It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Obamacare, don’t mend it: 'recommendations' by two members of Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
End Obamacare, don’t mend it: 'recommendations' by two members of Congress
By Rep. Steve King (R - IA), and Sen. Jim DeMint (R - S.C.)

The Washington Times

Friday, March 16, 2012

They have 'recommendations' for conservatives:

Conservatives should affirm these certitudes:

First, legislating according to the consent of the governed is what our republic is all about.

Second, Obamacare - contrary to Democrats’ expectations - has only grown more unpopular since it was passed, as its ugly details have emerged and offended.

Third, Obamacare is not an indirect, gimmicky campaign issue but a direct, concrete, firable offense the president and Democrats in Congress committed against our will and in plain view.

Every election, voters are told that this election is the most important of our lifetimes. In most elections, it’s not really true. In 2012, though, it probably is true, for one reason: Obamacare.

Two years after a Democratic Congress and President Obama foisted onto the American people an unpopular trillion-dollar takeover of American health care, we know that Obamacare is, in fact, even more unpopular than before and that it will cost almost $2 trillion.

The American people were told Obamacare would reduce health care costs, but premiums already are jumping. The American people were told they could keep their own coverage, but a new Congressional Budget Office report says millions will lose their current coverage every year.

The Article

They continue on about the Obamacare Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB).

You know, that panel of experts who some consider to be

the "Death Committee".

Repeal of such a committee is popular in Congress,

even has support of some Democrats !

IPAB is one of the most obnoxious parts of Obamacare: The unelected, unaccountable board of “experts” who effectively will be able to decide which patients can receive which treatments at what costs and from which doctors. The essence of Obamacare is government rationing of people’s access to medicine: IPAB bureaucrats are the rationers.

So we are as adamantly opposed to IPAB as we are to the rest of Obamacare - from the individual mandate to the abortion-pill requirement to the multitrillion-dollar price tag.

But IPAB is not distinct from Obamacare; it’s an inextricable part of the whole. As such, it should be repealed as part of the whole. The same holds true for attempts to surgically extract out the attack on religious freedom, the individual mandate and the financially unsustainable CLASS Act long-term care entitlement. Repealing little pieces of Obamacare here and there to render the cataclysmic merely disastrous undermines not only the essential causes of liberty and repeal, but the clarity of the choice the American people deserve.

Many people are beginning to wonder if the Obamamite Cartel
headed up by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid is simply a shill front
for the Insurance Cartels.

It seems a bit hard to believe that Congress (who passed the bill in the first place)
was not aware of all points and authorities.

They do have full legal advice and staff who surely "briefed" everybody before voting !!!

Many of the "authors" of the bill were in fact Obama supporters and "associates".

It is also apparent that the insurance cartels
were mysteriously excluded from the stimulus packages to a large extent.

ObamaCare might be the payoff to the Insurance Cartels

Do YOU Really believe She did not "Know"

(youtube caption):

Nancy Pelosi said, "But we have to pass the [health care ] bill so that you can find out what is in it."

Notice how She emphasizes "so that YOU can find out what is in it"

SHE already knew what was "in it"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You can't blame the insurance part of Obamacare on the Democrats. It was the Republicans that demanded the insurance portion to be included in the bill before they would vote for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can fix healthcare in this country very easily.. if only they'd let me be dictator for the day...

1st ... repeal Obamacare.

2nd ... Make health insurance illegal.

3rd ... because it can effect the health of human beings, make purposeful shortages of medication a felony offense.

4th ... abolish medicaid and medicare immediately.

When hospitals compete for your business.. you win. When they don't compete for your business and they can rip the government off for millions and bilk insurance companies to pay $5 for a can of coke .... you lose.

Consider this.. in my life thus far (25 almost 26) I've paid: over $39,000 in health insurance premiums for myself and my wife.

I've only gone to the hospital ONCE and had to pay over $1,500 (after insurance "covered" what they were supposed to)

Man.. what I could have done with that $39,000 ...

Insurance is a scam .. it's criminal .. I've worked in insurance up front and on the back end.. it's as corrupt as any organized crime family. I've seen cancer patients given the shaft, I've seen widows cheated out of thousands of dollars, I've seen people denied coverage because of a depression medication prescribed years ago..

