It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts haunting Brompton IGA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Are ghosts haunting Brompton IGA

www.news.com.au

THE South Australian town of Brompton is a little spooked after CCTV video captured what appears to be proof that their local IGA is haunted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Rather interesting footage if you watch the video. It really does look like the item is just thrown off the shelf.

I would like to take the owner at his word, and, I think that the previous owner's warning gives some extra credence to this story.

So... Ghosts? Or some rats out partying at night?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
working in a super market I can tell you that people will decide they dont want a product and will just place it back on the shelf even if it is the wrong spot.
the packet was probably just sitting in place and then suddenly just fell, a large truck driving past can vibrate the ground causing the product to fall.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
working in a super market I can tell you that people will decide they dont want a product and will just place it back on the shelf even if it is the wrong spot.
the packet was probably just sitting in place and then suddenly just fell, a large truck driving past can vibrate the ground causing the product to fall.

That was also my original thought, however, it doesn't look like it just fell. It looked forcibly 'ejected' from that shelf.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I watched it over and over and at first I was wow, the bit that first got me was the reverse look where it looked like it was thrown down the isle, realizing it was the shadow that gave the illusion of being flung.

If the rollups where just placed on the top of the pasta and it somehow worked lose it would slide down like a fat kid down a slide and as it hits the front bar holding back the pasta it would basically make it looked like it tripped and flung it.

But at 11.30pm, the CCTV cameras mysteriously switched on to capture a packet of Roll-Ups in the middle of aisle.

As I said in my previous post, the vibration of a large truck or train going past can cause a vibration which could trigger the camera and capture the rollups falling, otherwise it would have switched on during the fall and not before.

edit on 19-3-2012 by munkey66 because: added content

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Most likely just a discarded/unwanted item that some lazy shopper threw onto that lower shelf. The item found itself positioned in an unstable state with it's centre of gravity to far forward for it to remain permanently in position. Then all it took to dislodge it was a small amount of vibration applied to the shelf.

By the way, Brompton is NOT a town but simply a suburb of Adelaide and not very far from the city centre. You'd think the reporters would do at least a modicum of research regarding their facts

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The whole ghost phenomenon has been round for many many years,lots of documented pictures,video's & eyewitness accounts.

I watch the video hoping to see something good..then...silly faced woman & eerie music put me right off,like most of you guys have said it could be vibrations or something from a truck or lorry.

If i was going to take a guess i would say the store needs a little publicity & has gone for ghost angle,it could be real but ny spidy sense says no.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Great presentation in this video, but if it's like grocery stores elsewhere in the world, a crew comes in to stack the shelves and tidy them at night. It doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to think that the one of the crew is pitching it from the aisle behind. If night crews are the case then the video cameras should be on and not come on mysteriously at all if the store owner has his wits about him. I have never heard of security video cameras being turned off when the store is empty. So I call this a good natured publicity stunt.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by tauristercus

Great presentation in this video, but if it's like grocery stores elsewhere in the world, a crew comes in to stack the shelves and tidy them at night. It doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to think that the one of the crew is pitching it from the aisle behind. If night crews are the case then the video cameras should be on and not come on mysteriously at all if the store owner has his wits about him. I have never heard of security video cameras being turned off when the store is empty. So I call this a good natured publicity stunt.

Actually a lot of stores have the cameras at night connected to motion detectors to save on tape/drive space and electric so the cameras are on but not recording unless motion is detected. I've installed a few with this setup myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

If you see how the shells are angled and where they end, at the edn of the video, there is no way that the pack would fall like that, it would fall down more upright as soon as it left the shelve and land much closer to the shelf.

I believe it was indeed flung.
edit on 19-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

There was no night crew, he locked the door behind him and everything was in order.

Don´t you think he would think of that if there were people working there?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

it does look flung but it could have been dislodged by a running mouse or somthing

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

At my work just today a packet of breakfast food just fell off a side wing at the end of an isle, no one around and it landed around the same distance from the shelf as the rollups in the video, and coincidence or not, I actually witnessed it fall and immediately thought of this thread.
Packet goods constantly fall off shelves in supermarkets, even products deliberately placed in the shelf where they are meant to go.
You can believe it was flung there if it makes you feel better to believe, personally I have seen enough products on the floor to not blink an eye when something falls off the shelf.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Define what is a Ghost? But yes paranormal activity has known to frequently take place in shops. I suspect its from the wide variety of people who visit during the day.
edit on 23-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

top topics

join