live once, and I am planning on doing it with no stds.

BTW, infecting others with a disease is against the law, at state local and federal levels, not knowing isnt a defense, you should have gotten tested.

S for you realspoke, I think this kid should move on to less trampled, and soiled pastures. I know I would, plenty of girls out there that dont have anything, why stay with one that is only going to mess up your junk for life, and wait until you have to tell your next girl....ya I got the herpes, I thought we were in love, man was I wrong......

As for those flaming for saying drop the infectiod like a bad habit, meh, your just mad that you got that # they cant cure, shoulda done like the rest of us and been more careful about who your with, and if your not sure always, always, always put a suit on the littlest astronaut before a walk into uncharted territory.

Follow those 2 easy rules, and you too will be 34 and never have an std, dont follow them............I am not the one for advice at that point, you should contact your local medcheck facility.

edit on 19-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-3-2012 by reddwhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join