And all Obamacare does is streamline the process so that everyone is FORCED to buy private health insurance.. the second biggest scam in this countries history .. second only to the trillions handed out to national and international banks/insurance companies.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Yes, you have included all the GOP talking points here. What is not discussed here, is that if the public option part of Obama's healthcare plan had been approved, the insurance companies would have been forced to lower their costs to compete. The GOP scared the American public away from the public option. Who stands to gain from the public option going away? The insurance companies, of course. So, the way I look at it:

The GOP is the shill for the insurance cartels

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Hey buddy .. a "Public Option" is a Government owned health insurance company (think Antham Blue Cross/Blue Shield) They are a public option in several states, such as Pennsylvania ... it's some of the crappiest most expensive insurance you can get.

reply to post by kaylaluv

In states with Public Options health insurance is often more expensive.

However it's completely besides the point... we shouldn't have a public option, and we shouldn't have a private option .. health providers are businesses, and should be held accountable like any business. A public option is just another middle man to !@$ your wallet.
edit on 3/19/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Yes, you have included all the GOP talking points here. What is not discussed here, is that if the public option part of Obama's healthcare plan had been approved, the insurance companies would have been forced to lower their costs to compete. The GOP scared the American public away from the public option. Who stands to gain from the public option going away? The insurance companies, of course. So, the way I look at it:

But why did the Dem controlled Congress allow itself to be bullied ?

maybe someone can actually "explain" the public option ??

in detail please ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I also wonder what the Democrat plan was/is to deal with

unemployed insurance workers and then to be tax delinquent insurance companies ?
(property taxes, sales taxes, other local revenues, etc.)

I think the shill Harry Reid knew all about the
public option being tanked.

In fact, I think he secretly supports a "no public option" agenda.
Reid is very very transparent ....
He is easy to "see through".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I for one like the idea of free government healthcare. Canada's got it why can't we? The idea that other people profit off of sickness and disease makes me mad. Things like healthcare, electricity, and the internet need to be free. No one owns the internet. No one should own your healthcare. and free electricity has been covered up since the time of Tesla, when he invented free energy his lab burned to the ground with everything in it. The high cost of healthcare is a conspiracy. The ever inflating price of energy is a conspiracy. we pay for these necessities - everyone needs it so make it part of what government provides as we pay trillions in taxes.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

You will take OBAMA CARE out of my cold dead hands!

And you can quote me on that.

When you live an isolated existence and only associate with people who think like you - you have only less than half the information you need. These congressmen are working on about 1/4 of the information out there and are caving to a few constituents - most likely their largest contributors, representing in the "New (money making) Health Services Bonanza"

I am amused and confused when I hear people say nobody wanted Public Health Care.
Where I come from EVERYBODY WANTED IT!
Either they are not interviewing everyone or they are flat out lying.

The only way Obama Care will be rescinded is if it is replaced with the PUBLIC OPTION everyone wanted at the beginning. People only caved in for this agreeably half baked legislation that does not do enough to help America get affordable healthcare because the blossoming "Medical Industry" and middlemen collecting their paychecks in the Insurance bonanza Industry put up a big stink. Obama Care could do more and be cheaper.

Congressmen want to take away my health care?

Give me a Public Option

edit on 19-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

When you live an isolated existence and only associate with people who think like you you have only half information you need to make decisions like this. These congressmen are working on about 1/4th.

The only way Obama Care will be rescinded is if it is replaced with the PUBLIC OPTION everyone wanted at the beginning. People only caved in for this half baked legislation that does not do enough to help America get affordable healthcare because the blossoming "Medical Industry" and middlemen collecting their paychecks in the Insurance bonanza Industry put up a big stink.

You want to take away our health care?

Give us a Public Option

edit on 19-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

I'm listening .....

What's the other "half" of the information.

Details would help.

The rants and raves are not very convincing !!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Here is a link to the actual bill.

Maybe you can quote the "good" and the "bad" ....

COMPILATION OF PATIENT PROTECTION
AND AFFORDABLE CARE ACT

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by buster2010

Hey buddy .. a "Public Option" is a Government owned health insurance company (think Antham Blue Cross/Blue Shield) They are a public option in several states, such as Pennsylvania ... it's some of the crappiest most expensive insurance you can get.

In states with Public Options health insurance is often more expensive.

