posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
In answer to your question this is how you survive:
1) Live on a budget, and stick to it, if nothing more, but stick to your budget. Live frugally. So it may mean that you will not be able to go out
and eat, but then again with the right amount of planning you can get a lot for very little.
2) Visit food banks. While the selection may not be what you want, but it is food, and it is free. Use the food stamps, but hit the places that you
know not only accept food stamps but also have sales. Most stores have weekly sales and a bit of preplanning means that you can get a good selection
to choose from, though towards the end of the month before your card is refilled it will be the food that you normally do not want, but it will keep
3) While you have a truck, is there public transportation, if so, ditch the truck unless you absolutely need it. That way you can save money
4) Get with your social worker, cause they are a resource for helping you find housing and other services to assist you in living. They may also get
you into a job that can assist you, as Social Security does allow for you to work, though the amount you bring in has to be low, but can supplement
5) Save a bit every month, consider it a nest egg or for when you need or for an emergency.