However it's completely besides the point... we shouldn't have a public option, and we shouldn't have a private option .. health providers are businesses, and should be held accountable like any business. A public option is just another middle man to !@$ your wallet.
edit on 3/19/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

I've looked up Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, an I don't see that it offers a public option plan. I see a separate section for federal employees only, and I see a section for medicaid, but nothing like a public option for the general public. Can you provide a link that shows a public option with this plan?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
But why did the Dem controlled Congress allow itself to be bullied ?

My memory of the angry news from two years ago isn't all that great, but it was something along the lines of democrats wanting a public option in addition to various other portions of the bill with the entire GOP opposing it with a couple of blue-dog democrats opposing it as well. The congressional support for it wasn't there, here's one reason why:

maybe someone can actually "explain" the public option ??
in detail please ?

Your taxes will be raised. There's practically no way around it unless you slash spending to the point of near inoperability. Taxes for everyone are raised and that money goes directly into spending on health care (doctor visits, medicine, procedures, etc.). The downside, for most people, is that your taxes are raised. The upside is that no one in the country will ever receive a medical bill they can't pay for, ever. Hospitals either work with the government or for the government to cover costs. If the hospital demands too much money, they can't go after the individual who received care, they have to go after the government.

Every citizen participates, there is no 'mandate' to participate. Unless you consider paying taxes a mandate. That is the public option, that is the dreaded 'socialized medicine' the GOP wants you to stay away from.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The recent cost analysis of Obama care put the cost over 1 trillion dollars which was brought upon us by the Democratic party.

They held All 3 branches they own it never before in this nation history Americans are required to buy a product if they could already afford they would have it.

So if anyone is shilling for anyone it is the Democrats shilling for the insurance industry making it a mandate.

People can TRY to blame the GOP be get real no one is that stupid to believe that tripe.

edit on 19-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Oh you will get the public option - the walking abortion that is Obamacare is designed to create the environment for the government to swoop in and save the day by having a single payer system.

Obama said this is what he wanted - this is what is happening. Soon well all have #ty health care - won't it be grand?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I apologize it appears in 2011 the programs partnership with "Highmark" (the division of bcbs that worked with the Penn government) was cancelled in preparation for the 2014 launch of the Penn health exchange (as mandated by Obamacare) Highmark is a non-porift insurer subsidized by the Government to run their program for low income helath insurance assistance.. which eventually took over the entire Penn market. Now however only the childrens medical plan is still in effect, which you don't have to be low income either to go through their public option, you just have to pay a premium.

Several states have partnerships with insurance companies, sometimes is subsidized insurance programs only for low income, or in some cases like Pennsylvania it's for everyone as long as you pay. But unless you're low income the insurance is not cheap. The failure of bcbs (which ran the adult side of low income insurance) said costs ran to high, closed in 2011 and is working with Pennsylvania to open a new program called "Special Care", a new subsidized program to fill the gap before 2014.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If you have to pay a premium, then it's not a public option.

Subsidized insurance is not public insurance. Middle-income families are eligible for subsidized insurance under 'Obamacare', that doesn't mean it's public.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

wtf are you talking about?

Public option simply means a Government run and or highly subsidized insurance policy?

It's not free healthcare.. it's not universal healthcare.. it's the exact same type of system we use today, only you'd have the option for a Federal Pubic Option, which would have been a federally run insurance corporation.

The public health insurance option is a proposed government-run health insurance agency which competes with other health insurance companies. It is not the same as Publicly-funded health care. Called the public insurance option or public option, for short, it was a proposed health insurance plan that could be offered by the federal government of the United States. It had been featured in two bills considered by the U.S. House of Representatives: the proposed Affordable Health Care for America Act (H.R. 3962), passed by the House in 2009, and its predecessor the proposed America's Affordable Health Choices Act (H.R. 3200).

en.wikipedia.org...

For example.. the UK and Canada have publicly funded health care... Not public options.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Then I would suggest to those members of congress that we the people get exactly the same medical and retirement package they so lavishly enjoy.

Who in sam hell works for who.

Research what a member of congress and their wives get as far as medical and retirement benefits.

Somethings not fair here.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ups

DeMint is a bought sock puppet, just like 99% of congress...so his opinion is pretty worthless

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join